• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

The Dark Age: OOC Thread 1

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
I've been gone. I'm sorry. But I'm back now. I know I missed a lot of moments where Cordelia was supposed to speak but I was thinking of doing it so that she wanted to keep things to herself about the vision because I don't wanna have to recap every question another character asked her because that would be confusing jumping from what's going on now to what happened at the graveyard.

bufsum

Keeper of the Books
The rest of Five by Five's karma: will be great to see her personality in the mix. (I pressed enter on accident, there).

Anyhoo... happy as a clam to have more players on stage.

L
Lindsey McDonald
Clams are...happy?

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
I'm confused. When exactly does this take place? Because I was under the impression it was after they graduated from Sunnydale High. That's why I incorperated Cordelia being broke, getting the visions, and still working at April Fool's isntead of persuing a college education.

L
Lindsey McDonald
That confused me too. I'm not so affected, but the school setting seems a little restrictive to me. Actually, Glory shouldn't even be here, so I am affected!

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
I've been thinking about Glory's character as a good guy, and I was wondering what people thought about an idea I had. What if, since this is Bizzarro world, instead of coming from a Hell dimension she was from a Heavenly one instead. It would certainly give her motive to make the world a better place (but not in a Jasminey way!). Just a thought.

B
Blondie Bear
I think that makes sense.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Yeah, it looks like we have diverted from that path. That happened when I was on vacation, I came back to a high school scene that wasn't supposed to be there!

Short of modifying everyone's posts to remove the high school and replace it with college, there really isn't much we can do.

I can change the setting to college, Xander might have just done better, or used magic to get into college, and Giles could have bullied his way into the job at the library.

Comments?

B
bufsum
Sounds good to me! Ripper is powerful, he could have pulled out the good stuff.

Crazy Flakes

Velma
Yeah, it looks like we have diverted from that path. That happened when I was on vacation, I came back to a high school scene that wasn't supposed to be there!

Short of modifying everyone's posts to remove the high school and replace it with college, there really isn't much we can do.

I can change the setting to college, Xander might have just done better, or used magic to get into college, and Giles could have bullied his way into the job at the library.

Comments?

Alright, college sounds good! I didn't think high school would make much sense in the darker setting anyway. I'll post as soon as I figure out something for Willow to do.

Also, for some reason, the phrasing of "Giles could have bullied his way into a job at the library" made me laugh.

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
Does it matter? If Cordy had stayed in Sunnydale, she wouldn't have had visions, anyway, so none of this is following the original plotline anyway.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
It was more to do with the fact that Tara, Darla, Dawn and now Glory wouldn't have existed pre-season 4 or 5. Yes, this is an AU piece, but when we came up with this idea, we were basing this on an actual point in the show which would give us the maximum amount of characters to use.

All those in favor of edit, raise your hands...or post a message, lol, I'll stick with the majority.

C
Crazy Flakes
*raises hand*
L
Lindsey McDonald
*also raises hand, cause otherwise I don't exist!*
Jenny
Jenny
*wants to exist!!!* :)

bufsum

Keeper of the Books
I am cool with the changes... I was unsure of the HS setting, but ran with it. I will gladly run with college. My boy's got skills... or he's just a lucky fool. Whatever.

I like Giles being in the Sunnydale U library, anyway. I think we should hold some rallies there, or something. ;)

Joyce Summers

Mom of a Chocoholic
I'm easy. Wait that came out wrong.

Anyhoo, I should be posting again soon, but my laptop is a little bit on the fritz so I've not been able to do much on it. Should be completely fixed by tomorrow, Wednesday at the lastest. And then posty galore...y.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Ok, I think the majority has spoken. We are now in college people. Or, at least, the people of college age are in college. Dawn is obviously still in middle/high school, Cordelia didn't go to college, and everyone else is either working at the college, dead, or a Goddess, so...

;)

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
This has actually raised a character difficulty. I'd said that Oz hadn't left because of parents and truancy and crap . . . now there's nothing keeping him in Sunnydale.

Hm. 'Tis a quandry. I'll try to figure something out.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
From my own experience, most parents want their kids to go on to bigger and brighter things, and a college education would be part of that.

You could use something like he has a trust fund from his parents, but he can't access it until he has a college degree.

B
Blondie Bear
Not a bad idea.

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
I changed "Walking down the halls of Sunnydale High" to UC Sunnydale in my last post. I guess I can have Cordelia be a non student who just visits or I can have her be a student. I'll think about it.

Jenny

Scooby
I just made a generic library reference in my post so it should be ok! Edit it though if necessary! :)

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
Hey guys! I'm back from Oz and finally getting back on Irish time. I know I owe ye a post sooooooooo bad! So give me a chance to read through what's happened since I left and I'll post within the next few days...sorry bout the delay but I have to get up to speed with New Horizons too!

Top Bottom