• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Guess the Big Bad for House Points II

Who or What is Twilight? (Multiple choices allowed)

• A Scoob

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • Sam, or Riley, or something initiative related

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Something Mythological, most likely Celtic, or Norse

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Kenny the Thricewise, or something related

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • A Demon

• A Mystic

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • A God

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A Slayer

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • A Watcher

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Something, or somebody else

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Something we haven't seen or heard of before

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Caleb, or something like him. Something related to the First Evil

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • The Immortal, Pike, Hank Summers, or Ethan Rayne

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Kennedy

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Warren or Amy

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • A Vampire, or Werewolf

• Andrew

• An Android or Cyborg (part man, demon, or wholly mechanical)

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • There's more than one

• A human lacking any personal magic power (it comes from objects) 4 9.09%

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHalfBreed

Townie
I think its ben. managaing to come back somehow. he has alot of the powers of glory but maybe some of his own from coming back to get revenge?

TheHalfBreed

Townie
indeed. but it wouldent be the first time someones come back from the dead. maybe those weird creature things found a way to bring him back

strangelylite

Townie
What about this?

Twilight prepares to take off his mask. And slowly slides it off.

Twilight/Harmony: Thats Right! its ME!
Buffy: Wait? Harmony?
Harmony: Un-HUH! that's Right Slayer! For it is me!
Willow: ...Harm? But why?
Harm: How else was i expected to get my own Hit MTV show?

C
cranetimothyj
[No message]

mikeywikey

Townie
I have a new idea for who twilight may be, ( actually I have 2 )
One is that it is one of the knights from those knights that were trying to destroy Dawn - ( They obviously need a new hobby) or its Dracula's son Vlad 2nd.
I also think at some point she will have to battle a dragon, as she has had 2 dreams in this seirs about dragons.

ukkid09

Potential
I thinks its Glory.. I think Twilight's actually the first 'direct' big bad since Glory.Who seems to macth Glory identity ,strenght and so on ,we never know glory true identity ,so it could by a man in her dimension , we never now ..;)!

Five

Magical Proficiency Level
It's so cool that everyone has so many different theories. I really hope we get this big question answered in the next issue...

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
I don't have another final guess, but I was just rereading Anywhere but Here, and I wonder if there isn't a clue in there.

Remember when Buffy and Willow were talking about Robin, the minder, and they mention how in the mind of a minder, time and logic are "bendy"?

Time in particular is interesting, because when Willow first meets her she calls her by name, and Buffy is confused saying, "I thought you hadn't met", to which Willow replies, "We do later on".

Well, Robin says something curious to Buffy. She says, "The important thing is you rescue the prince." Willow says, "Even I didn't follow that one", but could that be a clue?

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Well, Robin says something curious to Buffy. She says, "The important thing is you rescue the prince." Willow says, "Even I didn't follow that one", but could that be a clue?

Almost certainly. But I don't have any better idea what it means now than I did then. Oz's son Kelden is the only thing that comes to mind, but Oz is not a king. Maybe Bay is a queen of something?

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
Well, Satsu does play the handsome Prince to Buffy's Sleeping Beauty in Long Way Home, but no, Satsu doesn't fit for Twilight.

Ethan Rayne references Hamlet, but not in a way you could see him as the Danish prince.

Speaking of Hamlet though...and this is no doubt reaching, in Lies My Parents Told Me Spike says "There's the rub, innit", a clear reference to Hamlet's famous To Be, or not To Be soliloquy - "Aye there's the rub".

The Oedipal thing has been discussed in referenced to both Hamlet, and Spike, and Oedipus was the prince of Thebes, I think.

And in The Gift Spike parodies the St. Crispin's speech of Prince Hal - "we few, we happy few".

But yeah, I don't know.

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
When Robin makes her comment about rescuing the prince, Willow says "even I didn't follow that one," and Robin says, "No, it follows you."

Could that mean that the prince follows after Willow in time? Could that be why Willow had to go on living for 200 years? To rescue the prince?

Or could it mean that the Prince will turn out to be someone who is a follower of Buffy and/or Willow?

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
Haven't a clue. Maybe it just means something like a character who follows her, as in, keeps coming back into her life.

I just thought of another one for Spike, but I edited it in to my post above just as you were posting so you might have missed it. It could conceivably matter.

"The Oedipal thing has been discussed in reference to both Hamlet, and Spike, and Oedipus was the prince of Thebes, I think."

Actually the more I think about it the more the "prince" references to Spike keep popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom