• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spuffy Fanfic Discussion

Priceless

Scooby
There should be a system where another writer can take over your story if you haven't updated it for, say 2 years. Or you could ask the author if they'd mind if you finished it for them. It'd be a compliment to their writing 😀

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
@Priceless

I'm currently reading Tales From a New Body myself. I figure you've finished it by now, so what did you think? Without spoilers, of course :p

Priceless

Scooby
@Priceless

I'm currently reading Tales From a New Body myself. I figure you've finished it by now, so what did you think? Without spoilers, of course :p
I really enjoyed it, OffYourBird is such a good writer, but . . . it felt like the set up for a series so didn't feel complete. Love to hear what you think when you've finished.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I really enjoyed it, OffYourBird is such a good writer, but . . . it felt like the set up for a series so didn't feel complete. Love to hear what you think when you've finished.
Meg Gallagher has just been Chosen...again. So, still got a bit to go before I'm done :p

white avenger

white avenger
you could ask the author if they'd mind if you finished it for them.
I've seen that happen, but only rarely, Generally two friends proof read each other's work regularly, and one will not be able to finish it for some reason (some of these things are almost as long as a full length novel) Sometimes they even co-write something, taking turns with each chapter. I read one a long time ago on, I think, Vampire's Kiss (sadly, long defunct) where two writers alternated chapters, each one writing first person, as either Buffy or Spike. Took a few chapters to get really into it, but in the end, it worked out really well.

It's one of the few that I really regret not downloading just to keep.

OffYourBird

Birdy
*waves awkwardly* Hi, everyone! I got sent a link to this thread since someone figured I'd like to know when people were saying nice things about my work. You're all such lovely humans, so thank you for that. I figured I'd drop in and let you know I was lurking and also clear up any questions you might have!

A) Darkling is definitely getting finished (like all of my works. I don't leave things undone. Ever. I'm physically incapable.) But more to the point, it's getting done this year! So yay! It's just been a long fic (by my standards) and since I almost always write 2+ fics at a time, new chapters don't always come out as quickly for a respective fic as some other writers manage :)

B) I'm glad the end of Tales felt like the set-up for a series, since that's exactly what it is! Right now, I have at least two more fics planned for the series (which is called "The Transmigrator Chronicles"). You can find it labelled on EF that way. (I can't recall if I have the series set-up on A03 or not yet.)

Anyway, cheers and much love to you all!
OYB

Puppet
Puppet
Yay! :D

Priceless

Scooby
B) I'm glad the end of Tales felt like the set-up for a series, since that's exactly what it is! Right now, I have at least two more fics planned for the series (which is called "The Transmigrator Chronicles"). You can find it labelled on EF that way. (I can't recall if I have the series set-up on A03 or not yet.)
Really great to see you on the board OffYourBird, and looking forward to reading more of the Transmigrator Chronicles. Can you tell us if Buffy will jump into a new body, or a couple of new bodies?

TriBel

Scooby
Really great to see you on the board OffYourBird, and looking forward to reading more of the Transmigrator Chronicles. Can you tell us if Buffy will jump into a new body, or a couple of new bodies?
Spoilers? You're asking for spoilers? o_O OMG! :D

@OffYourBird Having, as I said, read the beginning over and over, I should say a) it's one of the strongest beginnings I've ever read; b) it's an excellent conceit and c) it's my fault not yours that I can't remember the end! I seem to have a blind spot where plots concerned...*sad face*

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Have read a few fics since I last posted here - including finishing Tales - but the other two pissed me off so I'm not mentioning them :D

Currently doing the enjoyable but massive re-read that is Origins, anyone on these boards that know me, know it's my favorite Spuffy story of all time, and that has definitely not changed. Currently in the middle of story 2 :)

Priceless

Scooby
Just finishing up Holes by Twinkles. So well written, I'd definitely recommend.

OffYourBird

Birdy
(phew, okay, it took me a second but I figured out how to quote replies! Yippee!)

