• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spuffy Fanfic Discussion

Priceless

Scooby
Currently in a writing sprint right now, hosted by an EF group over on Facebook. I've already written more than 1000 words on a new story :D
That's fantastic Puppet! Can't wait to read it. Can you tell us anything about it?

I'm sorta writing a multi chapter fic but I've taken a day on LJ Seasonal Spuffy, so I'll be posting one chapter on that. So I'm working to get that one chapter as polished as possible

Priceless

Scooby
ColeyDoesThings on yt, does a lot of vids about fandom/fans/fics etc. Very funny

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
That's fantastic Puppet! Can't wait to read it. Can you tell us anything about it?
I'm almost afraid to jinx it, lol, but I guess it can't do any harm :p

Writing the prologue/first chapter (don't know yet which it will be) and it has a 28-year-old Buffy at Dawn's wedding, being all miserable and lonely and accidentally making a wish to a vengeance demon that throws her into the past. But not in her own body. Thanks to how she phrased the wish, she has to watch herself make all the same mistakes she remembers making while trying to change things for the better.

Priceless
Priceless
I love time travel fics! I'd read the hell out of this.

Priceless

Scooby
Recently read When One Door Closes by married_n_mich on LJ. Short and sweet, set in LA between S2 & 3.

Priceless

Scooby
I'm reading Big Bad Boyfriends by bewildered on EF. It's a fun read and there's some lovely Cordy in it too (I'm hoping for some Cangel by the end). Angel has just left at the end of S3 and Buffy wants to make him jealous so she asks Spike to be her pretend boyfriend 😁 We also get some Harmony/Parker if that's anyone's jam 😧

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I got reminded of a fic recently but I don't know what it's called or anything, so I'm wondering if any of you know of it.

It's set around Harsh Light of Day, I think, Spike has the gem of Amara anyway, Buffy is a mother to Baby Dawn, I'm tempted to say it's Parker's child, but they're not together. I don't really remember much except Spike goes to the college and sees Buffy with the baby.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I got reminded of a fic recently but I don't know what it's called or anything, so I'm wondering if any of you know of it.

It's set around Harsh Light of Day, I think, Spike has the gem of Amara anyway, Buffy is a mother to Baby Dawn, I'm tempted to say it's Parker's child, but they're not together. I don't really remember much except Spike goes to the college and sees Buffy with the baby.
There are a few I can think of with this premise, maybe it's one of them?

Third Time's the Charm - Spike never came back in "The Harsh Light of Day," instead returning a year later to find that things aren't exactly how he left them.
Her Protectors - When Spike returns for the Gem of Amara he finds out some unsettling news.

white avenger

white avenger
I'm trying to find a story that I started reading over a year ago and never got to finish, and I was wondering if someone here might have heard of it.

It's alt reality post Season 5, rated, I think, R or higher, where Buffy actually fell into one of the hell dimensions that Dawn's blood opened. Spike goes in to find her with the help of a spell from Willow. It takes him something like 400 years to find her, and when he does, she's been living alone in a hell dimension for over 1000 years and has gone totally feral, to the point that she no longer even knows how to speak.

That's about as far as I got with it before never getting to finish it. I can't remember either the website or the author, but it was a fairly long story. If anyone has read a story like that, I would appreciate you letting me know where to find it.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I'm trying to find a story that I started reading over a year ago and never got to finish, and I was wondering if someone here might have heard of it.

It's alt reality post Season 5, rated, I think, R or higher, where Buffy actually fell into one of the hell dimensions that Dawn's blood opened. Spike goes in to find her with the help of a spell from Willow. It takes him something like 400 years to find her, and when he does, she's been living alone in a hell dimension for over 1000 years and has gone totally feral, to the point that she no longer even knows how to speak.

That's about as far as I got with it before never getting to finish it. I can't remember either the website or the author, but it was a fairly long story. If anyone has read a story like that, I would appreciate you letting me know where to find it.
If no one here knows, I would recommend asking on Elysian Fields after, they might have a better recollection :)

Priceless

Scooby
I've had a look on Spuffy Realm and these were the suggestions The Writing on the Wall by Holly or Longer than Forever by Demonica Mills

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I've had a look on Spuffy Realm and these were the suggestions The Writing on the Wall by Holly or Longer than Forever by Demonica Mills
My first instinct was also The Writing on the Wall but I don't remember a feral Buffy, so I didn't mention it.

Priceless
Priceless
I read it ages ago and can't remember much about it, so will probably check it out again

white avenger

white avenger
The Writing on the Wall by Holly
My first instinct was also The Writing on the Wall
THAT'S IT! Thank you. I had just started it , then lost it when the hard drive on my laptop self destructed back in January.

Now I have something to read tonight.

"The Writing On The Wall" That's it. This time, I'll download the dern thing and put it on an external drive. Thanks.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I was searching the Xander Harris tag on AO3 (in the mood) and obviously tons of different pairings and stories pop up that he's a part of, which got me reading this really nice Spuffy story. It's not, like, amazing, or anything, but they can't all be; it's well-written and a somewhat unique-ish idea. I think you'd like it, Pricey (if you haven't already read it, lol) :)

Promise Me by Lucky_19
Summary; Spike is incorporeal, unable to leave Los Angeles, and stuck with Angel at his demon law firm. Luckily for the not-ghost, he’s figured out how to interact with the world and can finally let Buffy know he’s alive.

Pissed at Angel and thrilled to hear from Spike, the Slayer takes a trip to the City of Angels intending to give her ex a piece of her mind and finds that getting Spike back to normal might not be as easy as she thought it would be. But that's okay. She can wait for them to figure it out.

After all, it’s not like Angel got himself into any trouble as the CEO of Wolfram and Hart, right?

Priceless
Priceless
I haven't read it! Thanks for the rec :)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
It's not, like, amazing, or anything, but they can't all be; it's well-written and a somewhat unique-ish idea.
I take it back. It slowly turned around in the second half and I'm currently loving the last handful of chapters until I reach the end. Definite rec from me :)

Priceless
Priceless
I'm only on chapter 2 but am really enjoying it.
Top Bottom