• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spoiler! Preview for BTVS S10 Issue #29

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
Your pics and gifs are making me miss Willow... She was the cutest in the early seasons (and also in the later ones), but not when she had that terrible season 4 hairstyle:

Nah... She could pull it off... Damn her!
Willow could pull almost everything off. Dungarees, oversized hats, pink fuzzy sweaters, weirdest color-combinations...

Well, expect this:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Gnah... I got eye cancer! (To be fair, Tara isn't much better...)

Quick! Something cute:

<3 <3

Also didn't like her S06 promo pictures. Blonde doesn't suit her.

I get it. Though to be fair, he kind of grows on you... Especially when he told Angel he was out and Angel was like "You were in?". I love that guy (not Andrew). Hmm... Maybe I just like Tommy Lenk's instagram? ;)
When I look at Andrew in the comics I see a guy who violated Buffy's body, which makes her think she's pregnant btw, to "protect" her, but which (naturally) results in the opposite. He gets forgiven with the promise of doing better. Then he attempts to resurrect Tara for selfish reasons, which almost leads to Tara's soul getting consumed by the Soul Glutton (and a little breakdown of Willow). The worst is that Buffy and Willow end up apologizing to him because he doesn't feel loved and cuddled. Again, he apologizes and promises to do better. Then he creates Jonathan 2.0, again for selfish reasons which also backfires and results in an additional baddie at D'Hoffryns side. He always screws up in a major way, wallows in self-pity and learns nothing. There's no progress. He's just there to screw with Buffy's (and Willow's) mind and what's worst, it's resulting in a jarring behavior of them in return. I couldn't care less about his "coming out" arc because of that. Add that he overall has more plot than Willow, you have the reason why he gets the majority of my wrath.

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
Quick! Something cute:

<3 <3
Definitively cute!!!

When I look at Andrew in the comics I see a guy who violated Buffy's body, which makes her think she's pregnant btw, to "protect" her, but which (naturally) results in the opposite. He gets forgiven with the promise of doing better. Then he attempts to resurrect Tara for selfish reasons, which almost leads to Tara's soul getting consumed by the Soul Glutton (and a little breakdown of Willow). The worst is that Buffy and Willow end up apologizing to him because he doesn't feel loved and cuddled. Again, he apologizes and promises to do better. Then he creates Jonathan 2.0, again for selfish reasons which also backfires and results in an additional baddie at D'Hoffryns side. He always screws up in a major way, wallows in self-pity and learns nothing. There's no progress. He's just there to screw with Buffy's (and Willow's) mind and what's worst, it's resulting in a jarring behavior of them in return. I couldn't care less about his "coming out" arc because of that. Add that he overall has more plot than Willow, you have the reason why he gets the majority of my wrath.
I haven't read season 9 and the beginning of season 10 extensively. You're right about Andrew though. But nothing about the Buffybot pregnancy made sense and you gotta blame the writers... no one likes pregnancy fics! I didn't see his coming out arc, just Angel's cute response, sorry...

Btw, I think Willow's serious face+fuzzy sweater =

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
When I look at Andrew in the comics I see a guy who violated Buffy's body, which makes her think she's pregnant btw, to "protect" her.
He's a member of a pretty big club. Who hasn't tried to violate buffy's body and/or "protect" her inappropriately?
Giles - that hard to spell test thingy with the vampire & leaving in S6 so she can learn to stand on her own
Xander - the hyena A/R
Angel - protecting her by leaving her
Angelus - trying to kill her
Spike - A/R in seeing red & multiple killing attempts
Warren - when robbing the armoured car
I'm sure we could add to the list

B
black cat
[No message]

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
Spike and this door:
Personally, Spike's chemistry with that door is second only to this amazing pic I found just now:

It looks like a Billy Idol + pirate all-in-one Halloween costume made all the more poignant by the thumb he tucked in his pants and whatever his facial expression is trying to convey there. Seems like I just turned this thread into a schoolyard fight...

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
Love that pic. Thanks for sharing. And I can totally take you in a school yard fight. I'm pulling your hair right now.

GoSpuffy

Black Thorn
I don't find Spike/Faith and Spike/Anya interesting.

I actually find Spike/Joyce interesting, are there fics?
Spike/Joyce are adorable. I don't really like Spike/Faith either, but mainly because I know it would really bother Buffy. But I do like Spike/Anya, they had a lot in common, the way they had bad pasts but were trying to move forward and be better people even when they were so often at odds with the reality they were living in.

Scooby Corps

He's a member of a pretty big club. Who hasn't tried to violate buffy's body and/or "protect" her inappropriately?
Giles - that hard to spell test thingy with the vampire
Xander - the hyena A/R
But Xander, Giles, Spike and Angel aren't reduced to just screw with people's bodies or minds. They are actually fleshed out characters and have enough other stuff going on. Andrew doesn't.

I don't see where Angel's departure is a violation or an inappropriate protection, btw.

Warren and Angelus are villains. Of course, they try to kill Buffy. Andrew is not. He's actually a Scoobie.

And you have to see the robot thing in context to the rest I have listed. It's about the pattern that he's always screwing up without learning or getting any better.

