• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

20th Anniversary of Angel: 31 Days of Angel

spikenbuffy

"Buffy's like nobody else in the world"
Day 13 : What was the most heartbreaking scene on Angel ?

Fred 's pain in AHITW or Wesley's scenes in Shells ("She's gone", "Now you know how I feel")....

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Day 13 : What was the most heartbreaking scene on Angel ?

#1 would be I Will Remember You because of Buffy&Angel. Angel looking out for his and Buffy's safety, and Buffy's heart. He sacrificed his own happiness for the world and Buffy. Sarah really didn't want her favorite ship for her character to break up again.

#2 would be Fred dying causing Fresley to die out shortly after their solid relationship.

#3 would be Home because of Angel doing another selfless act for his son. He was saving his son from suicide.

#4 would be in Sanctuary when Buffy&Angel clashed over what to do with Faith.

#5 would be also in Sanctuary when Faith gotten to Buffy with her own pain.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
Day 14: What was the funniest moment on Angel?

spikenbuffy

Day 14 : What was the funniest moment on Angel ?

"You' re a bloody puppet ?" by Spike in Smile Time or Wesley faking to be Angel in Guise Will Be Guise

Honorable mention to Liam's moments in Spin The Bottle

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Day 11: Best outfit?

I tend not to notice, but the one that stands out to me was Cordy's denim jumpsuit when she gets taken to Pylea. That really emphasised her assets. That lassie has some hip to waist ratio.

Day 12: Favourite relationship on the show?

Lilah and Wesley, but if not romantic then I'd choose Gunn and Wesley for their once close unlikely friendship.

Day 13 : What was the most heartbreaking scene on Angel?

Either the scene at the end of Home when Angel is trying to stop Connor, or the end of Shells. Angel was more melancholic than heartbreaking.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I love you so much I almost forgot to brood

Mr Trick

Scooby
Day 11: Best outfit?
Has to be Ilyria! One of the most distinct and creative looks in all of television.

Day 12: Favourite relationship on the show?
1. Darla-Angel 2. Wesley-Lilah (love it because its dark, and brutal, and yet there is somehow a human bond which comes out of it), 3. Gunn-Fred (very underrated IMO).

Day 13 : What was the most heartbreaking scene on Angel?
Has to be the moment when it dawns on Angel and Spike that there is nothing they can do to save Fred. That sense of hope being snatched away is so gutting.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Day 10: Favourite Flashback?
Pretty much all the stuff from HYNOHYEB. I'm not a big fan of flashbacks in general and I think they over do it at times in Angel. But in this episode its such a big part of the story and it works perfectly alongside the present story. Plus its a different period for a change and I love the noirish period detail.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Day 13: What was the most heartbreaking scene on Angel?
Since someone already said Darla's sacrifice, I will say the final scene in The Trial. From Angel offering to turn her, Darla turning him down, and then the slow-mo when Drusilla enters and takes all of Angel's hope away by turning her. Just totally heartbreaking...

Too many to count, but the first that came to mind was from, I don't remember the episode. But the line was; "I'm not cheap. I'm just old." Underrated comedy gold.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
Day 13: What was the most heartbreaking scene on Angel?
Holtz jumping into a portal with baby Connor... Excuse me while I go cry forever.

Spin the Bottle. Just all of it. Maybe Wesley's karate especially. Or Smile Time... puppet Angel is hilarious!

RachM
RachM
I'll cry forever with you

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya

There are many. I love it when Angel finds a storage room filled with goats, and he's like "So many goats. What's with all the goats?". I love almost every moment of Sense and Sensitivity, and of Guise Will Be Guise. Wesley pretending to be a vampire is a classic, and Cordelia's impression of Angel is hilarious.

Cordelia: "Right. Right. This is Angel. Oh, no. I can't do anything fun tonight. I have to count my past sins, then alphabetize them. Oh, by the way, I'm thinking of snapping on Friday."

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.

Oh man, there are so many, Angel is such a surprisingly funny series. The entirety of Spin The Bottle, obviously, in particular Wes' reactions to all his hidden weapons "Nobody move! Or touch my arms!" Smile Time is full of comedy gold "I do not have Puppet Cancer! Hey! It's Smile Time!" Wes and Cordelia imitating Buffy and Angel in Fredless will forever be hilarious "Oh, I love you so much I almost forget to brood!" Gunn has some stellar lines over the series which make me crack up every time "I don't need advice from some middle-class white dude who's dead!" There are just way too many moments to list, but the ones mentioned are among my faves.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Spin the Bottle is probably the best for comedy. Wesley doing karating is fantastic!:D I will fly a flag for Gunn playing with his SWORD from Awakening:p And I do enjoy the exchange between Angel and Connor in Habeas Corpses when Connor struggles to see the difference between Zombies and what Angel is?...:eek:

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."

Source: brookedovis

Source: sirjohnmysth

Source: mysilverlining

Source: deansscarlette

Source: sulietsexual

Source: buffonia

Source: lisathevampireslayer

Angel in a pink helmet. I couldn't find the gif, so I have to say that. I found that funny.

Source: the-gotham-hyperion

Source: camillesengelsons

And last but not least, Spike and Angel on the scooter in Italy. :lmao:

katmobile

Potential
Angel vamping out as a puppet in Smile Time
This from Carpe Noctum
Off Cordelia's comment about Angel always doing it with cheap blondes Fred says 'actually it was a cheap brunette' to which Cordy replies 'you're right that isn't like him'

Wes making Angel wear a pink helmet and telling him not to be a wanker

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn

Angel's dancing was quite funny, but generally it's a funny show even though it's high tragedy at times. Gunn has a good sense of humour that I appreciate.

Day 15: Favorite fight scene?

I liked season 4 for fight scenes. DeKnight likes his slo mo action! So either the face off with The Beast in Apocalypse Nowish or Angelus vs Faith in Release.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Day 15: Favorite fight scene?
When Connor first came thru the portal. The spike-shooting-gun was ace.

spikenbuffy

Day 15 : Favorite fight scene ?

Marcus vs Angel in Not Fade Away

HN : Illyria vs Spike, Angel and Wes in Shells or Angelus vs Angel in Orpheus.

Top Bottom