• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Swedish 101?

Joamna

frak
Hm, yea that should be kakdeg, I'm bad with spelling and stuff.. I can give a little clue o that one and say it's a pretty famous Buffy quote..

Lera

vampire
Ok, this just came in to my head at the school, but.. You guys know à…land/Ahvenanmaa (their talking Swedish but it's in Finland..)? So, if your writing something in english, about à…land/Ahvenanmaa, should you write à…land OR Ahvenanmaa? o____O' I'm confused (and stupid but that's a secret.. untill now.). I would say that Ahvenanmaa, but I'm from Finland so of course I'm writing it like that. Pretty weird. XD

A

Allycat

Yippee! So, does this one good answer earn me hint on one of the others?

JollyApe

None for you!
Yeah me too about the à…land thing, but who knows perhaps the à…länningarna's got their own name for à…land. Perhaps their name is just way different from both the Finnish and Swedish names.

Allycat said:
Yippee! So, does this one good answer earn me hint on one of the others?
Sure, here are some hints:

Buffy: Will, låt oss vara realistiska nu. De flesta av dina trollformler är bara halvdana.
Willow: Jaså? Ja men - det är ditt ansikte också!
Trollformel = spell
Trollformler = spells

Det var som en köttfest i min mun. Okej, nu är jag bara ett barn, och till och med *jag* vet att det där lät fel
Dawn says this to Willow in season 6.
Kött = meat :D

Fördomsfull? Om jag var mer tolerant med de beslut ni två tar skulle hela min hjärna ramla ut.
Fördomsfull = prejudiced

Lera

vampire
JollyApe said:
Yeah me too about the à…land thing, but who knows perhaps the à…länningarna's got their own name for à…land. Perhaps their name is just way different from both the Finnish and Swedish names.
Yeah, can be.

And yes, I'm weird. Do you guys have own Fab 5 (The Queer Eye for The Straight Guy)? We have, that sucks. My questions are stupid but who cares.. ^^

truelegance

truelegance
hhhmmm i know a little swedsih... you know you could just use a translator on your pc to help you or get a program so you actually know how to pronounce the words cos it's kinda different reading a word and then being about to speak that word, if you get what i mean. anyways Natti Natti.

Yeah but the online translators are obviously horrible. It's probably good if there's a way to find out prnounciation online though, 'cause you're right, that stuff is really hard to explain... Anyways, if you want to learn more, just let us know ;)
(We could even do a small podcast Swedish course for you if you told us what you wanted to know, lmao :D )

Joamna

frak
Yeah, online translaters often very bad, plus it's more fun to learn it from a real person eh?
(We could totally do a "Learn Swedish" podcast, heh)

Lol okay we decided to teach you something smaller in the end of every Smarter Than Me podcast, heheh. But if you tell us more specificly what you'd like to learn, we'd definitely make a "learn Swedish" podcast, mhm :)

zombie.apparatus

everything we had...
hmmm what i would like to learn? well im coming to sweden like in 2 years.. i know thats ages as away.. but that day will come.. i need to know some swedish.. so how about some basic swedish? if you know what i mean :)

truelegance

truelegance
hannah whats the point in being able to read and write swedish if you don't know how to pronounce it.. thats what i'm trying to say. if you pay good money then the translations are pretty spot on i have found. and i have a freind who i talk to who teaches me some words..

zombie.apparatus

everything we had...
well ive always wanted to go i guess.. and your accents are adorable.. you guys are irresistable :silly: also cos its a choice on my list i can choose from.. why not go to sweden.. i didnt want to go to japan for my course

Joamna

frak
Heh cool that you are planning on coming to Sweden CS, and yeah, like epo said let us know what you'd like to learn and we bring it up in our podcast :)

Top Bottom