Btw, I think Willow's serious face+fuzzy sweater =

Yeah, Buffy also had her adorable cuteness moments. <3 <3

Nothing tops Willow though. :D

sosa lola

Scooby
Giles - that hard to spell test thingy with the vampire & leaving in S6 so she can learn to stand on her own
Xander - the hyena A/R
Faith took Buffy's body and had sex while in it.
Willow, Xander, Anya and Tara bringing her dead and in peace body back.

Perhaps Dawn was the only one who didn't do anything to Buffy's body.

But I do like Spike/Anya, they had a lot in common, the way they had bad pasts but were trying to move forward and be better people even when they were so often at odds with the reality they were living in.
I feel they work better as friends than lovers. Like Xander and Riley.

Spike/Joyce is interesting but more in a motherly way?
I'm actually really interested to see how it'll affect Buffy's dynamic with her mother, having her mother fall in love with a vampire just like her daughter. Spike being Angel's father-in-law :D I can see it work before Spike falls for Buffy. Maybe in S4.

GoSpuffy

Black Thorn
I don't see where Angel's departure is a violation or an inappropriate protection, btw.
That's okay, the beauty of BtVS is we all see it a bit differently therefore making for some pretty interesting conversations. I put that on the list because many fans felt Angel was taking the decision making about the relationship away from Buffy and controlling it himself when he broke up with her. I know that's the way I view him, an older more experienced man who started a relationship with someone younger and then didn't let her be an equal partner. Perhaps a better example would be that whole Twightlight arc.

Scooby Corps

I don't really like Spike/Faith either, but mainly because I know it would really bother Buffy.
Oh god, please no. Faith doesn't need to become Buffy 2.0. I'm fairly content with her not being wrapped up in vampire love drama.

Faith took Buffy's body and had sex while in it.
Willow, Xander, Anya and Tara bringing her dead and in peace body back.

Perhaps Dawn was the only one who didn't do anything to Buffy's body.
You're right. Sadly, that was not my point.

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
I put that on the list because many fans felt Angel was taking the decision making about the relationship away from Buffy and controlling it himself when he broke up with her. I know that's the way I view him, an older more experienced man who started a relationship with someone younger and then didn't let her be an equal partner.
You can look at it that way. But if he had stayed with her, he would have been doing something against his best judgment. He also has a say in the relationship. If he thinks it's best for them to break-up, she does have to respect his choice. I feel like the fandom thinks Angel didn't respect Buffy by taking away her choice but if he had conceded to her, than she would have taken away his choice too. When Buffy tried to break-up with Angel for her own good, even though he didn't want her too and although he needed her, no one thought she was in the wrong by not giving Angel a say in the matter. Everyone thought she was doing what was best for herself and cheered her on. When Angel does the same, he gets booed.

I'm actually really interested to see how it'll affect Buffy's dynamic with her mother, having her mother fall in love with a vampire just like her daughter. Spike being Angel's father-in-law :D I can see it work before Spike falls for Buffy. Maybe in S4.
That actually sounds interesting and scary and messed up :D

GoSpuffy

Black Thorn
You can look at it that way. But if he had stayed with her, he would have been doing something against his best judgment. He also has a say in the relationship. If he thinks it's best for them to break-up, she does have to respect his choice. I feel like the fandom thinks Angel didn't respect Buffy by taking away her choice but if he had conceded to her, than she would have taken away his choice too. When Buffy tried to break-up with Angel for her own good, even though he didn't want her too and although he needed her, no one thought she was in the wrong by not giving Angel a say in the matter. Everyone thought she was doing what was best for herself and cheered her on. When Angel does the same, he gets booed.
I see your point and it's valid. I guess it's in the semantics. Buffy broke up with Angel because it was what she wanted. Angel broke up with Buffy because he made a decison on what was best for her without discussing it first. If Angel had just said "it's not you, it's me" and left I would have had more respect for him.

Scooby Corps

Perhaps a better example would be that whole Twightlight arc.
That arc where Angel was suddenly and incomprehensibly the villain and he and Buffy almost destroyed the world and killed all their loved ones? The arc from which Buffy got whitewashed in S09 as opposed to Angel?

You're right with the different views. :)

On everyone else, it would be just a big, ugly hat. And look! The backpack... <3
Especially in the early seasons, I really had to concentrate sometimes not to miss the plot. It was so distracting.

Nick & Aly, also nice.

To go somewhat back to the thread subject:

Is it the same apartment which already got torn by D'Hoffryn in Issue #27?

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
I see your point and it's valid. I guess it's in the semantics. Buffy broke up with Angel because it was what she wanted. Angel broke up with Buffy because he made a decison on what was best for her without discussing it first. If Angel had just said "it's not you, it's me" and left I would have had more respect for him.
Yes, but it was also what Angel wanted. Buffy broke up with Angel, although she loved him and wanted to be with him, in order to prevent another disaster and to keep herself from getting even more hurt. Sure, Angel didn't break up with Buffy to guard himself against pain exactly but to guard Buffy against pain and himself against the guilt of ruining and hurting the person he loved. Angel knew he was holding back Buffy and he felt the weight of doing so. It doesn't matter if Buffy agreed with him or not because he was going to feel remorse, guilt and like he was being selfish regardless. Ending a relationship because it goes against your ideals and your judgment is a valid reason in my opinion. And he wasn't just being insecure, he had real reasons for breaking it off with her. Sometimes you have to do what you think is best even if the other person doesn't agree, as long as you're not undermining their freedom. Angel is guilty of making decisions for others a little too often, but with Buffy it was one of those times when he actually did the right thing. Just look at season 4 and at I Will Remember You... It's obvious she wanted and needed badly to have a normal boyfriend.