Great to be here, Priceless! The boards didn't seem very active, so I hadn't really looked around the site much. But here you all are! <3

For your question: there are a number of fic spoilers that I will never give, but since this one really doesn't give anything away that I'm not already sort of saying-without-saying in-text: yep! We will see Buffy in other bodies! The next installment will follow more of Meg and I'm planning to start it as soon as Darkling is done. After that, we switch it up. I have the 3rd installment pretty plotted out. I also have vague ideas of what I want to do for installments 4 and 5, but they're off in the ether still.

Spoilers? You're asking for spoilers? o_O OMG! :D

@OffYourBird Having, as I said, read the beginning over and over, I should say a) it's one of the strongest beginnings I've ever read; b) it's an excellent conceit and c) it's my fault not yours that I can't remember the end! I seem to have a blind spot where plots concerned...*sad face*
*blushes* oh goodness, TriBel, thank you. I was honestly expecting about five people to read Tales when I started writing it, because of its weirdness and the reincarnation genre. It has blown me away entirely that it's been so enjoyed, and it means the world to me that you feel the beginning was so strong! (And hah! No judgment from me on plot memory ever <3 )

Priceless

Scooby
Want to recommend Help Wanted by Baphrosia (PG-13) I really enjoyed it and it's totally canon compliant, beautifully written about a meeting between Spike and Buffy in LA between S2/3. They team up to fight a demon . . . fun read.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Want to recommend Help Wanted by Baphrosia (PG-13) I really enjoyed it and it's totally canon compliant, beautifully written about a meeting between Spike and Buffy in LA between S2/3. They team up to fight a demon . . . fun read.
I personally found it very out of character and it dragged on too long, I think I gave up after just two chapters. But I like the author so I might read other things from them in the future.

Priceless
Priceless
Yes I can see that. It was quite long, but I really enjoy Baphrosia's style, she's a good writer even if the story isn't the most exciting.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Hey friends! I think we all have a lot of free time on our hands these days so what better time to get back into reading fan fiction!

I can't remember my login for Elysian Fields...had to make a new one.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good Spuffy story for me to read?

Puppet
Puppet
What is your newest member name, then?

Priceless

Scooby
Hey friends! I think we all have a lot of free time on our hands these days so what better time to get back into reading fan fiction!

I can't remember my login for Elysian Fields...had to make a new one.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good Spuffy story for me to read?
Not sure what you've read already, but here's a few of my faves . . .

My Life Closed Twice by anaross,
Distance by Herself - in fact I'd recommend anything by Herself, she's a great writer
Ars Poetica by Lirazel
Being Somebody Else by Eowyn315
Chasing a Dream by The Enemy of Reality
Could Be You by Abby
Darkest Dawn by Sigyn, and Otherwise or Pet - pretty much anything by Sigyn is good
Memories by Autumn2005
Remember When by tempestt
Running from the Inevitable by The Enemy of Reality

white avenger

white avenger
During my currently enforced Cronovirus incarceration, I have been reading some of the very long stories (25 and more chapters) written by some of my old favorite writers, especially those that are post "Chosen" and "Not Fade Away." Frankly, I have found them much more enjoyable than anything that Dark Horse ever managed to come up with. The thing that I have been careful to avoid are those stories that were started several years ago, but left incomplete.Mostly, I've been visitin Elesian Fields, The Spuffy Realm, and The Blodshedverse. Any other recommendations of good sites that anyone knows would be greatly appreciated.

Priceless
Priceless
I've read a few things on Fanfiction.net and of course there's also AO3

Priceless

Scooby
@white avenger there is also LiveJournal but I think you have to know the fic your looking for or the writer.

I'd also ask if anyone has any Dactyl Girl fics saved would you send them to me? She removed all her fics before I got a chance to save them, and she was a great writer.

I'd also recommend a writer called Lizerrrbeathan. She doesn't write anymore but she wrote some of the most romantic fics I've ever read.

Top Bottom