• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Tips & Techniques for Photoshop/Paintshop Pro

Jman82188

I'm five by five B.
just the same way as photoshop brushes. they are used to create patterns of images on your graphics.

Willow03

Hell hath no fury....
ok so what are examples of brushes you could use? I don't have photoshop either....where could I go to get some brushes for psp?

Niobe Kaftan

Potential
here are a few psp brush sites,

psp brushes are really hard to find. but on the first on there is a tutorial to show you how to make your own

there are some great psp brushes here with a tutorial

this site gives you a choise psp or ps

v popular brush site gives choice between psp and ps

this site gives you a choice too

Willow Rosenberg

I might be just like you!
Someone on another board asked me how I achieved a sort of glow effect on a banner and I made this tutorial (my first one, so be warned 'lol') thought I would post it in case it is of any use to anyone! ;)

It's for Photoshop.

Glow Effect

Joan

*Jenny Mollen Love*
I just got PS7 and I'm pretty new to all this kinda stuff so if this question is really stupid lol...it's because of the newness :)

When I select an section of an image, I almost always get the message that says:
No pixels are more than 50% selected. The selection lines won't be visible.

What am I doing wrong??

Xander

You Can Call Me Ash
When you are usign the tool check towards the top it might say "feather" then have a box next to it with a certain number of pixels in, eg "20px". If it does what happens is you make a selection but it sorta shrinks it, hard to explain. That might be the problem.

Joan

*Jenny Mollen Love*
Thank you so very much lol! Looking back on it now, I had it set at 50, which is prolly to big...duh

Thanks again :)

David's Girl

Let me clean you ^_^
In blend challenges there is often colorization challenges. I completely don't understand them so I was wondering if someone could tell me how you do it? I have psp.

Powerful wicka

Dark witch
Can someone tell me what layer masks are and what they do and how to use them, to blend i usually use the clone stamp, but i wanna know about these layer masks
I use PS 7

SilentWhispers

Beware Bad Moonlight
David's Girl said:
In blend challenges there is often colorization challenges. I completely don't understand them so I was wondering if someone could tell me how you do it? I have psp.
I have PSP7 and you make a new raster layer, change the blend mode to colorize and use the flood fill tool to color in the layer.

W

Wesley's Sylyna

I'm new to the graphic stuff.
I finally got a graphics program after over a year wanting one.

I have Paint shop pro 9.
Can someone please tell the basics to making a banner and icon/avatar?
And a place of finding some tutorials?

A

Allycat

Basically open a new file with a banner size. (There's a predefined size in PS.) Open a favourite picture of yours. Drag the picture into the empty banner. Then go to edit, free transform; you'll be able to fiddle with the size and get it to fit in the banner... remember to hold down shift to avoid streching. Now use the text tool to put some text over the picture. And voila, you have your first most basic banner!!

W

Wesley's Sylyna

It didn't work.
You mus not have Paint Shop pro, or a different version.
First the picture could not be dragged into the banner.
And second there is no free transform under edit.

:mad15:

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
find an image you want to use as a banner, then right click on it and then click 'copy'
go to your banner, whatever size it is, and right click again, then click 'paste as new layer' that should work.

W

Wesley's Sylyna

i did that but the picture didn't want to resize.
how do i resize it?

minutes later
never mind, i fingured it out.

A

Allycat

Sorry... PS means Photoshop... Paintshop Pro is PSP... but I shoulda figured you might not be familiar with the abbreviations... anyhow... I hope you'll show off your work to us sometime ;)

Top Bottom