• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Go Fish, Inca Mummy Girl, or Reptile Boy. Which one would you keep?

Mr Trick

Scooby
I LOVE Go Fish. I mean, yea, it's definitely not the best episode in the world, but it was the first episode I ever saw, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

It's hard to decide between the other two... On one hand, I don't consider Reptile Boy to be bad.. just mildly boring. On the other hand, Inca Mummy Girl is definitely a worse episode, but Empada's (sp?) story is legitimately moving and it was nice to see Xander fall in love (as well as push Willow to look elsewhere).

I choose Reptile Boy! Due to not really having an emotional connection with it.

I wouldn't say that it was legitimately moving for me. It was nice that they made that link to Buffy, and it made Empada a less black and white monster of the week. But there wasn't enough thought put into it to really make me care. I was never convinced that Empada should be forgiven for her actions.

The Ferg

Scooby
I wouldn't say that it was legitimately moving for me. It was nice that they made that link to Buffy, and it made Empada a less black and white monster of the week. But there wasn't enough thought put into it to really make me care. I was never convinced that Empada should be forgiven for her actions.
I suppose I agree. A better word would've been "surprisingly engaging," rather than "moving."

Mr Trick

Scooby
I suppose I agree. A better word would've been "surprisingly engaging," rather than "moving."

Like you said too it was good to see Xander attempt to move on from his crush over Buffy. I wonder if it might have been better if they had not revealed from the start who Empada was. That way we could have been more engaged with the relationship with Xander and her link to Buffy.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I wonder if it might have been better if they had not revealed from the start who Empada was. That way we could have been more engaged with the relationship with Xander and her link to Buffy.
I agree, I find that to be the problem with the episode. The fact that we know she's the mummy from the beginning makes me not care about Xander and her. I think for me the highlight of IMG is Willow.
Willow: "I can sit around and wait for Xander or I can move on."
Buffy: "Good for you."
Willow: "I haven't decided yet."
I love it!

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I love that line from Willow too!

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Inca Mummy Girl

Loved this episode and it gives Xander a chance and love and a few one liners later on in the show. Go fish, well I actually hated that episode. Not because of Xander but just the actual storyline and the monsters I found irritating and dull in comparison to other episodes. And Reptile Boy, well.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Reptile Boy is the one I find myself liking more over time. Its the main monster plot which I find lame. But the comedy is pretty sharp, and the character interactions solid. Plus its cool to have a rare Cordy-Buffy episode.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I feel like Reptile Boy may be the most forgettable episode of Buffy. And Go Fish has Wentworth Miller, which is great, but he's not exactly his standout Michael Scofield self. And I don't particularly care about speedo Xander. Inca Mummy Girl introduces Oz. So I'd need to keep that one.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I agree with you. Get rid of Repitle Boy & keep Inca Mummy Girl . IMG had a lot more to it i believe.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Inca Mommy girl.
However, I enjoyed Reptile boy, the Cordy/Buffy interaction was golden!
Although I'll admit that I had to google what Reptile boy was about because just from the title I didn't remember what the plot was :D

ChaseRules

Sineya
What about the Cordy/Buffy interaction did you like ?

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
What about the Cordy/Buffy interaction did you like ?

Well the humour behind it was fun but I also enjoyed seeing them together because Cordy is similar to how Buffy was before she became the slayer, so it's interesting to watch them together :) Buffy judges Cordy a lot but I'd bet anything she was like her before she became the slayer.

Mr Trick

Scooby
See the OZ factor, plus one or two other moments is probably what saves Inca Mummy from being a total dog. The Xander Speedo moment is kinda iconic (really it is!;)), but I can see why it might not be to everyone's taste:D I adore the opening to Reptile Boy with the Scoobies watching that Indian video. That alone probably saves it for me:)

ChaseRules

Sineya
Well the humour behind it was fun but I also enjoyed seeing them together because Cordy is similar to how Buffy was before she became the slayer, so it's interesting to watch them together :) Buffy judges Cordy a lot but I'd bet anything she was like her before she became the slayer.
I agree with you there . I like how Cordy & Buffy were when they were together . Make you wonder how things would be if Cordy/Buffy had been closer .

Reactions: Bop

ChaseRules

Sineya
Makes you wonder how they be like if Buffy haddn't changed on bevoming a Slayer .

sosa lola

Scooby
I think all these episodes are saved by the awesome Scooby interaction.

Reptile Boy has the best Buffy/Xander/Willow scene ever. Them watching a Bollywood movie while braiding Willow's hair, Xander being much better at it than Buffy, which reveals that Xander might have braided Willow's hair several times while growing up while Buffy never bothered to style anyone's hair but herself - she used to be a Cordelia in LA. Xander and Willow switching snacks while talking - again this episode hints to the tight friendship between them. Willow telling Giles and Angel off was classic.

Inca Mummy Girl has the Oz introduction, Willow in Eskimo clothes, Xander offering himself to Empada to save Willow's life, and the final Buffy/Xander scene which I adore. It's the scene where Xander appreciates Buffy's strength sacrificing herself for humanity and Buffy appreciating Xander saving her life in Prophecy Girl.

Go Fish has SPEEDO XANDER, "It's officially nippy....so says my nips!", SPEEDO XANDER, fun Xander, Willow and Cordelia interactions, SPEEDO XANDER, Willow scaring the life out of Jhonathan and him peeing in the pool, SPEEDO XANDER, Xander saving Buffy's life for the 10000 time and of course, no one is gonna remember and I'm sorry but speedo Xander just seals the deal.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I agree with you on most of that but speedo Xander was just wrong to me :eek:

L

Living Dead Boy

I lurrrrve Reptile Boy, so that one's a keeper. So much fantastic character interactions. You got the great Bollywood scene, all the great Cordy/Buffy scenes, Buffy lying to Giles, Willow telling Giles and Angel off, what's not to love? Sure the snake monster was cheese-tastic, but so was the Mayor. :p

sosa lola

Scooby
I agree with you on most of that but speedo Xander was just wrong to me :eek:

200.gif

I beg to differ!

Reactions: Bop
Top Bottom