• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

YouTube Buffy Recap/Reviews by ME!

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
I really loved this parallell video! Like Spanky I'd neer thought about it before. There were such a surprising amount of similarities, brilliant analysis! Great editing too.

Also, love your framed photo of Giles.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thanks Tasks!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Another great video! I really enjoy watching them :)

Thanks for the mention, I totally wasn't expecting it

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
And I'm working really hard on a future Willow wardrobe but the research is taking a little longer than I thought so probably won't be ready till next week!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I rarely make it through you tube vids of any topic, especially fan vids. They usually make me squirm painfully to the point that I need to move away from the internet and do something else. Yours, thankfully, did not.

It is nice to see uplifting videos, interesting topics and comparrisons with other popular media. These are the first fandom vids I have viewed that dont make me walk away feeling like I've copped a spanking for not whole-heartedly bowing down to fanwank.

The pace is great, a rest from manic squeeky americans, and I love the minimalist style.

You know I wouldnt comment if it wasnt true. The last couple have been my fave in length, pace and content. Keep up the good work.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thank you so much. That means a lot to me.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Another interesting video. I hope you do the star signs of each member of the Whirlwind. :)

One thing I will say though, and it is probably just to do with it trying to corrupt itself which you can't help, is that at the beginning of the video you get a green screen flickering on and off as you're talking (the green screen stays during the scene of Spike studying Buffy in Halloween because you can hear the audio but not see the scene itself but that's not really the issue, the flickering is).

The only reason I mention the flickering is because if you have someone with photosensitive epilepsy watching, then the frequency of the flickering could potentially trigger a seizure. Fortunately, the flickering only occurs within the first 20 seconds rather than throughout the video, however even though it doesn't sound a lot, it could still be enough to trigger a seizure depending on the severity of the epilepsy.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Another interesting video. I hope you do the star signs of each member of the Whirlwind. :)

One thing I will say though, and it is probably just to do with it trying to corrupt itself which you can't help, is that at the beginning of the video you get a green screen flickering on and off as you're talking (the green screen stays during the scene of Spike studying Buffy in Halloween because you can hear the audio but not see the scene itself but that's not really the issue, the flickering is).

The only reason I mention the flickering is because if you have someone with photosensitive epilepsy watching, then the frequency of the flickering could potentially trigger a seizure. Fortunately, the flickering only occurs within the first 20 seconds rather than throughout the video, however even though it doesn't sound a lot, it could still be enough to trigger a seizure depending on the severity of the epilepsy.
Oh bummer! I thought it had completely fixed itself. Thank you for letting me know, I'll add a note in the description box.

Excuse my ignorance but what is Whirlwind?

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn

Xander Video up!

Huge thank you to everyone that has subscribed, liked my videos, and/or commented. Makes a huge difference to YouTube recommending my videos to other people.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Do Spike next, he also sounds like a cancer though going by what you said about relationships and not taking rejection well.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
When are you going to be posting your next video?
Hey! So I uploaded a couple of videos during the week reviewing Phantasm and Basket Case. I am working on the early stages of a really huge documentary project for uni, editing a DIY video (3 hours of a footage to work through!!), and I have been researching and checking sources for another Astrology video, and will hopefully script that up this weekend!

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
That's great! I really enjoy your Buffy videos!
Spanky
Spanky
Oh!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@caitaintdead I think the meaning of thanksgiving has changed. Whilst it may have originated with the pilgrims conquering the native americans, it's not about that anymore. As Buffy says herself "Look, pilgrims aside, isn't that the whole point of thanksgiving-- Everybody has a place to go?"

Pangs is the first episode that shows the "new" scooby gang all in the same scene. Anya and Spike have joined the scoobies and I think the Riley scene talking about visiting their families for thanksgiving is meant to show that thanksgiving tends to be a family affair. Joyce is out of town so Buffy is celebrating thanksgiving with the other members of her "family": the scoobies.

It all reminds me of another youtube video I watched where the guy was discussing Amends (can't remember what the video was called or who it was by) and discussing Angel's detachment and why suicides tend to happen more around Christmas. Long story short, the gist was that Amends wasn't about being alone (since Giles was happily spending Christmas alone at his apartment) but about being emotionally connected. Angel was feeling emotionally disconnected from the people around him which enabled the First to almost drive him to suicide eg by telling him the world would be a better place without him. Buffy reminded him that there were people who cared for him and that he did have emotional connections hence why we get a stereotypical Christmas snow scene.

One of the things I like about Pangs is that when Buffy says the point of thanksgiving being about how "everybody has a place to go", the camera cuts to Spike who is wondering desolately around in a weakened state because he has nowhere to go. I don't think it's a coincidence that the thanksgiving episode is where both Spike and Anya (who also doesn't have anywhere to go) join the ranks of the scoobies.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I absolutely loved the Willow video. I think I may be a Scorpio, too. (I am not. I am Aries, because I share Aly's birthday).

What I like the most is that you show the continuity and consistency in Willow's growth and characterisation. The way I see it, she is fundamentally the same person throughout the show, which is true for most of the other characters as well.

I wish you good health. I have no idea what those words you said at the beginning means, but I am guessing it is not pleasant :(

P.S. I may have said it before, but I love your look (The junk food sweater I could take or leave, but your hair and make up is really cool).

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thanks girl :)

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
I absolutely loved the Willow video. I think I may be a Scorpio, too. (I am not. I am Aries, because I share Aly's birthday).
That's so cool! I'd love to share a birthday with a Buffyverse star. I do have the same birthday as Joshua Jackson though, and ain't no 90s nostalgia without some Pacey Witter, so I can deal with that.

What I like the most is that you show the continuity and consistency in Willow's growth and characterisation. The way I see it, she is fundamentally the same person throughout the show, which is true for most of the other characters as well.
Thank you so so much. I worked really hard on the scripting and so so hard editing trying to find all the right clips. I'm glad I did her character justice!

I wish you good health. I have no idea what those words you said at the beginning means, but I am guessing it is not pleasant :(
Basically my entire reproductive system is broken. I have enlarged ovaries that grow cysts that sometimes burst. Along with that, weird lining grows outside of my uterus too. It is the worst.

P.S. I may have said it before, but I love your look (The junk food sweater I could take or leave, but your hair and make up is really cool).
Thanks!!! The junk food sweater is defo a little mental :)[/Quote][/QUOTE]

W
WillowFromBuffy
That sounds both serious and painful. I don't know what to say, except that I wish that things were better for you :(
Top Bottom