• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

2011 Buffy-Boards Crossover FanFic Competition

methos

White Knight? Black King?
How about Fray and BtVS? Too Buffy-ish?
dunno... have to check with the original poster to see exactly what they considor a 'crossover' to be... to me, writing a Crossover involves 2 or more distincively different universes that would not normally interact...

A fictional crossover is the placement of two or more otherwise discrete fictional characters and universes into the context of a single story creating one 'universe' from the two original fandom's used.
using that definition, i wouldn't classify a Buffy / Angel or Buffy / Fray fic to be a crossover, as Buffy, Angel and Fray already all exist in one universe, so it's not a crossover.

But again, you'll have to check with the original poster on this...

I do know if you check fanfic archives like Twisting The Hellmouth and Fanfiction.net, they don't consider crossing Buffy with Angel or Fray to be a valid crossover fic...

M

msfantastico87

Joann the Goblin Slayer
@Methos

Taake speaks truth. For the time being, we are only accepting crossovers from BtVS, Dollhouse, Angel, Firefly, or Dr. Horrible. As much as it interests both me, and the rest of the members to do a crossover of BtVS and another fandom, we thought it would be best to start off with baby steps. This is only the beginning of a few more comps. Depending on how well of a turnout this gets us, we will be ding a more complex competition in the future.

Because BtVS and AtS is already a crossover, the only thing I ask is that if you are going to do something like this, please do not use any of the main characters. For example, you can have Jesse crossover into Angel. So Tillow4ever, you can use those characters, but if you're going to use Willow, do not have her cross over into AtS, since it's already been done. Make it work people. Use your imaginations. It's not that hard :p

Also, to answer Ann, no, please do not write it as if Joss had written it, other wise, there would be way too many character deaths and no happy ships :p I'd much rather read something you guys created n your own!

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask :) I'm looking forward to the entries, as are the other prefects!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I want to see the rude posting in this thread end right now. If you don't want to participate, then don't. There is absolutely no reason to give people who have tried to make an interesting activity for the board a hard time or try to make them look bad or foolish.

It's downright rude and disrespectful.

M

Manderz

I'll take a shot at this been writing for about 5 yeas and fanfiction has always been fun to me. I just hope I can come up with something worth top four *crosses fingers*

One question? Can the crossover be between Buffy cast going to Angel show, or Angel cast going to BTVS cause I havent watched enough of other Whendoverse to come up with something.

Skytteflickan88

Proud Spikette
So, the Buffy-Fray thing is a no? Never got a answer to that. I realize that wouldn't be much of a crossover though, because of the season 8 arc.

How about Angel-Fray?

Using the same rules as a Buffy-Angel crossover (no main characters?)?

msfantastico87

Joann the Goblin Slayer
So, the Buffy-Fray thing is a no? Never got a answer to that. I realize that wouldn't be much of a crossover though, because of the season 8 arc.

How about Angel-Fray?

Using the same rules as a Buffy-Angel crossover (no main characters?)?
This will be fine, as long as the no main characters rule is applied :D

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Bit confused here, HisMrs put that all characters were okay, but you've put that no main characters are to be used.
Also, who are the main characters.
I've already sent my story in so if you say the characters I've used are main characters then tough on me.

If you are going to make the subsequent rounds harder, just make the maximum word limit less each time, and for the final round.. ... .. there's a web site for 50 word stories, exactly 50 words, now that would be fun.

Was that subtle enough?

N
Nikita
about your first bits, I think only if you went Buffy-Angel, that you couldn't use characters like Willow, Angel, Buffy etc. where as I'd imagine Fred meeting Dawn or Caleb could be done~

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Buffyheaven,
it is hard to keep track of rules that change. In the first post mcfantastico87 put in the official rules that all characters from all whedonverse shows were allowed. I used Spike, Darla, Drusilla, Echo and Sierra.

Nikita

Potential
Buffyheaven,
it is hard to keep track of rules that change. In the first post mcfantastico87 put in the official rules that all characters from all whedonverse shows were allowed. I used Spike, Darla, Drusilla, Echo and Sierra.
I imagine that'd be fine. I used Echo, Adelle, River and Simon, so I doubt it'll be a very big problem, I think Msfantastico only did the main characters rule in accordance with Buffy and Angel (and Fray) as they've already crossed over in the past.

msfantastico87

Joann the Goblin Slayer
I imagine that'd be fine. I used Echo, Adelle, River and Simon, so I doubt it'll be a very big problem, I think Msfantastico only did the main characters rule in accordance with Buffy and Angel (and Fray) as they've already crossed over in the past.
You are correct my friend :p

Buffyheaven,
I just saw that I received your fic. If those are the characters you chose, then you are A-ok :thumbsup:

B
Big Damn Hero
Groovy thank you :)

xaphania

Spike/Buffy
HisMrs disagrees: Not all fics have to be 85 chapters long. Haven't you ever heard of a one-shot?[/size]
I'm not saying that. Yes, I have heard of a one-shot. I write them frequently.

I also write drabbles, ficlets and multichapter stories.

I'm not going to say anything else because I know I'll get snarky.

I don't think I'll be entering the contest now, either.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Look people, we can just forget the whole contest if people can't do this without arguing about every little thing.

So participate, or don't participate, but complaining about it here is not the way to go.

HisMrs
HisMrs
[No message]
caitaintdead
caitaintdead
[No message]

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
HisMrs,
A fan-fic 85 chapters long would take some doing, I know, as the longest I've posted here was about 60 chapters. Not something I'll be doing again in a hurry.

My thanks to msfantastico87 for allowing my fic.

HisMrs
HisMrs
It was a sarcastic comment, not meant to be taken literally. GEEZ.

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
Ok, I've stayed quiet for as long as I possibly could on all this crap going on. You know, I am really pissed off over the fact that everyone is ripping this thing apart. We've been working in the prefect house for a while to bring something fun to the boards that would get more people involved, and the moment we do? It gets trashed right and left.

This is the kind of thing that burns people out on this place. People wonder why so many staffers have stepped down?? Well this kind of crap doesn't help. When you are part of a team of people who volunteer their free time to try to make a place we all like to hang out in more fun, but all of your ideas and concepts get shot down, why are we supposed to feel motivated to do anything else for the boards?

I LOVE BB. I literally spend probably 1/2 my computer time here every day. Myself and the other prefects work together year-round to talk about ways we can build board morale and give us a little bit of fun, healthy competition and no one seems to appreciate anything. It's things like this that make me want to give the senior staff members a HUGE hug and take them out for drinks 'cause I realize how frustrating this place can get sometimes.
If you want to participate, then go for it. If not, then SHUT UP and STOP COMPLAINING. Some of you really need to learn that old adage if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.

N
Nikita
I hope I haven't added to your frustration, I think this whole thing is a great idea! :)
Tillow4ever
Tillow4ever
Totally agreed.
caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Totally agree... It's been almost embarrassing reading the updates on this thread :( Also... this is why I stepped down from prefect after 2 weeks and left the boards for 6 months... it's not nice! I love you though!
M
Marisa
agreed sorry HisMrs I know you and everyone are working so hard. I think this is a great and interesting idea :)

Tillow4ever

♫ I'm Under Your Spell ♫
I'm starting my fic now... I really hope It'll be good... I dout it though.... So Willow is not allowed? Is it okay to *mention* the main characters? It's kind of hard not to.... just to explain where they are and stuffs. You know?

Top Bottom