• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who do you prefer Giles with?

Giles and who?

• Jenny

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Olivia

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Ethan

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Buffy

• Anya

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Other

• Joyce

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
I chose Jenny because we know they loved one another and their relationship worked well while it lasted. I think Joyce and him had potential. Joyce in the later seasons accepted a slayer's reality and understood it better than Jenny ever had the chance to. I also didn't mind Giles with Olivia though mostly we never saw them have an actual conversation or anything else other than sex. Giles and Anya are a weird paring that could have actually worked, especially judging by that awesome kiss they shared.

Priceless

Scooby
Anya. I think they'd be so good for each other. They have a lot in common, a shared love for The Magic Box and the supernatural in general. I think Giles would be kinder to her than Xander, and I think Anya would keep Giles young and bring some fun into his life

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
I rather like the idea of Giles and Anya, in a way she reminds me of Jenny, they're both pretty blunt compared to him. Not to mention young and "hip" :p

While I thought Giles and Jenny were cute I can't say I prefer her to anyone else on this list. Giles has great chemistry with all of them!

peaceofmind18

Potential
Jenny - first and foremost - really like her :(

Then Ayna - good chemistry, funny together and just imagine the possibilites for Xander to enter into the equation -
Everything has to come back to Xander for me :p - I JOKE but it would have made for some interesting conflict - Not just with Xander but all the Scoobies....

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I would've like to see Giles and Joyce at least try and have a relationship, even if it didn't work out. Not only would this involve Joyce with the scoobies more, but it also shows a more positive outlook on families with divorced parents. I know Joyce and Giles wouldn't be married and that Giles isn't Buffy's dad, but he is a father figure to her and they have a close relationship. When Joyce and Giles are together Buffy gets to see Giles all the time, then they split up but Buffy still gets to see and spend time with Giles.

It shows a more positive side to divorce than Hank and Joyce where they divorce then Hank stops spending any time with Buffy.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Gods, I'm tempted to put a gif of Giles and Buffy on the balcony and insert the dialog between Buffy and Spike on the balcony. That would probably traumatize too many eyes here, though. :p

In actuality, I voted Jenny. There were only 2 possible OTP on Buffy as far as I'm concerned (not that I obsess over them or devour the fanfics): Giles/Janny and Anya/Spike. (Don't worry all of you who want to rain flames down on me for saying that, I can already hear the stadium erupting into boos. ;) )

I voted for Jenny, but Joyce would've worked. Giles was something of a father figure for Buffy anyway, though where I first contemplated it was how it shows Giles looking wrecked as he listens to the record after Joyce's funeral that he played for Joyce in Band Candy. Giles is one of those people that many mistake as not having much in the way of emotion, but he just keeps them far under wraps, under control (as much as he can), and still waters run deep, including in passions.

Top Bottom