• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

[Final] Buffy v Angel

Buffy v Angel

• Buffy

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Angel

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I'd want to get my battling finished during the day and head out for celebratory drinks after. Buffy's more useful for sunlit fights and more fun for partying afterwards.

Mylie

Scooby
Even in season 7, Buffy doesn't fall as low as Angel does, in terms of value for human lives. She never does anything like killing Drogyn, or letting Darla and Dru kill a room full of lawyers. The most she does is SAY that she'll do something like that... Which was mostly bluffing, IMO.
What about what she did to those slayers in Potential? Just because things turned out ok for her doesn't mean what she did wasn't messed up.

Or how she has no problem letting Spike go free with his trigger?

I'm honestly not saying that Angel is better than Buffy. I voted for Buffy and I stand by my choice. But Buffy isn't as perfect or human a fighter as people make her out to be.

BuffyBot22

Scooby
I gotta go with Buffy. Humans on Angel's team, rarely make it out alive. He may value them in a fight more than Buffy does, but that's because a lot of times Buffy values her friends more than letting them walk into a fight she believes will get them killed.
Plus, side note: Buffy defeat Angel/Angelus so she is clearly stronger physically and mentally. She is more stable than Angel, he goes off the rails a bit.
But, he would definitely be my second choice, it's just Buffy wins when it's a pick of the two of them.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The people calling Buffy out on her ego, are forgetting that Angel has a fair size one of his own;) For my money Buffy is far more of a team player than Angel, and is just as good if not better at fighting. So it has to be Slayer, one of great icons of pop culture. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE DAMN IT!:p

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
The people calling Buffy out on her ego, are forgetting that Angel has a fair size one of his own;) For my money Buffy is far more of a team player than Angel, and is just as good if not better at fighting. So it has to be Slayer, one of great icons of pop culture. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE DAMN IT!:p
I was going to say something here but @Mr Trick beat me to it . I agree with everything he said .

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
What about what she did to those slayers in Potential? Just because things turned out ok for her doesn't mean what she did wasn't messed up.

I'm honestly not saying that Angel is better than Buffy. I voted for Buffy and I stand by my choice. But Buffy isn't as perfect or human a fighter as people make her out to be.
Sure. As Mr Trick said - they're both flawed, and they're both willing to sacrifice morals for the greater good at times. I just think that Angel is far more willing to do so.
Buffy might accidentally get me killed because she's looking at the big picture... But Angel might literally kill me with his bare hands for the "Greater Good".

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
And let's not forget the Greater Good can be what ever you want.

Reactions: Guy

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Non-Whedon aka real Angel, no hesitation about it. Since I plan to take a couple of magical beings into battle with me they can find a way around the sunlight and fire issues. Angel is more durable than Buffy. Doesn't need to take a breather, can take bullets and swords and whatnot and still go on. He also doesn't need someone to hold him up, a yes-man (or woman) or pep talks to get his ass moving. And he also gives the best speeches where as Buffy should never be allowed to give any. He can motivate a team better as well.

Mr Trick

Scooby

But it was them turning on Buffy not the other way around. She was the one with experience, and they disrespected her, and just supported Faith because she gave them the easy thrills of a good night out. The Scoobies had the right to question Buffy, and did it in a more subtle way too. The Potentials should have kept my mouths shut;)

Non-Whedon aka real Angel, no hesitation about it. Since I plan to take a couple of magical beings into battle with me they can find a way around the sunlight and fire issues. Angel is more durable than Buffy. Doesn't need to take a breather, can take bullets and swords and whatnot and still go on. He also doesn't need someone to hold him up, a yes-ma And he also gives the best speeches where as Buffy should never be allowed to give any. He can motivate a team better as weln (or woman) or pep talks to get his ass moving.l.
Can't agree with that. Buffy's speech to Angel in Amends alone is one of the best in the verse. And its a personal choice, but because SMG is a better dramatic actor than David then I think she is able to sell the importance of those scenes better.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
I agree with you . Buffy is a much better speaker .

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Can't agree with that. Buffy's speech to Angel in Amends alone is one of the best in the verse.
Pft. Angel has the best speeches on redemption and what not. Canon Buffy was good at that too. Dawnverse Buffy got only half her brain resurrected with her, hence her horrendous speeches. And since that is the current Buffy, that's the one that counts...so she sucks.

Yup. SMG is a better actor than David. That's a good reason to have Buffy in a fight rather than Angel. Somehow.
DB is the more convincing fighter. Teeny tiny SMG looks ridiculous when 'fighting'. And since this is about BATTLE as in FIGHT, I'll take the more convincing fighter then. Don't need a drama queen, need an ass kicker.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
DB is the more convincing fighter. Teeny tiny SMG looks ridiculous when 'fighting'. And since this is about BATTLE as in FIGHT, I'll take the more convincing fighter then
I totally agree.

(But then Faith should've beaten Buffy because Eliza was more physical than Sarah).

Spanky
Spanky
Faith couldn't even beat Willow let alone Buffy.
wickedwillow
wickedwillow
But Buffy can't beat Willow either

Mylie

Scooby
But it was them turning on Buffy not the other way around. She was the one with experience, and they disrespected her, and just supported Faith because she gave them the easy thrills of a good night out. The Scoobies had the right to question Buffy, and did it in a more subtle way too. The Potentials should have kept my mouths shut;)
Umm what?? I'm talking about the episode Potential. Buffy leaving the slayers alone to defend themselves against the vamps.

Priceless

Scooby
DB is the more convincing fighter. Teeny tiny SMG looks ridiculous when 'fighting'. And since this is about BATTLE as in FIGHT, I'll take the more convincing fighter then. Don't need a drama queen, need an ass kicker.
But isn't this the whole point of the show? That this tiny little blonde girl can kick demon ass and beat the odds and save the world.

Priceless

Scooby
Did you even read anything other than what I said? Because then it might make more sense to you.
That makes no sense to me. How is it possible to read anything other than what you said? I read what you said, you choose Angel because he's male, physically bigger and stronger than a little blonde girl, you say SMG looks 'ridiculous' when fighting. You said it, I read it, I replied that I disagree and feel that you've actually missed the whole point of BtVS

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
That makes no sense to me. How is it possible to read anything other than what you said? I read what you said, you choose Angel because he's male, physically bigger and stronger than a little blonde girl, you say SMG looks 'ridiculous' when fighting. You said it, I read it, I replied that I disagree and feel that you've actually missed the whole point of BtVS
Because what I said was in relation to both @Mr Trick and @thetopher. If you had actually paid attention to that, then you wouldn't have misunderstood me. So what you are saying makes no sense because it's not what my post is about. Do I need to recap for you until you get it?

Priceless

Scooby
Because what I said was in relation to both @Mr Trick and @thetopher. If you had actually paid attention to that, then you wouldn't have misunderstood me. So what you are saying makes no sense because it's not what my post is about. Do I need to recap for you until you get it?
I think I have understood you; you are saying that because SMG, the actress doesn't look as good as DB the actor, as a fighter, then you will choose Angel, the character over Buffy the character. I have read the others posts which seem to do with who gives the better speeches, and have nothing to do with how someone looks. But I thnk we should leave it there because you obviously don't want to enter into a meaningful discussion

Top Bottom