• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The joy of the Season One scooby dynamics

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
My theory is that a good portion of the audience still watching in 2020 is doing so for critical, not entertainment purposes. Xander doesn't really fit.

My only real problem with Season 1 is this; why is Cordie a main character? She rarely has anything to do, one episode she shows up just to critique a dress.

Priceless

Scooby
My only real problem with Season 1 is this; why is Cordie a main character? She rarely has anything to do, one episode she shows up just to critique a dress.
I'd say it's because even when we don't see her, she is a force that directs the others. She is partly the reason the scoobies are together and she's helped forge who Willow and Xander are as people. She does have a part-Cordy-centric ep and is prominent in other episodes.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I believe Cordelia is supposed to contrast who Buffy used to be, and what she lost becoming a Slayer, something that bothers her in even season 1 (and comes to a head in season 3)

And I think it's a rule that all soap operas have at least one constantly conniving, narcissist female...though Cordelia got subverted from that in time. Perhaps ironically to be replaced by Willow from late s5 through season 6 (hmm, I'd be curious what Cordelia would see of Willow trying to destroy the world, either as Vision Girl, or a Higher Being...)

Top Bottom