• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

The Dark Age: OOC Thread 1

bufsum

Keeper of the Books
I have also been busy the last couple of days (summer has a tendency to do that), and I plan on posting sometime this week!

Yay to bieng in colege ;) We are smart, now!

bufsum

Keeper of the Books
I am playing with both Giles and Xander... at least in the library. I think the Xander/Giles/Angel dictomy is interesting.

B
Blondie Bear
Dichotomy . . . SORRY! My English teacherness is showing.

bufsum

Keeper of the Books
Hehe, thanks Blondie Bear, my English degree is not showing! Eh!

Alright... I've posted, and have pissed off Angel. How fun. It will be great when JoyceSummers has time, so that we can get some sort of demonstration (which I am still deciding if it they should be watching the demonstration, or be in it).

I like that Xander is constantly spit on, and I've borrowed Giles a bit, with the crazy because of Jenny... love you, Kean!

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
Question for The Heartist: Is the thing (tattoos?) that Spike has rendering him completely invisible to all senses, mystical and regular, or just to the vampire sensing-each-other thing? More specifically, would Oz be able to smell him?

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
Ok, I've just thought of something. I'm a good version of Glory, right. So, in this reality, am I Ben too? And, if so, is he evil? (I know, I know, should have been the first thing I thought of...). So, would it be good for the RPG to have Ben emerging and helping the Scoobies every now and then? In the show, they didn't remember what each other did, so it could work. There's just the problem of no-one else remembering the transitions. (Except Spike, IIRC. Was that cause he was a vampire, or am I making things up again?)

So basically, Glory and Ben, or just Glory?

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
^ It was cause he was a vampire--not human. Humans couldn't remember. And, ye gods, that could get confusing! But interesting.

Joyce Summers

Mom of a Chocoholic
Ooh I like that concept of Ben turning up and helping the Scoobies. Especially if both sides remain clueless. But with Glory being a good guy and all and presumably wanting to consider her little group would she confess to them her Ben weakness? So they know there's always that risk? Or would she be too ashamed and worried about what they'd say that she'd keep it secret?

And as for Spike knowing about the transition I always presumed it was because at that point Glory's spell was starting to weaken and people were beginning to remember. Like at first NO ONE remembered, and then just non-humans such as vampires until eventually the rest of the gang remembered too. I may have interpreted that wrong though....but if we did consider it that way then that would mean we could keep Spike as clueless as everyone else.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
I think a Ben change would be best kept for a special occasion. I think he would have more of an impact that way. Developing our characters now and then flipping the script would work for the best.

L
Lindsey McDonald
I agree. It couldn't happen as often as on the show, but at a crucial moment.

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
Ooh I like that concept of Ben turning up and helping the Scoobies. Especially if both sides remain clueless. But with Glory being a good guy and all and presumably wanting to consider her little group would she confess to them her Ben weakness? So they know there's always that risk? Or would she be too ashamed and worried about what they'd say that she'd keep it secret?

And as for Spike knowing about the transition I always presumed it was because at that point Glory's spell was starting to weaken and people were beginning to remember. Like at first NO ONE remembered, and then just non-humans such as vampires until eventually the rest of the gang remembered too. I may have interpreted that wrong though....but if we did consider it that way then that would mean we could keep Spike as clueless as everyone else.

Did Spike see a transition before the spell wore off? I don't think he did. That would have made it clear cut. He didn't seem to have any trouble realising and remembering it though. Moreover, her little minions are non-human, and they don't seem affected. It's a bit of a problem, since Darla, Dru and Spike are all Vamps. We could just choose to interpret it the other way though. Artistic liscence and all that.

If we were to choose to take it in that direction, I think it could work quite well. That way, Glory could tell Darla and Dru about Ben all she likes, but they just wouldn't remember. Glory wouldn't know what she was doing, since she doesn't have her little minions to report back. Would she even know what was happening? She and Ben would just have blackouts. It's something to think about.

TheHeartist

The BB poster with a soul
To reply to people's questions and general wanderings:

The Spike remembering who Ben really is debate: It definately is because Spike is a vampire. I just watched Weight Of The World and The Gift, and he mentions in both that it is his vampiric nature that makes him immune to the spell, as it can only effect the living. It is because he points out the truth to the Scoobies that it begins to fade.

Blondie Bear's question: Yes, the tatoos are the same ones Lindsey went and got himself in season five of Angel (You're Welcome) and would keep him undetectable by all supernatural means, like scrying spells, e.t.c. as well as enhanced senses. If you remember rightly, when Lindsey had them, Angel found himself an even match in battle. I would chalk this up to his supernatural sense being unable to read Lindsey's movements the same as he would a regular opponent. Angel was only bale to win through superior fighting techniques (and a little help from Cordy.) So yeah, no smells, nothin' And by now, I'm sure you've all guessed what the ring is that Spike is carrying...

bufsum

Keeper of the Books
Hello all... sorry I've been delayed on my posting... I've been consumed by compiling my career portfolio. As you can imagine, it was no small task. I am now back, and ready for action! :)

ETA: Spike's ability to tell the difference between Glory/Ben didn't come into play until it was integrated into the plot (as we've established already) even though he had the potential to know the difference the writers kept that waylaid for the audience.

GATEGOD

Anyanka
*Pops head in and wonders if any position at all is available. "Any" Then quickly pops back out.*

Lyri
Lyri
PM me with an audition as the character you wish to play, plus two other characters you think would fit into this verse.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
palabravampiress has taken to role of Giles, so he is no longer a free character. Please try to refrain from posting for him.

B
bufsum
Will do, and very exciting!

GATEGOD

Anyanka
Aww shucks Doyle and Lindsey aren't playable, and I don't love Jonathon, Harmony, Amy, or Dawn.

What is a boy to do guys, which one of those is the lesser evil hehe! ?

palabravampiress

Bidet of Evil
Black Thorn
Gilesy goodness

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. As Lyri announced a couple of posts ago, I finally got my hands on Giles... at least in an RPing kinda way.

Since we were all playing the character makeover game the other day, I figured I'd offer up my opinion on what evil Giles looks like. Mmm. Giles. Mmm. Ripper. Me imagining Giles' appearance is a dangerous activity! Anywho, I'm guessing he'd look like season 4 Giles, only with a bit more of a Ripperish edge to his attire (meaning, I guess, that he wears the earring that he wore at the Espresso Pump).

I'm going to go study the Ripper side of Giles' character now. I'm thinking I'll rewatch a few Gilesey episodes like Band Candy. *Rolls eyes.* That is such a chore. Honestly. The things I do for you BBers. Hehe.

Kean
Kean
LMAO. You're such a trooper!
T
TheHeartist
I feel like I have such an easy job, Spike's actually been on both sides of the fight, lol. Oh well, guess I'll have to get creative :)
B
bufsum
Yay, Giles! And a much bigger yay to Ripper... super, sexy fun.
Top Bottom