• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Comics...canon?!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Illyria pretended to be Fred & The First took the appearance of Warren because he died from Willow's dark magic. Both were dead, it's not the same. Illyria & The First just took their appearances , that's all.

Both were meant to stay dead before Whedon change the story & lie about it. Fred's soul was destroyed in ATS S5. It was tragic, moving & great as a story. And it was good like that. I don't like when characters get brought back to life after that it was clear that they won't come back.

I also LOVED that Willow flayed Warren :D in S6.
I dislike the fact that they brought people who either should have stayed dead or people who like Fred soul was destroyed .
And Joss had said he was thinking of bringing back Tara at the end of the series but couldn't yet didn't bring her back in the comics .

Priceless

Scooby
I loved the comics, but I agree bringing back people from the dead meant there was absolutely no jeopardy at all which removed much of the excitement of the comics as no one was at any real risk. They did leave Cordy, Tara and Wesley for dead, but I wish they'd also left Giles and didn't bring him back.

Btvs fan

Scooby
I loved the comics, but I agree bringing back people from the dead meant there was absolutely no jeopardy at all which removed much of the excitement of the comics as no one was at any real risk. They did leave Cordy, Tara and Wesley for dead, but I wish they'd also left Giles and didn't bring him back.
Tbh that was a problem on the show too not just the comics.

Priceless

Scooby
Tbh that was a problem on the show too not just the comics.
I don't think it was the same. I was happy to see Buffy come back from the dead. I didn't want the show to end with just another dead slayer, that to me would have been a waste of five seasons (plus season 6 & 7 are my favourites). I'm glad Joyce and Tara were left in peace. I didn't care about Jesse, so he was no loss to me. I was glad Angel returned so we could see him on his own show, and of course I was happy to see Spike again. None of those returns felt unearned to me, and they all added so much to the verse I'm glad they happened.

In the comics the only return that really paid off, I think, was Giles. But not because I wanted to see Giles again, but because of the journey Angel and Faith took in Season 9 to get him back. Wonderful comic season and I'm glad we got it. Pity Giles returned as a child.

Angel6
Angel6
Yeah that Angel and Faith Season 9 was the only one of the dark horse I quite enjoyed. Art still sucks though!
Top Bottom