@DoktorRock

I didn't want David to be left out...

But him and Sarah were cuter:

The feels!!! <3 <3

That arc where Angel was suddenly and incomprehensibly the villain and he and Buffy almost destroyed the world and killed all their loved ones? The arc from which Buffy got whitewashed in S09 as opposed to Angel?
Gotta say, having sex through a galaxy or whatever and birthing an universe... Why is it that every time Angel as sex something catastrophic happens? Has sex with Buffy - loses soul, but then the writers must have thought "You know what, we can do better" and cue baby Connor. But yet again the writers must have wanted to one up Angel/Darla and you know what's even more impressive than a miracle child? A ****ing universe!

Scooby Corps

Why is it that every time Angel as sex something catastrophic happens?
The sex with Eve and Nina had no repercussions, though. :p

Poor Angel. I really feel for the guy. He needs to have sex and just once it causes something truly good. For his karma.

But him and Sarah were cuter:
Nah... :p

I guiltily ship Wangel (a little bit)...

S
sosa lola
I like Wangel, too.

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
@DoktorRock Shipping Wangel is like betraying Buffy!! Anyway, I'm not going to retaliate with (a lot of) Sarah/David pics because there are too many to choose from!

I'll leave it at that...

The sex with Eve and Nina had no repercussions, though. :p

Poor Angel. I really feel for the guy. He needs to have sex and just once it causes something truly good. For his karma.
Maybe because they didn't mean anything to him and because those characters were useless. And no, unless that person is Buffy, no sex for Angel!!!
You're killing me here! :( He had sex with Buffy which enabled something truly good to happen and then something truly bad... He can have casual sex though. I just don't believe he's very interested in that. Every time he attempts to romance someone it goes awry. I think he should focus more on his little family unit and on improving himself (getting rid of that guilt, etc). And romance in the comics seems pretty boring. There's an emotional element that makes a ship interesting that mostly doesn't seem to be there. But I haven't read all that much, maybe that's the problem. Friendships seem to work better, even on the show. Angel was more enjoyable with little romance. Bigger things to worry about.

Scooby Corps

Shipping Wangel is like betraying Buffy!! Anyway, I'm not going to retaliate with (a lot of) Sarah/David pics because there are too many to choose from!
Sorry.:(

But rest assured. It's just a little fun fantasy ship for me since well... Willow is gay. Fin.
I've read some nice fics and it's important for me that Buffy is treated fair in those and gets a happy ending (Not with Spike! .... !):D

Maybe because they didn't mean anything to him and because those characters were useless. And no, unless that person is Buffy, no sex for Angel!!!
Just teased you a bit. I wasn't aware that Bangel is the ship for you.:p

I'm a bit different. When I hear terms like "true love" or "soulmate" and such nonsense (concerning all characters) I get usually like this:

He can have casual sex though.
Maybe he needs once casual sex which accidently enables something truly good to happen (without negative repercussions). I imagine he must be really afraid of sex by now.

And romance in the comics seems pretty boring.
This!

I think he should focus more on his little family unit and on improving himself (getting rid of that guilt, etc). And romance in the comics seems pretty boring. There's an emotional element that makes a ship interesting that mostly doesn't seem to be there. But I haven't read all that much, maybe that's the problem. Friendships seem to work better, even on the show. Angel was more enjoyable with little romance. Bigger things to worry about.
So true. My wish for Willow going over to A&F isn't because of Wangel (Fillow>>>>Wangel anyway) but

1. my three favorite characters in one place.

2. Buffy/Willow isn't giving me anything by now. To be honest, since S07 it's either ignored or they are made into conflict with each other with Buffy usually being in the wrong but writers twisting it around and Willow is the one who humbly apologized or getting squashed which in return makes me dislike Buffy and I don't like that! I don't want to dislike Buffy! The Buffy killing future Dark Willow arc in S08 is not really helpful in that matter either.

3. The same goes for Xander/Willow. They seem like pleasant acquaintances at best and not like childhood friends.

4. The tentative Willow/Angel friendship and the nice Willow/Faith exchanges in A&F S09 are intriguing and worthy to explore however. The chemistry with Fred was always good.

5. Willow in Magic Town might kick-off interesting plot for her. Her story from S09 and Wonderland isn't an issue at all in S10. Any profound Willow story is ignored in S10. Willow as simple sidekick and support character just doesn't work anymore. I hope the writers realize that for the next season.

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
When you said Wangel I was sure you meant Wesley/Angel. I get it now. *light bulb turns on over head*
Top Bottom