• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Michael B. Jordan As Superman?

white avenger

white avenger
The folks running the DCEU have made enough bad decisions in the last few years, but this one, if it actually happens, just may be the final nail in the coffin for the franchise. Superman has been in publication for over 80 years, and on the big and little screen for almost 6o. There have been changes over the years, but those changes have been subtle and developed over time. Making him suddenly black after all this time would be just too much.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
As I mentioned in the other thread a few months ago Superman has been black before but I have no earthly idea on how they intend to pull this off. Is it animated or what? I mean he's been dead for about a decade. That just sounds crazy to me.

Sineya
They would have to buy the image rights to make this happen. So they would then have a Superman played by someone who has a history of paying off people who claim to be his pedophile victims. A black Superman is not the end of the world but Superman being played by someone of dubious character would be the end of the franchise.

SES SA

Potential
I feel like more explanation is required. It feels like I am missing pieces of this story.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Shame, I hope it is Michael Jackson, we will get to see superman on the moon, doing his moonwalk.

white avenger

white avenger
It's Michael B. Jordan playing Superman, not Michael Jackson.

:)
Oops. That's what I get for watching "Black Panther" and "The Thriller" in the same setting.

My mind jest ain't what it uster be, and even when it was, it wasn't much to brag on.

Sorry, folks.

(If anyone could change the title of this thread, I would be eternally grateful)

GraceK

Grr Arrg
The fact that it’s Michael B Jordan that they chose is more offensive to me. I can’t stand that guy. Everything I have seen him in he plays the same character. Angry guy. Black panther he was angry. Fahrenheit 451 he was angry. Fantastic Four he was angry and angsty. He is very one note and extremely irritating and can’t act his way out of a paper bag. I cannot see him as someone who is supposed to be someone like Clark Kent or Superman.

Stop trying to make Michael B Jordan happen!!! He’s not gonna happen!!!’:D

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
The fact that it’s Michael B Jordan that they chose is more offensive to me. I can’t stand that guy. Everything I have seen him in he plays the same character. Angry guy. Black panther he was angry. Fahrenheit 451 he was angry. Fantastic Four he was angry and angsty. He is very one note and extremely irritating and can’t act his way out of a paper bag. I cannot see him as someone who is supposed to be someone like Clark Kent or Superman.

Stop trying to make Michael B Jordan happen!!! He’s not gonna happen!!!’:D
He is not a very nuanced actor and for that role you need one. I still say he's too small. Bodyframe not right. But people accused me of trolling when I said that in the thread before. I honestly like the idea of Michael Jackson better. You could make it really funky and fun.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Here nuance means 'a slight difference in meaning', having an actor who can see a slight difference in meaning will P off the director.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Why can't Superman be played by Michael Jackson?
The ghost of Superman that is, although to be correct it would have to be Superghoul.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Too much what in what way?

You're too black, boy, sit down!

I'm pretty sure the DCEU and Warner Bros. have made plenty of actual bad decisions before this. I mean, they are seen as the obvious lesser between DC and Marvel, and have been churning out tripe for a while now. The DCEU has been consistently failing, at least critically and in comparison to their largest competitor. I don't think it's because they're making Superman black. That's just a bit ridiculous, especially after they saw the stupidly profitable Black Panther box office returns. Did you know heads of Hollywood studios like money?

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Doesn’t make Michael B Jordan a good choice...
I honestly don't think they've made any good choices, so this is par for the course. I just don't understand how Superman being black, not casting a bad actor, is the one to break them. The DCEU has chased trends and made bad decisions throughout.

Top Bottom