• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Tips & Techniques for Photoshop/Paintshop Pro

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Hey guys, love this thread,
I was wondering how do u put new brushs into Adobe Photoshop 7? I cant figure it out.

W

Wesley's Sylyna

To make 'soft glow effect' for PSP

duplicate base image, apply gaussin blur (no more than 6), go back to base layer and make a new layer in soft light or overlay (i suggest overlay, works better), then merge layers

K

Kryptonite

i just added Photoshop 5.0 to my comp cuz i found it and ive been messing around a bit

now, this may seem like the most stupid question....but if you have one image up, how to you add another image to it? i cant do it :(

G

galathea

I use Photoshop 6.0 but I guess it works all the same. Adding pictures is a simple drag and drop action. You open your pictures, then create a new canvas in the size you wish and then simply drag and drop your pictures to that canvas.

K

Kryptonite

ahhh i got another one

when im adding text, it wont allow my words to get any higher than 31 pixels....ive done a few other things with words before and ive gotten them to any size i wanted. i cant figure out whats wrong this time

...if that makes any sense...

+ Matt +

Eliza fan
i just added Photoshop 5.0 to my comp cuz i found it and ive been messing around a bit

now, this may seem like the most stupid question....but if you have one image up, how to you add another image to it? i cant do it :(

I know it's been answered but:

Open second picture --> Ctrl + A --> Copy ---> Go to first picture ---> Paste (then drag etc.)

Simple method and very quick to do.

K

Kryptonite

i know i have a jillion questions...but oh well

anyone know if its possible to do the reflective letters on photoshop like on here

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
There is probably a much easier way to do it but if you put in your writing, then copy that layer to a new document and flip it vertically, then place it back in the original document, and lower the opacity, it will look like a reflection.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
does anyone know of any good tutorial sites for Paint Shop Pro?
i'm keen to learn some new techniques, but i can't find any decent tutorials.

I
I love Eliza Dushku
Are you gonna make yourself a Randy Orton sig?? He is much better than Cena :P

crabby patty

Potential
how do you resize an object on Paint shop pro 8 (make it bigger) without it becomming all blurry , or how do you adjust the blurriness

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
you could try sharpening the image to fix the blurriness.
first, duplicate your image, then go to adjust - sharpeness - sharpen or sharpen more.
if you find that if getting too sharp, lowering the opactity of the layer you sharpened, until you get something you can work with.

the sharpen approach can be hit or miss, especially in PSP, but i hope this helps.

C
crabby patty
i will give it a try thanx

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
This is a stupid question but it's annoying the crap outta me and I can't fix it. How can I get my eraser in Paint Shop Pro to actually erase instead of spewing colored stuff?!

SpuffyisEternal

*Nikki*
I actually have 2 questions. First how do you get the texture with the cool cracklike marks like in this avy-->

and second question... I've been having a problem with my avies. They look fine and normal when I look at them on my paintshop and they come out all wrong when I transfer them to photobucket. Usually when I add text or do any special adustment like Fill Flash or to the Histogram. It gets all blurry around certain places.

-CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?? :D

Spirit_Of_Fred

The Psycho
i have a very amateur question. when you are blending images with very different backgrounds (like one is very light and colorful and the other is dark and dull), how do you get it to blend smoothly? sometimes i am able to work with this, but sometimes i cant, and i was wondering if there is anyone here that does that a lot and can give me tips? is there even a way to make is smoother? (and im talking photoshop here)

alexa

rip it up
I'm interested in SiE's question about the cracks! Does anyone know?
With the blending question Spirit, I really try not to blend stuff like that if I can avoid it. Otherwise try to use as much negative space as possible between the two images (like the blur behind the subjects, or background). You could also try adding on more space before blending them (like cut and paste more background to make it look like more), then you can increase the feather size in photoshop, and it will blend a lot smoother.
Hope that made sense.

I had a question about this avatar I made... which I can't use on here. But it's a gif file I made in Flash. Does anyone know why it's grainy as a gif file, or if there is a site where I can upload a swf. or flash file for free?

S
Spirit_Of_Fred
thanks for actually answering my question :P and that avatar is so cute; i love it! :D
Top Bottom