• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Who do you prefer: Willow, Tara, or Fred?

Mr Trick

Scooby
I actually think had Tara survived, the relationship would have fractured.
And I'm more for Willow getting back with Oz after he cheated than Tara getting back with Willow after she wiped her mind:eek:

Disagree, think they had got over their bad patch, and was reaching the height of their love which is why of course Joss decided to end it;) Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it would have been forever because that is hard to say, but certainly think it would have turned into a long term thing.

Sure, but that is part of the whole darkness of the addiction storyline. Willow messed up big time, but then thats because she's human and I again I like the show exploring that side of things.

Monkey Pants

Bored Now
Black Thorn
Sure, but that is part of the whole darkness of the addiction storyline. Willow messed up big time, but then thats because she's human and I again I like the show exploring that side of things.
Yes, but I feel that Oz felt genuinely sorry for what he did, and, had he and Willow gotten back together, they would have had a discussion about what happened and would work on trust levels.
Do I think Willow felt bad for what she did? Not so much. And they decided to just skip that tricky discussion to make things easy because again that's what they always do: sugar coat everything. I don't think it was healthy and I don't think it would have lasted. Willow would have fallen back into the same pattern of hurting Tara because she doesn't respect her enough. She needs someone like Kennedy who wouldn't take that.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Yes, but I feel that Oz felt genuinely sorry for what he did, and, had he and Willow gotten back together, they would have had a discussion about what happened and would work on trust levels.
Do I think Willow felt bad for what she did? Not so much. And they decided to just skip that tricky discussion to make things easy because again that's what they always do: sugar coat everything. I don't think it was healthy and I don't think it would have lasted. Willow would have fallen back into the same pattern of hurting Tara because she doesn't respect her enough. She needs someone like Kennedy who wouldn't take that.

Maybe, but then I think by the time Oz returned I think Willow had already decided that she was interested in Tara, so to me that's fair enough.

Don't forget I'm talking about if Tara wasn't shot or at the very least survived in which case Willow wouldn't have turned bad. Would there still have been issues? Sure. But could Tara and Willow have got over them? I believe so.

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
This is an interesting thread.

I think for me, I have to choose Fred first. Though, that might be slightly influenced by my admiration of Illyria. I used to have blue hair. I feel solidarity. :) But also, I'm pretty interested in how Fred affects the people around her. The affection that the rest of the characters in Angel have for her brings out interesting things in them. Plus, she's adorable and nerdy.

Willow is a really, really close second though. Especially in the first few years. Again with the adorable and nerdy. There's a trend here.

And Tara. I enjoy her, especially in season 6 when she's supportive of Buffy in a time that Buffy really needed it. But when I think of her, that's one of the main moments that I think of. That and the episode with her family.

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
1. Willow (well... obviously). She's (for me) the most complex & multifaceted character in the show, and I can relate to her best even though I'm a guy. Every re-watch offers something new or different perspectives of her. It's a joy to see her development throughout the series, albeit it's partly disrupted in S06 and partly abandoned in S07.

2. Fred - I thought she was rather flat in AtS S02-3 and I didn't like the love triangle in S04 where she became the center of a testosterone filled b*tch-fest. She got more interesting in S05, with Illyria, as well as later in the comics.

3. Tara - yeah she's perfect, always nice, saintly, has perfect ethics etc. pp., expect... she's not! I would like her a lot more if her flaws and character had actually been explored and had been put into the right perspective. I don't care if the show is suggesting her alleged perfectness to me. I rather note what she's actually saying and doing and compare it with what I know about her past and her personality.

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
I refuse to answer, on the grounds that they're all fantastic.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8zccz8zwel0cwwok888gc044g_640.gif

tumblr_inline_n9ifxmS2ny1si3734.gif

Last edited:
B

black cat

In my opinion Fred it was used better as character than Willow ( " The redemption arc", for me was not well developed :confused:) and Tara ( she could have been an incredible character, high-impact, fascinating that can affect sccoby gang and the various vicissitudes, but she was " used and thrown away by the authors" in a moment when she could have prove how considerable she can be :().... So.... Fred/ Illyria was a character full of surprises, explosive, tough and unpredictable! The Illyria arc was something extremely beatiful and at the same time disturbing, thinking about all the life story and issues with Wesley..... :( Anyway Fred, Tara and willow, in my opinion, were able to overshadow " the Heroes/ champions of the different show" ! :rolleyes:

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Fred. She was on my preferred show, and I think she's the best actress out of the 3 choices. I loved Fred's wiry energy.

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
Uuhh, tough choice. It's definitely not Tara. It's a choice between Willow and Fred.

Fred was on my preferred show, like @Bluebird said, and I enjoyed her storylines more. I liked Fred overall, but to be honest, she also annoyed me a lot. She was always involved in some crappy love triangle and was a bit of a hypocrite. I didn't enjoy how Mary Sue she was.
Willow was more of a character in her own right and I loved how powerful she became. She never annoyed me and she impressed me more than Fred.

I guess Willow wins ;)

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Willow is the best character no doubt but around the time of season 6 and 7 I don't know if I'd describe her as shy, sweet and sensitive.
A good chunk of Fred's arc was Wesley's arc.

So I pick Tara.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I'm picking Willow sense she had the most development of the three and we saw her evolve over the course of the series.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I love all three, but I favor Tara. I just find her sweetness and spirit compelling, drawing me in, plus Amber is a total babe ;)

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I'd go for Fred because she stands alone above the rest of her cast. She's a superior character to anyone on Angel without much question imo. I love Willow though, and Tara is pretty great too.

Top Bottom