• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Michelle Tractenberg: Did her beauty distract you sometimes?

Black Thorn
Now actresses that were distracting
Eliza, especially in s7!
SMG, she has her moments, and mostly I find her look in general distracting. Like, "what are you wearing Buffy?" or "SMG looks great in that outfit."
CC, when she's in those bathing suit outfits. It's hard not to notice her breasts. It's a bit distracting, like "Put on some clothes Cordy!"
Faith was amazing....that whole street urchin/gypsy vixen thing she had going on was a lot of fun. She just didn't give a crap mostly. Which I admired, because Buffy was kind of a goody two shoes.
Haha...Cordy's boobs definitely stood out in some scenes!

mackenzie99

Potential
I think Wesley has a strange face,which sort of distracted me in season 3. However I think dawn was more beautiful In season 5 than season seven because she was still a kid then who didn't dress up too much.

Riderofapocalypse

Potential
In short, All day everyday.

Her looks were the only reason why I never disliked or looked at the negative of the Dawn character. The dance she did with "RJ" at the bronze...let's just say Xander wasn't the only one who uttered "Daddy like"

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Not really. I guess I thought that Dawn was cute and peppy and kinda pretty, which balanced out the annoyingness sometimes.
I think she looks great in S7 with the blonde streaks and more grown up clothing but even then...I still remembered her as the little kid from a couple of seasons back.
There was really just that one scene in 'Him' (which I thought was more funny than anything) where Dawn was 'supposed' to look hot.

Faith on the other hand. She looks incredible in S7, in every single scene.
Willow too.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Not really. I guess I thought that Dawn was cute and peppy and kinda pretty, which balanced out the annoyingness sometimes.
One of the (many) reasons I love this forum is that no one hates Dawn (or at least it seems so). In contrast a lot of websites put Dawn at the list of top. xx on television.

And no one hates Xander on this board.:D

Is this one of the differences between hardcore fandom and casual viewers or something?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
One of the (many) reasons I love this forum is that no one hates Dawn (or at least it seems so). In contrast a lot of websites put Dawn at the list of top. xx on television.
And no one hates Xander on this board.
Oh, we've got a few Dawn-haters. People who think her mere presence went on to ruin the show, and some who simply think she's ungrateful/spoiled or whatever- especially in S6/7.
And we've had a couple of hard-core Xander haters, but they seem to have gone.

Basically there are plenty of characters who have hate thrown their way, we got all types here.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
Sometimes I wished that the hair people would have done something different with her hair. I wasn't crazy about her long stick straight hair.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
Yes, simply put it could be considered lecherous to be an adult male 'distracted' (from the show) by the appearance of an underage girl. I think I would have a problem with anyone that said they were, honestly.
I was talking about Buffy with some family members, and my BIL (who I really dislike) went off on this whole thing about how much he loved Buffy - because she's so flexible and he would have such a great time screwing her.
I was really kinda disgusted, and completely flummoxed.

And no one hates Xander on this board.:D

Is this one of the differences between hardcore fandom and casual viewers or something?
By and large most people seem to separate hating choices a character makes from hating the character. That probably is part of being hardcore - I know my views have matured a lot just talking with other fans!

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Don't blame you.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I was talking about Buffy with some family members, and my BIL (who I really dislike) went off on this whole thing about how much he loved Buffy - because she's so flexible and he would have such a great time screwing her.
That's why I was always envious of Paul McCartney....

Thank you.. I'm here all night. That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!

cryptwarmer

I'm in charge of morale!
Black Thorn
In short, All day everyday.

Her looks were the only reason why I never disliked or looked at the negative of the Dawn character. The dance she did with "RJ" at the bronze...let's just say Xander wasn't the only one who uttered "Daddy like"
I reattached Him the other day and wondered if they used a butt double for that shot. I didn't think MT had that much booty. She's very attractive but doesn't seem shapely to me at that age.

weaker slayer

Potential
Michelle was just so freaking pretty that I'd get distracted sometimes. She had the most AMAZING face and hair.

