• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

YouTube Buffy Recap/Reviews by ME!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
You missed Secret Santa btw. 😛

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Yes I know :( I got really sick and couldn't do much. I actually DID make a banner but couldn't figure out how to upload it.

sosa lola

Scooby

Xander Video up!

Huge thank you to everyone that has subscribed, liked my videos, and/or commented. Makes a huge difference to YouTube recommending my videos to other people.
Really enjoyed the Xander video! You make excellent points.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thanks!!! I spent quite a few weeks really trying to immerse myself in Xander so I'm glad it worked out!!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby

New review/analysis up :)
Over in the UK, it aired at 645 pm until about Season 6 when it was moved to a later slot.
Also the thing you said about pigs being associated with truth and the confrontation that comes from truth makes me think of all the times Buffy called Spike a pig, and the fact that Spike is often seen as the truth teller of the group.

It's a good review, I think Season 1 suffers the most from hanging plot threads, can't wait for your Season 2 reviews.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thanks! Interesting idea about Spike! I'm looking forward to getting into Season 2 too! I think there is a lot more material for complex discussion.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@caitaintdead Another good video, however the music throughout the video is a little overpowering, particularly during the parts where you talk. Was there any specific reason for adding the music?

As for the fumigation party, I think it just sets up what a dive the Bronze is. It's in "the bad part of town" yet everyone, including Cordelia, frequents there, possibly because it's the only decent club in Sunnydale. It seems to up its cleanliness standards in the later seasons. Perhaps it signifies how Buffy is making the town a better place?

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
@caitaintdead Another good video, however the music throughout the video is a little overpowering, particularly during the parts where you talk. Was there any specific reason for adding the music?

As for the fumigation party, I think it just sets up what a dive the Bronze is. It's in "the bad part of town" yet everyone, including Cordelia, frequents there, possibly because it's the only decent club in Sunnydale. It seems to up its cleanliness standards in the later seasons.
Thank you for the feedback about the background music. I wasn't too sure about it, but a few people have suggested adding background music so I wanted to give it a go. Do you think that it would be better without the background music completely, or does it just need to be turned down more?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Thank you for the feedback about the background music. I wasn't too sure about it, but a few people have suggested adding background music so I wanted to give it a go. Do you think that it would be better without the background music completely, or does it just need to be turned down more?
I think it would be better without the music. It's unnecessary and doesn't add anything other than to be distracting, particularly when you are talking and you just hear the music playing over you.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
I think it would be better without the music. It's unnecessary and doesn't add anything other than to be distracting, particularly when you are talking and you just hear the music playing over you.
Feedback noted! Thanks.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
@DeadlyDuo I had already edited and uploaded this one so there will be background music, but the next one doesn't :)

Don't forget to support my channel by liking, commenting (on YouTube), and subscribing. These videos do take quite a bit of time to create (from scripting, to filming, to finding all the right footage to use and all the editing). This one seemed to take FOREVER (about 20 hours all up) cause I had to jump around between the two series and soooo many different episodes to get the clips necessary.

Huge thanks to the people that are supporting me already - you have no idea how much it means to me and all my insecurities :)

Taake
Taake
haha the "Icon" or whatever you call it, with you in the hearts. Love it.
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
not sure about 5-2, but #1 was great!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@caitaintdead Another good video. I'm glad you included Sprusilla :) Ranking Spuffy above Bangel was a brave move but I think you did it in a way that was fair and not about shipping preferences so kudos. I think any shipping listing related video is risky given the fact that shipping is such a big thing for fans and can be quite intense, so although it would've been nice to see Sprusilla ranked higher as they are my favourite ship, at the same time I didn't feel they were being put down. Spuffy I dislike because of what it did to both characters, yet how you presented it in your video for why you ranked it so high was good. At no point did it feel like you were rating certain ships higher or lower because of bias. In conclusion, this was a fair and balanced video so well done :D

Are you by any chance doing a top 5 worst couples video as an anti-valentine's day (or singles awareness day) thing?

