• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spuffy Fanfic Discussion

white avenger

white avenger
I'm envious of both of you. I have only one idea, Buffy and Spike meeting years later . . . and I keep wanting to write that over and over. I wish I had an actual imagination.
That's basically what I did for years after the two TV series ended. I always thought of it as my variation of what Spike told Buffy after she came back in Season 6. It was my "Every Night, I Reunite Them" series.

Priceless

Scooby
That's basically what I did for years after the two TV series ended. I always thought of it as my variation of what Spike told Buffy after she came back in Season 6. It was my "Every Night, I Reunite Them" series.
Did you publish them? Can we read them anywhere? I love the idea of an 'Every Night I Reunite Them' series :)

white avenger
white avenger
I published a few a long time ago at http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/index.php that are, I think, still there. Mostly, I have a large cardboard box full of notebooks hidden away in a closet where the light of day can never reach them.

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
I've started reading the Darkling by offyourbird and it's proven very enjoyable thus far (and I mean, how could it not be, with punk Spike in the picture ?).

Priceless

Scooby
I've started reading the Darkling by offyourbird and it's proven very enjoyable thus far (and I mean, how could it not be, with punk Spike in the picture ?).
Is this a WIP? Lots of people have recommended it to me but I don't read WIPs just incase they're never finished. Offyourbird is a great though, I'd read anything she wrote.

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
Is this a WIP? Lots of people have recommended it to me but I don't read WIPs just incase they're never finished. Offyourbird is a great though, I'd read anything she wrote.
It is but it was updated very recently, so at least there's hope it'll be finished eventually ;)

Priceless
Priceless
Still going to hold out. I've been let down too often in the past lol

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Started reading Hunger by Sunalso, am only 3 chapters in so far, but totally loving it. Have any of you guys read it, if so what did you think? Oh, and, here's a link, just in case you need it!

Priceless
Priceless
Really enjoyed it.

Priceless

Scooby
Have started Tales From A New Body by OffYourBird. It's really good. I'm sure everyone's read it already, but if you haven't I'd highly recommend it.

Priceless

Scooby
Sounds familiar, what's it about?
Buffy is reincarnated as a Potential and goes looking for Spike. There's a chance she'll just keep regenerating for the rest of time. I'm only chapter 10 so not sure if that's going to happen yet. It's really well written and has over 2000 likes, so it's pretty popular.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Buffy is reincarnated as a Potential and goes looking for Spike. There's a chance she'll just keep regenerating for the rest of time. I'm only chapter 10 so not sure if that's going to happen yet. It's really well written and has over 2000 likes, so it's pretty popular.
Ok, think I've read the summary, but definitely haven't read the actual story. Since you're reading it, I don't have to ask if it's complete, lol, so maybe I'll read that after I finish Hunger. Helps that I've adored everything OffYourBird has written (that I've read) so far :D

Priceless
Priceless
OffYourBird is one of my favourites too

TriBel

Scooby
I've read it. Yay me! 😄 I think I tried to persuade you to read it but it wasn't finished at the time so you wouldn't! Problem is, I can't remember how it ends! :rolleyes:

Puppet
Puppet
Time for a re-read ;)

TriBel

Scooby
@Puppet - Sigh...because it was WiP, I had to go back and start it again every time a new chapter was released. As a result, I've read the beginning about 15 times (and know it word for word) but the end only once (and I can't recall it). :rolleyes: Don't laugh...you'll get old one day. :D

Priceless
Priceless
You should definitely re-read it now it's finished!

Priceless

Scooby
I've read it. Yay me! 😄 I think I tried to persuade you to read it but it wasn't finished at the time so you wouldn't! Problem is, I can't remember how it ends! :rolleyes:
Yes I think everyone tried to get me to read it, but I won't read a WIP. I think I might have read some of it, as it's very familiar and the computer tells me I've already liked some chapters 😆 It was finished in Nov 2018 so I don't know why it's taken me so long to actually read properly

TriBel

Scooby
I've just followed the link above and read Astronomy by @white avenger

It's short but really good - I didn't see the twist coming! o_O Damn you White Avenger! :p

I'll read the others.

white avenger
white avenger
Thanks. Concerning that twist, it was never my intention to go that way, it just sort of developed itself spontaneously, and I liked it, so I left it like that.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Just read Eye of Eleos by pfeifferpack over on EF...one of these days I have to start checking if these stories are complete! 57 chapters and then...nothing! 😡

Anyway, if you don't mind WIPs (and it does update fairly often) you should totally check it out, it's really good. Very historic with an author who clearly did their homework, to a fine point. I won't give away what it's about, since I went into it pretty blind myself, but it's one of my favorite stories when it comes to exploring Vampire lore and how different they all are from one another. (Slight Angel bashing, but it can be ignored even if you love the character).

TriBel
TriBel
"57 chapters and then...nothing!" Sorry but that made me laugh aloud. :)) If it helps...I feel bad about laughing.

Priceless

Scooby
I've started Life Hard by Soulburnt. Lots of people recommended it to me. It's 123 chapters and these are not short chapters. Spike gets a soul earlier than in canon. I'm on chapt 12 and am enjoying it.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I've started Life Hard by Soulburnt. Lots of people recommended it to me. It's 123 chapters and these are not short chapters. Spike gets a soul earlier than in canon. I'm on chapt 12 and am enjoying it.
I'll check it out soon. Right now I'm reading other (COMPLETE) stories by pfeifferpack.

Priceless

Scooby
I'll not be reading Eye of Eleos until it's finished. I can't take the disappointment of a great story with no ending, especially after 57 chapters! That's he meanest joke ever 😭

Puppet
Puppet
Right???

white avenger

white avenger
.one of these days I have to start checking if these stories are complete
I'll not be reading Eye of Eleos until it's finished.
Yeah, you have to be careful about that, plus, you have to check when those "WIP" stories were started. You might have a long, LONG wait before completion, if it ever even does come. Many were started years ago and never finished for one reason or another. Too bad, too. Sometimes they can be quite good get you really hooked, then you never know how it would have ended.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Yeah, you have to be careful about that, plus, you have to check when those "WIP" stories were started. You might have a long, LONG wait before completion, if it ever even does come. Many were started years ago and never finished for one reason or another. Too bad, too. Sometimes they can be quite good get you really hooked, then you never know how it would have ended.
I find that I don't mind reading a story that hasn't been updated in years, at least then I go into it knowing I won't ever read the intended ending. I find it worse if it's a current story that just suddenly stops updating while I wait (and, yes, I see the hellish irony in having a ton of WIPs that I haven't updated in years :p).

Top Bottom