• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

2011 Buffy-Boards Crossover FanFic Competition

xaphania

Spike/Buffy
I have an idea, but it's going to be tough going for me because I've never written for either of the shows or characters before. Going out of my comfort zone.

I hope I can get it done by the deadline, my powers of procrastination know no bounds!

maryperk

Townie
Well, I'm out since BTVS/ATS is the only shows I've watched.

Okay, what's a dorm?

msfantastico87

Joann the Goblin Slayer
Well, I'm out since BTVS/ATS is the only shows I've watched.

Okay, what's a dorm?

you can still enter if you'd like. Because BtVS and AtS is already tecnically crossed over, The only thing I would ask is that you write something with some of the minor supporting characters. Sound fair?

Also, here is a link to our Sorting Tome. Get yourself sorted into a house (there are 4 possibilities), that way you can take part in the competitions. :) The Sorting Tome<-- click me

Tillow4ever

♫ I'm Under Your Spell ♫
I've only ever seen Buffy and Angel... could I do like a crossover from Buffy to Angel? I don't know if I should even enter, but I'd like to try...

xaphania

Spike/Buffy
Well I think the word limit has been bumped up to a max of 1500 words, if that helps ya.
I know. I ended up with 2,000 words, lol. My beta has yet to go through it so I don't know what the final word count will be, but I don't think I can shave off 500 words.

It's no matter.

msfantastico87

Joann the Goblin Slayer
Question.

Would I be disqualified if I wrote a Puppet Angel Crossover? :p
Puppet Angel in Firefly? Yes Please!

I've only ever seen Buffy and Angel... could I do like a crossover from Buffy to Angel? I don't know if I should even enter, but I'd like to try...
Like I said before, if you are going to do Buffy and Angel cross over, try and use one of the lesser known characters :) And of course you should totally enter!

methos

White Knight? Black King?
I'm going to be using Tara for a Doctor Who crossover...

been a while since i've written classic Who, so i'm going to have fun with this :D

M

N
Nikita
can't :( Doctor Who isn't a jossverse program. :(

methos

Buffyheaven agrees: can't :( Doctor Who isn't a jossverse program. :(
Oh, so you can only write 'crossovers' with another Jossverse series then?

Oh, that's crap than... won't bother entering...

Not really a 'crossover competition' if you have to only work with Jossverse stuff... From the way the original post sounded, i thought it was crossing a Jossverse series with any other series you wanted... if it's ONLY jossverse stuff then i'm not interested in the least.

M

HisMrs
HisMrs
Sorry you don't like the rules, but it's not nice to be disrespectful.

Nikita

Potential
Oh, so you can only write 'crossovers' with another Jossverse series then?

Oh, that's crap than... won't bother entering...

Not really a 'crossover competition' if you have to only work with Jossverse stuff... From the way the original post sounded, i thought it was crossing a Jossverse series with any other series you wanted... if it's ONLY jossverse stuff then i'm not interested in the least.

M
I think the point of doing a jossverse one at first is to give us a chance to see what we can do within the writer that we know, and if you make it to the next round, you'll be able to crossover with any thing atleast that's how I feel.

methos

Well since the competition is limited to Jossverse stuff... i guess these are the only universes we can use for the crossover...

Movies

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) "“ writer
Speed (1994) "“ co-writer (uncredited)
The Getaway (1994) "“ co-writer (uncredited)
Waterworld (1995) "“ co-writer (uncredited)
Toy Story (1995) "“ co-writer
Alien Resurrection (1997) "“ writer
Titan A.E. (2000) "“ co-writer
X-Men (2000) "“ treatment (uncredited)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) "“ treatment
Serenity (2005) "“ writer and director
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) "“ co-writer
The Avengers (2012) "“ co-writer and director

Television

Roseanne (1989"“1990) "“ writer, story editor
Parenthood (1990) "“ writer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997"“2003) "“ creator, executive producer, writer, director
Angel (1999"“2004) "“ co-creator, executive producer, writer, director
Firefly (2002) "“ creator, executive producer, writer, director
The Office (2007) "“ guest director
Dollhouse (2009"“2010) "“ creator, executive producer, writer, director
Glee (2010) "“ guest director

Also of note, Joss Whedon is a credited writer of Marvel comics, working heavily in the X-men universe, notably Astonishing X-men and Runaways... He's also done of lot of work for DC comics, specifically dealing with Superman and Superman/Batman titles...

but if these, or what counts as a 'Jossverse' for this competition seems to be anyone's guess

M

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Television

Roseanne (1989–1990) – writer, story editor
Parenthood (1990) – writer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003) – creator, executive producer, writer, director
Angel (1999–2004) – co-creator, executive producer, writer, director
Firefly (2002) – creator, executive producer, writer, director
The Office (2007) – guest director
Dollhouse (2009–2010) – creator, executive producer, writer, director
Glee (2010) – guest director

Also of note, Joss Whedon is a credited writer of Marvel comics, working heavily in the X-men universe, notably Astonishing X-men and Runaways... He's also done of lot of work for DC comics, specifically dealing with Superman and Superman/Batman titles...

but if these, or what counts as a 'Jossverse' for this competition seems to be anyone's guess

M[/]

Jossverse to me implies something Joss has created (in full or part), ergo "Glee" "Rosanne", "Parenthood" and "The office" would be out in my opinion, they're not characters he 'owns' and I wouldn't count them to belong to 'his' 'verse.

But I still think there is plenty to choose from to crossover. Imagination is your only limit here...

methos

Well Joss 'owns' at least 4 X-Men characters that were created during his run on X-men and are still used in the comics...

so guess i could use them then lol

M

Top Bottom