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
@caitaintdead Another good video. I'm glad you included Sprusilla :) Ranking Spuffy above Bangel was a brave move but I think you did it in a way that was fair and not about shipping preferences so kudos. I think any shipping listing related video is risky given the fact that shipping is such a big thing for fans and can be quite intense, so although it would've been nice to see Sprusilla ranked higher as they are my favourite ship, at the same time I didn't feel they were being put down. Spuffy I dislike because of what it did to both characters, yet how you presented it in your video for why you ranked it so high was good. At no point did it feel like you were rating certain ships higher or lower because of bias. In conclusion, this was a fair and balanced video so well done :D

Are you by any chance doing a top 5 worst couples video as an anti-valentine's day (or singles awareness day) thing?
Thank you! As a personal bias I prefer seeing Wesley with me, and managed not to include that which was tough :p

I have a video about Scott Hope, a video about Willow and Tara, and I'm thinking about mayyyybe doing the best 5 slash ships. I had thought about doing the worst couples but wasn't really entirely sure about what to include or how to go about it. Having said that I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow so might have a think about it then! There are definitely quite a few that I didn't enjoy!!!!!

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
@DeadlyDuo I had already edited and uploaded this one so there will be background music, but the next one doesn't :)

Don't forget to support my channel by liking, commenting (on YouTube), and subscribing. These videos do take quite a bit of time to create (from scripting, to filming, to finding all the right footage to use and all the editing). This one seemed to take FOREVER (about 20 hours all up) cause I had to jump around between the two series and soooo many different episodes to get the clips necessary.

Huge thanks to the people that are supporting me already - you have no idea how much it means to me and all my insecurities :)

I really like your "drumroll" point about the Spike and Dru almost kiss. When you showed that clip I definitely got a new appreciation for that scene, always loved it, but now it's even better. Also Lilah + Wesley <3

Edit: the Tillow talk made me tear up.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
The almost kiss was an improvisation during JM's audition that was kept in the episode.
caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thank you :)
W

WillowFromBuffy

I love Scott Hope, too. I would also have dumped Buffy in "Homecoming."

I do disagree on a couple of points, though. First, I don't Holden lies about Scott. Holden seems honest and I don't know what motivations he would have for lying. However, I don't think it makes sense to use this information when watching S3. It is just a joke from the writers about a character that they knew nobody liked. BtVS is horrible to gay men. Second, if Scott really does spread rumours about Buffy being gay, then I would say that would be pretty serious. A lie is a lie, and any misinformation about someone's private life may be damaging. Also, while Larry may be a little melodramatic when he claims he will be 'run out of town,' you must take into account that accusing someone of being gay could make that person a target for homophobia and possibly even hate crimes.

I am really sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I guess wounds like that never heal properly, but it is good that your are able to be open about the effects it has had.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thanks!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@caitaintdead A really interesting video and a very good defence. It seems Scott hope was Buffy's best and healthiest relationship lol.

You make some very good points, first that Holden could be lying. His words are taken at face value because there's not really a reason for him to lie, but given that he is smart, it's a clever thing to do to mix two truthful rumours (dating an older guy- Angel did turn up to the prom- and heavily religious) with a false but plausible one. Everyone seemed quite accepting of Larry when he came out. The whole "Scott came out as gay" could also be a falsehood since there is no way of verifying whether that is true or not since we never see or hear from Scott again.

The second good point is about Faith starting the rumour that Scott had an STD. Faith doesn't even go to the school so she wouldn't have to deal with the fallout of that. Also, with reputation being such a precarious thing in high school (hence why Cordy dating Xander and him cheating on her with Willow was such a big blow to her because she'd sacrificed her reputation for him), that rumour could follow Scott for the rest of the school year (and possibly after at college if he went to the same one as other people from Sunnydale High).

Maybe Holden wasn't lying about Scott saying that Buffy was gay, but perhaps the reason Scott said that was because people were implying/insinuating/accusing the reason she broke up with him was because of the STD and he just said defensively it was because she was gay. It actually makes me dislike Faith even more.

Please do a video on Riley about whether or not he's actually this wholesome character the show would have you believe. (I don't think he is and that he's quite controlling but it would be great if you could do a video to back that theory up.) :)

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thanks for watching :) I will *definitely* do a Riley video at some point!!!!
Top Bottom