• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen # 32

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
The Founder - 7/10
This is the story of Ray Kroc who franchised McDonalds and stole the business from the McDonald brothers. Great cast in the movie, Michael Keaton, Laura Dern, Linda Cardellini, Nick Offerman, John Carol Lynch and Patrick Wilson. It's a crazy story about how the company started and how it expanded. At one point McDonalds served powered milkshakes instead of real ice cream. It's a story about how the creative and financial side of business can clash. I even ate McDonalds while watching this (cause I was also watching McMillions so I had McDonalds on the brain. lol).

Parasite (2019) 8/10
Finally got around to watching this movie. And wow, what did I watch? It starts off being an enjoyable sort of comedic movie about a poor class family getting jobs working for a rich family. But then half way through it switched to a freaky thriller, that makes you go "Wtf is going on?" Crazy ending! It's a really good movie, I'm very impressed by the few Korean films I've seen, I did see Snowpiercer also directed by Bong Joon Ho, and that was good (minus the ending) also about class struggles.

TriBel
TriBel
Memories of Murder is also very good.
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
the founder was interesting. McMillions was an odd documentary

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
You might want to check out this documentary...

If you like it, the History Channel has some more in the series...

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I haven't seen The Food that Built the World, but I love The Men and the Cars that Built America

Kratos

Scooby
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) 9/10
Still very good and the best TMNT movie. A bit dark and violent but that’s what makes it stand out. It was ahead of its time in a lot of aspects. Great writing and acting. Elias Koteas steals every scene he’s in.

Last edited:
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
A favourite from my youth. Need to re-watch it. Been years.
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I loved the turtles and a kid

Mr Trick

Scooby
Empire Records (1995) 4/10

A 90's film which really hasn't aged very well.

Priceless
Priceless
I saw it back in the 90's and wasn't that impressed
Taake
Taake
Liv Tylers outfit on the cover is still everything though, it gets 10/10 from me just for that :p
RachM
RachM
What? Nooooo, I *love* this film, even now! So much nostalgia! Plus the soundtrack *chefs kiss*
Out for a walk
Out for a walk
The fat man walks alone.

white avenger

white avenger
Justice League Dark: Apocalypse War 9/10

I never paid much attention to the assorted animated superhero movies, but I watched this one just out of curiosity, and I thought that it was really good, so good that I will be looking up the previous titles in the series. Apocalypse War is DCEU's equivalent of Avengers Endgame, the culmination of a series that began with Justice League War, which is, apparently, similar to the live action Justice League, which I, despite the many critics, enjoyed. Since we will never get to see Snyder's vision of the Justice League's ongoing war with Darkseid, this might be something similar.

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Taake That is a good outfit I'll give you that. You know I really lost it last night watching it with the storyline where the Zellweger character is the sexual confident one and Tyler's character is meant to be plain less confident one. Its Liv Tyler! :rolleyes:

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
I like Empire Records. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, but it has it's moments.
Besides looks like it would be a pretty kool place to work. Unlike every job I've had. 😩
Zellweger can't be sexually confident? Apparently Netflix never got that memo. ;)

Mr Trick

Scooby
I like Empire Records. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, but it has it's moments.
Besides looks like it would be a pretty kool place to work. Unlike every job I've had. 😩
Zellweger can't be sexually confident? Apparently Netflix never got that memo. ;)
I wasn't saying it was silly that Zellweger was sexually confident more than Liv Tyler was meant to be the plain less confident one :D

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
(Re-Watch) Inside Out - 10/10
Let me just wipe away the waterfall on my face...

I love this film so much, it just has this unique charm that you can only get from a true Pixar film, and it should be a must-see for any kid around Riley's age. Of course, it's also hilarious, a real tearjerker, and very, very inventive. Along with Up, it's some of the best animation in the past twenty years, for sure.

Out for a walk
Out for a walk
IMO, one of the best Pixar films.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
(Re-Watch) Inside Out - 10/10
Let me just wipe away the waterfall on my face...

I love this film so much, it just has this unique charm that you can only get from a true Pixar film, and it should be a must-see for any kid around Riley's age. Of course, it's also hilarious, a real tearjerker, and very, very inventive. Along with Up, it's some of the best animation in the past twenty years, for sure.
The part where Riley breaks down crying is always the bit that gets me. It's true though that crying is the mind's way of asking for help from others.

Up isn't my favourite Pixar movie (Brave is one of my least favourite) but the opening montage showcasing Ellie and Carl's life before her death is powerful stuff.

Last edited:

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Captain Phillips - 7/10

Very intense and entertaining film, it blows my mind that the majority of the events in the film happened. It would have been such a harrowing experience. The film lagged a bit at the beginning, but for the most part was pretty solid.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Last Thing He Wanted (2020) 6/10

Hit and miss political thriller from the director of Mudbound which was much better.

Last edited:

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
The Lodge (2019) 8/10
This ended up being a really disturbing movie with really impressive child actors the little girl in particular gave a really phenomenal performance and it's worth watching just for that.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Only Yesterday (1991) 9/10

Poetic coming of age animation from the director of Grave of the Fireflies. Great characters, wonderful use of music and some powerful themes.

Top Bottom