• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Go Fish, Inca Mummy Girl, or Reptile Boy. Which one would you keep?

Ceadsearc03

Potential
I'd keep them. They are bad episodes side by side with all of the others but they serve a purpose in continuing the various relationships and character development. If I had to choose between keeping everything about S2 as is, or redoing everything I would keep the season the way it is. Using this type of logic, I feel compelled to keep these 3 specific episodes as well. People above did a good job of discussing how each of these episodes have their redeeming elements, and it is these elements that make them better with re-watches as opposed to worse. I feel the same way about other episodes, such as Bad Eggs. The characters and relationships grow too much in little scenes here and there to consider them drop-able. Relatively speaking.

I agree. I feel like S2 was so good they feel crappy in some ways, but they all had great parts and moved the story along, even in little ways.

If I had to choose one, I’d choose Reptile Boy for the B/A and B/C interactions, but I really think they all belong even if they aren’t “the best.”

Mr Trick

Scooby
Re-watched Reptile Boy the other. And you know what I WAS WRONG!!:eek: Its a pretty solid episode. There's some good comedy and character moments. The opening scene is adorable. Even the cheesy MOTW stuff is fun in a goofy sort of way. Its not amazing, and drags at times. But its not a bad episode. Unlike the other two;)

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Just like I said I choose Reptile Boy to keep, I love this episode. The one that I would ditch is Go Fish, I hate this episode! Partly because Spike isn't in it after where IOHEFY left off, & it's boring as hell.

katmobile

Scooby
I think Reptile Boy - you get some good Willow and it helps move Bangel along. I'd still have to have the costume party and Oz noticing Willow though from Inca Mummy Girl.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
That is a good scene.

GothicBuffy

Slayer
I love Go Fish: it's one of my favorite monster of the weeks. Is it pretty cringey at times? yeah. Is it funny as hell? Also yes. Never understood why it got hate. Besides Cordelia being prepared to date and care for fish Xander, my favorite part of the episode is when the coach explained that the fish steam came from soviet union and they were using to make super olympians... This is one of my favorite moments in the ENTIRE show. The way he delivers the lines. The sheer absurdity of it all. The obligatory soviet union reference. Perfect episode.

Reptile boy was poorly executed and straight up annoying at times but I love Willow's speech to Giles and Angel, putting them in their place.

So I guess that leaves Inca Mummy girl... not even that bad of an episode but I'm still thinking about the fact that an exchange student was murdered... there was no follow up on that. That poor kid's parents sent him on a trip to America and he died on day 1. That's horrific.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Good point on Cordy in Go Fish. Even though I hate the episode I can see your point.
Kill Him A Lot
Kill Him A Lot
Cordy's speech to "Xander" in the pool is really sweet. If Xander had the maturity to process and accept Cordelia's growing feelings for him, I think their relationship wouldn't have ended the way it did.

71 Avalon

Townie
Three rotten S2 episodes often talked of as the low points of the season. But if you could make a case for one to stay, or even for the other two being just so dire then which one would you keep?

Go Fish has to go;) straight away for me. The other two at least have cheesy appeal and are quite fun to watch in places. This episode is just pretty mean and out of order with its gender politics and the monster of the week is just too lame. It leaves a bad taste in the way the other two just don't.

Inca Mummy Girl is a guilty pleasure of mine, sorry!:p I like Xander's cheesy flirting, Willow's cute eskimo costume is possibly enough to give the episode a pass alone:) They at least try something with the link between Buffy and Ampata even if it doesn't quite work. Plus Buffy's overalls, super cute!:p

Reptile Boy has random fun moments, and Willow standing up to Angel and Giles is a great character moment for her, but I still think the theme of the episode is too on the nose, and the pace really drags.
I'd keep Inca Mummy Girl because at least the girl guest actress playing the part of mummy was hot.

Cheetah

Townie
I love all three of those episodes. If I had to ditch an episode from S2 it would be Some Assembly Required, one of the few episodes of Buffy that I actually find boring.

71 Avalon

Townie
I love all three of those episodes. If I had to ditch an episode from S2 it would be Some Assembly Required, one of the few episodes of Buffy that I actually find boring.
Yeah, I agree. I always thought that episode was kinda dark, morbid, and just plain gross. Not that much grossness was shown of course, but the images of what they were doing to those bodies off screen got put in my head! Yuck! 🤢🤮

Top Bottom