The character of Dawn annoyed the hell out of me (except when she found out Tara & Willow were back together...or her little dance dance with Anya). Yet despite my annoyance, I'd find myself thinking, "Wow, she is really pretty!"View attachment 6415
Dawn is an interesting charter. And you are right, I thought she can doll herself up just as good as Buffy. She is a little taller then Buffy at the end of the series. Most part, both women were for a long time the same height as each other. They both had good figures. In fact, they both have the same bra size. True, younger sisters call be taller then their older sister. And it is common to have the same bust size. Still, I did find that she was made to look much younger then Buffy when it was required to make Buffy look better looking and more in control.

But, really, all the characters were in their 20's during the series and it was strange to down play themselves as teenagers.

Luis Fernando

Townie
Thank you for your honesty. It's quite refreshing.
I'm one of those few rare people that can relate to you and vice versa.

In fact, I'll share my views on Michelle Trachtenberg here in detail:

As a male, Michelle Trachtenberg is one of the only few attractive female celebrities that I have unique / distinctive feelings for which I don't have for other attractive female celebrities. The others, I acknowledge they look attractive in a sexy, hot, beautiful or a cute way. The feeling is also usually just a form of lust or infatuation.

With Michelle Trachtenberg however, she is one of the only few attractive female celebrities that I actually fell in love with. The feeling isn't even lust or infatuation like it is with others. It's not entirely sexual either. It's mainly more of an emotional attraction that I feel towards Michelle Trachtenberg. Which is the feeling of satisfaction just to see her or be in the presence of her without needing any sexual activities. For example, I'd be satisfied just by hugging her, or just by being in her company. Whereas with other celebrities, it's almost always exclusively sexual attraction, which is satisfaction from only sex related activities.

I'll go as far as to state that I acknowledge there are other females out there that might even look hotter, sexier or more feminine looking than Michelle Trachtenberg. However, I still don't feel the same unique love and attractiveness towards them as I do towards Michelle Trachtenberg. I think it's because I find her subconsciously appealing which makes me love almost everything about her, such as her personality, characteristics, appearance and etc. It's also because she has unique combined physical features and characteristics such as skin tone, facial shape and etc. She looks like the most adorable and playful looking female celebrity I've ever seen. Every time I see her, I just want to hug her, squeeze her face, squeeze her cheeks or just eat her up. I don't get that feeling with any other female celebrity.

One of the main reasons why I even began started watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer in the first place was because of Michelle Trachtenberg, because I wanted to see her (in addition to other people saying it should be watched because of how great a TV show it was). This is also why I practically watch all the movies and TV shows Michelle Trachtenberg stars in, just so that I could see her.

I am truly addicted to Michelle Trachtenberg!

An excellent thread anyway! Top marks for creating this thread!

Mr Trick

Scooby
Tractenberg looks like a regular teenager in Buffy, just one who happens to be very pretty:) So no it never destracted me.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I am really attracted to people who wear their heart on their sleeve, sort of. I like people with strong emotions and I am much more forgiving than others of certain traits. Dawn was charming, cool, genuine and beautiful. I am not as a attracted to her as I used to be, because she is just a kid now, but when I watched it the first time, she would have been one or two or three years older than me.
Not in the least, because I never considered her to be more than a moderately attractive, spoiled, annoying, self centered little twit who quite often needed to have her a** kicked so hard that she could wear it for a head band.
No offence, but for my sake, I hope we never meet :p Though, I am sure you are really a lovely person.

Zenseem

Evil, skanky and kinda gay
Black Thorn
Not really. I mean, she is gourgeus but it's one of those kinds of regular beauty. Eliza and Alyson on the other hand were, let's say, pretty distracting for me.

sosa lola

Scooby
I thought she was really beautiful in S7 - and it did distract me, and I'm a straight woman. I'm probably the only person who doesn't find Faith attractive. hee

I was always into Buffy, Dawn, Willow and Cordelia.

Foxy
Foxy
I'm not into Faith either and I am a lesbian ;)

Zenseem

Evil, skanky and kinda gay
Black Thorn
I'm probably the only person who doesn't find Faith attractive. hee
Really? I think you're the only one I've seen so far who doesn't find her attractive. Don't get me wrong though, taste is different for everyone, but I always thought she was an exception. She's the 'I'd let her punch me in the face all she wants' (don't ask) kind of beautiful. And those are rare.

Top Bottom