• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who do you prefer Giles with?

Giles and who?

• Jenny

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Olivia

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Ethan

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Buffy

• Anya

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Other

• Joyce

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Gods, I'm tempted to put a gif of Giles and Buffy on the balcony and insert the dialog between Buffy and Spike on the balcony. That would probably traumatize too many eyes here, though. :p
What balcony scene with Giles and Buffy?

Anya/Spike.
I would ship Anya/Spike alongside Harmony/Spike right after Dru/Spike. Dru/Spike should've stayed together, at least then we could've got to see the entirety of the Whirlwind together in modern day in Angel Season 2, perhaps doing a similar walk of power that they did during the boxer rebellion.

Do it. Do it. Do it.
Out of curiosity I agree.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Do it. Do it. Do it.
What balcony scene with Giles and Buffy?

Out of curiosity I agree.
As you wish...the board is still buggy enough that I can't do much on this. The picture I'm sharing comes from the first ep and is just before Willow "seizes the moment" and leaves with a vampire (Giles is telling her to reach out with her Slayer senses to detect vampires, Buffy instead uses her "fashion sense").

NOTE: I wouldn't place this in season 1 save as a Family Guy-style trollish comedy (which can work if it's understood as such), and would instead doctor the raw script with Giles coming back saying that he has "returned to his roots" and demands Buffy calls him by his "true name" of "Ripper," and that he has come back for her...but hey, whatever floats your boat. In any case I'm just putting the dialog down, only replacing "Spike" with "Giles" (or should that be "Ripper"?).

Come to think of it...Giles returning as a vampire and having a demonic desire to continue with Buffy! That is not only so season 6, but is actually an interesting Big Bad to me!

It's also worth noting that I consider season 6 effed up and Giles out of character anyway, just another reason for me to want to place it in season 6. I also found this uncomfortable enough that I'm replacing the name of Giles with Ripper (though it technically shouldn't matter since Giles and Ripper are the same person, or more accurately, aspects of the same person, as opposed to a Hyena spirit or a soulless version, unless you do as I'm doing now and imagining Giles returned as a vampire to seduce Buffy into becoming one of the undead)...

I also want to remind people that so many consider the balcony scene with Spike to be hot as hell.

Giles/Ripper (O.S.)
You see? You try to be with them.
But you always end up in the dark.
With me.

Giles appears

RIPPER
What would they think of you? If
they found out all the things you've
done.

His hand moves down her body.

If they knew who you really were...

BUFFY (a whisper)
Don't.

RIPPER
Stop me.

She doesn't. His overcoat swings in, obscuring the action as he gets her skirt up. Her breathing quickens. She gasps. Giles moans, his face consumed in the moment. Buffy grips he railing, her knuckles white.

She sees Xander, Anya, and Willow down on the main floor, dancing and laughing, totally oblivious. She closes her eyes, unable to look at them.

RIPPER (cont'd)
No. Don't close your eyes.

Buffy opens her eyes. Giles continues moving rhythmically behind her, his breath hot on her neck.

RIPPER (cont'd)
Look at them. That's not your world.
You belong in the shadows... with me.
Look at your friends... and tell me
you don't love getting away with this
right under their noses...

Buffy's face is wracked by guilt, but she doesn't move away -- or close her eyes.

thetopher
thetopher
Ick! Buckets of ick! But the reality we got is way worse.
spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
VCA
VCA
It's an interesting concept, but it's also super cringey.

NeonSlayer

Potential
Jenny was the only one we saw him in love with.

Buffy was who he had the strongest emotional connection s1-6.

But there's something so "Buffy with her married gay dads/uncles" that I got from A New Man that makes me want to pick Ethan. I like how she almost playfully knees him in the back. And he did technically give Buffy her first tattoo.
IMG_20181027_204540.jpgIMG_20181027_204625.jpg

NeddaSai
NeddaSai
Well, now I feel robbed!

Dora

Scooby
There's fan-fic available. Would you like a link?
No thanks....it seems there is fanfiction for Spike with every other character......I thought they deserved each other for what happened to Buffy S6

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
As an aside, is anyone aware of any slash fic between Giles and Ethan? The tension there between the two could work.

I'm utterly indifferent about shipping Giles personally though. In a way maybe it is because I see Giles as one of those guys who might be comfortable being a bachelor for life. I have a few friends like that, and they are fine with it. Giles seems cut out of the same cloth to me. The point seems to be placing a high value on one's freedom, generally speaking.

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
Always Jenny. Always. 💘

A close second is Joyce because of their gorgeous chemistry in Band Candy. 😘

Olivia, I just didn't connect to but it never really felt like TPTB were invested in doing much with that relationship on screen.

Anya. No.

Buffy. 🤢 He's a father figure to her for God sake!

Ethan.?! Well if Giles was gay 😉🤔

Top Bottom