• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Minor characters you wish stayed

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I would have liked to see more of Janice . Having someone who just Dawn friend would have been great .
Amy . They could have done so much more with her .
Sheila - She was sired by Dru which in sense makes her Spike " sister " .
Plus she one of the few vampires who fought Buffy & got away :D

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I would've liked Sunday to hang around a bit longer and for Clem to be introduced a bit earlier.

If Gnarl had suck around for an extra episode or two, Buffy could've had some truly scary episodes.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Sunday was a great minor Villain I agree :D

DagonSphere

Potential
On Buffy:

A three-episode-arc for Gwendolyn Post would have been fantastic, to give Giles a credible watcher nemesis (Wesley never was) as well as to flesh out her connection with Faith and make her betrayal hurt even more.

Olivia. She didn't make too much of an impression in her very few appearances, BUT Giles's love life kind of stagnated and I wish Giles would have had more of a romantic life after Jenny's death. Thus, would have been nice if Olivia had been around a bit longer.

Jesse and Kendra. I'm okay with the amount of screen time they got, but it would have been fun if they had turned up later as the First Evil.

Professor Walsh. For sure, if she had been around for Adam, it would have made the storyline far more interesting.

I thought Scott Hope was cute, he could have been in a few more episodes too.

I know, people will hate me for this, but sometimes I think it would have been fun to see a little bit more of Dawn and her own Scooby Gang, Kit and Carlos, in season 7. They didn't need to have a spotlight episode or anything, but just a cameo to fill out Dawn's world and acknowledge that she has a life on her own would have been nice.

On Angel:

I am always for more of Gwen and Kate, I thought they were fantastic female characters and it would have been fun to keep them around.

Anne also could have recurred more frequently, she kind of just disappeared after her appearances in season two.

As an one-off villain, I really liked the villain in Just Rewards and thought he would have made a great nemesis for a multi-episode arc.

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
I loved the necromancer in Just Rewards!!!
J

joseph

Hi all!

I was wondering if you had any minor characters (one we only see in one episode or a couple but never got an actual arc) that you would have love to see more. Is there anyone you would have love to explore more? What arc would they have?

I personnaly love Ford's character and would have love to see him more explored as a vampire and enemy to Buffy. She used to have crush on him and he was her last reminder of her life pre-slayer.

Seeing more Hank would have been useful to understand his relationship with Buffy and Dawn and how that affected them in their future relationship with men and their feelings of abandonment.

Cassie was great too but I am torn because I do love her end and think it was necessary.

Oh and Mr. Trick should have stayed longer, he was a amazing!!!

What are you guys?
okay going back to the first season kyle & the rest of the bullies from the episode the pack and the two girls who find the body in the first episode of buffy love those accents, and the head cheerleader in the witch episode.

Stanger406

Potential
On Buffy:
Jesse and Kendra. I'm okay with the amount of screen time they got, but it would have been fun if they had turned up later as the First Evil.

On Angel:
I am always for more of Gwen and Kate, I thought they were fantastic female characters and it would have been fun to keep them around.
So much wasted potential with the First!! I was banking on Kendra making an appearance at the very least.

Definitely wished we saw more Gwen and Kate!!

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Kendra- One more episode in S2 would've been great to flesh her out more. Maybe she didn't get on that plane right away and stuck around for a bit. I think then her death would've had more of an impact.

Lyle Gorch- Shows up in S6 with a sired posse to finally get revenge on the slayer who killed his lil' brother and his wife. Wouldn't usually be a threat but Buffy is not at her best.

Anne Steele- I really liked how she developed in Angel S2 and would've liked her fleshed out a bit more.

GraceK
GraceK
It would have been nice to at least hear Anne acknowledge Buffy once , even if not by name.

white avenger

white avenger
I don't know if this would actually qualify, since she was only introduced in Season 5 of "Angel," but I would like to have seen more of Nina, if there ever had been a Season 7. Whatever your feelings might be about Bangel, Cangle, or any other ship, I thought that it was high time for Angel to stop living like a monk. The idea of someone who just ALMOST made him completely happy made sense (after all, pretty much the same thing could have been said about Buffy's relationship with Riley) Maybe they could have even worked out some way that she could have been able to control her werewolf persona to the point of actually joining Angel's team.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
Whistler would have been cool to see more often. I thought the character had potential. There is an additional reason though: exploring Whistler would have possibly given us more insight into the Powers That Be, (since he was their agent,) which I always felt we weren't ever given enough about to appreciate their scope, design, influence, etc.

W

WillowFromBuffy

Whistler would have been cool to see more often. I thought the character had potential. There is an additional reason though: exploring Whistler would have possibly given us more insight into the Powers That Be, (since he was their agent,) which I always felt we weren't ever given enough about to appreciate their scope, design, influence, etc.
I think Whistler fits the urban-fantasy/magic realism aesthetic AtS would develop much better than the oracles. Also, I like how he comes across as a middle man between Buffy and an uncaring power. He seems more sympathetic than those he represents.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
Yeah I agree. There was wasted opportunity here

Stanger406

Potential
Whistler was originally supposed to have Doyle's role on Angel, but there were scheduling conflicts or something. They did bring him back in the comics, but it did feel like he had an important role and we should have seen him again at some point in the tv shows.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Sunday! She was just soooo cool.
I didn't have a strong opinion on Sunday but I did like her entourage. The stoner vamp always made me laugh. And the fat vamp chick still being hungry.

Dora

Scooby
I agree with Anne Steele and Mr. Platt!! Both were interesting and had lots of potential.

I'll add Kendra because I think she deserved a bit more screentime/backstory and I would have taken more of the Buffy/Kendra dynamic! I wouldn't say I wish she had stayed for good (because I love Faith) but I do wish she had stayed after What's My Line and until Becoming.
Yep for me Kendra liked her a lot , not many minority race people are good guy's on Buffy , Could have had much more impact , especially if she had started dating Xander before she was killed, as Mylie posted in becoming , more of a reason for Buffy to leave

Black Thorn
Kendra, definitely. I absolutely adored her character but she got nowhere near enough screen time.
Doyle, even though he was a main in angel season 1, he was my favourite character and I really wanted him to stay.
the others are:
Ethan Rayne
Gwen
Kate (can't remember her last name)

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
My top choice is definitely Chantarelle/Lily/Anne. She was such an interesting character, and I'd love to see what she's up to now.

Runner's up include:

Olivia.

Hank.

Sunday.

Graham.

HisMrs

The Walking BED
Sineya
I always wanted to see more of Ford. Especially since he was built up so much by Buffy... It would have been interesting.
I wish they wouldn't have killed off Mr. Platt. He seemed cool, and I think he could have been a nice addition as someone besides Giles Buffy could talk to and open up to.
I actually really wish we had seen Debbie from "Beauty and the Beasts" come back. It would have been interesting to see if she ever broke the cycle of being with a guy who was abusive, and how that whole incident shaped her.
Sunday was a villain they killed off way too soon, too, IMO.

vznspike

Townie
I would have loved to see The Judge around for a few extra episodes, he was a great Big Bad

Top Bottom