• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who is your favorite female vampire?

Who is your favorite Female vampire?

• Darla

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Drusilla

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Vampire Willow

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Harmony

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Sunday

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Vampire Buffy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elisabeth

• Candy Gorch

• Total voters
Darla. I didn't care much for her on Buffy but she was interesting on Angel. When i first watched Angel i was actually a little disappointed they turned her into a vampire again so soon. Human Darla had loads of potential. I could see her working through her struggles and maybe end up working alongside someone like Anne.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Darla. I didn't care much for her on Buffy but she was interesting on Angel.
Darla and Angel's history wasn't really ironed out until later episodes. In Season 1 of Buffy, Darla was essentially a lackey for the Master and Angel wasn't really fleshed out as a character until about mid-way through Season 1. It's why Darla's characterisation in Season 1 of Buffy is so different personality wise to how she was portrayed in flashbacks or on the Angel show.

When i first watched Angel i was actually a little disappointed they turned her into a vampire again so soon. Human Darla had loads of potential. I could see her working through her struggles and maybe end up working alongside someone like Anne.
Human Darla always had a limited shelf life. She represented Angel's hope for his own redemption so naturally she had to fall back into her old ways as a kick in the teeth to him. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have Darla survive Connor's birth so we could see what she would be like towards him. It would throw up a load of drama opportunities for Angel.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
I think the Darla of BtVS fits very well with the Darla of AtS. When we first meet Darla, she is seducing a victim, and she repeats this tactic later. On AtS, we learn that Darla made herself a small fortune as a sex worker. Seduction is Darla's main weapon against Angel both in the BtVS episode "Angel" and on Angel the Show.

We also learn on AtS that Darla favours brains above brawn. Her foil in the master's court is Luke, who is this big brute. Darla tricks Buffy into thinking Angel attacked her mum, and then uses guns to fight Buffy. On AtS, Darla murders all the senior members of the special project division, except for Linday and Lilah, who she plans to use as her stooges inside the organisation. She also starts building an army of more brutish demons.

Both on AtS and BtVS, Darla is quite subservient towards the Master.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Darla! Everything about Darla is awesome! I love Julie Benz in the role. She gets a good character arc, dying in Lullaby. I love her relationship with Angel(us). She's a bit more complex than Drusilla, but just as fun. Darla is what all female vampires should strive to be like. lol

Top Bottom