• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Swedish 101?

zombie.apparatus

everything we had...
well woot ^ :) oh and "she'll be right mate" but these slang are like never used by me... i dont know.. Ashlee do I use slang?

Skytteflickan88

Proud Spikette
I thought about making youtube-videos for a while, teaching the world about Swedish cussing.

But I don't have a camera. It does sound fun tough.

And about "dork". I think we only have one word for dork, geek & nerd, and that's "tönt".

T*burp-sound*NT

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I really need to learn Swedish but I'm terrible at languages. I can barely speak English. ;)

Mes and fjant doesn´t suit as good does it?
Well, those are negative words aren't they? (And also quite lame ones.) Nerd and geek are very positive words to me! "Mes", "fjant" and "tönt" also don't really have anything to do with being nerdy about something, like shows, movies, comics etc., they pretty much just mean being lame...

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Well, those are negative words aren't they? (And also quite lame ones.) Nerd and geek are very positive words to me!
Negative? Sure. And I can agree that nerd and geek are beginning to be seen as more positive words. But that hasn´t always been the case. Maybe in your case but I meant in general.

"Mes", "fjant" and "tönt" also don't really have anything to do with being nerdy about something, like shows, movies, comics etc
True.

they pretty much just mean being lame...
And I guess mes would be more like wimp. *runs to tell mes about the happy news* ;)

Top Bottom