• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

30 Days of TV Shows (part 2)

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Day 24; Best quote?
I mean, that totally depends on what type of quote I'm going for. But I guess I can narrow it down to three...if I have to :(

"Family don't end with blood, boy." - Bobby Singer No Rest for the Wicked

"Don't you dare think, that there is anything, past or present, that I would put in front of you." Dean Winchester Sacrifice

"You know what they say, he who hesitates...disintegrates." Casifer Hell's Angel (one of those quotes that are better when watched, instead of read)

Crap, I just have to add one Crowley quote!
"No one in the history of torture's been tortured with torture like the torture you'll be tortured with."

Kratos

They talk about me in the chatty rooms?
Day 24: Best Quote

These ones come to mind for me at the moment, though I’ve probably forgotten a lot of them.

“Don’t believe everything you’re foretold.” (Angel, to shanshu in la)

“Are you so godlike that because you couldn’t find a one-armed man you don’t believe he exists?” (The Fugitive 1960s tv series, Nightmare at Northoak)

Last edited:

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Day 24: Best quote:

Oh man, there are way too many awesome quotes out there to pick just one. But, I did always love the closing quote of Becoming Pt 1:

"Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So, what are we, helpless? Puppets? Nah. The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."

Mylie
Mylie
That one always gives me chills!
Day 24 : Best quote

Hmm this is hard "Happiness isn't a destination it's a mood."
I think this is from OTH, but I'm not totally sure. Either way I love this quote.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
Day 23: Most annoying character?
Nikkie & Paulo - Lost 😩
Day 24 : Best quote

We meet people, and fall in love, and when we part they leave marks for us to remember them by. Our lovers sculpt us, they define us, for better or worse. Like a pinball, we slam into them and rebound in our different directions, propelled by the contact, and after the parting we might be scared, stronger or more fragile, or needy, or angry, or guilty, but never unchanged. Our lovers linger inside us, like ghosts, haunting the corridors and deserted rooms, sometimes whispering, sometimes screaming, but always there, waiting...
- George from Being Human (UK) 🖤

Evil Seal

Alright, 10 more minutes of chanting.
Day 24: Best Quote
The one that still makes me think : "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do"
The one that has been the most useful in my life/studies : "I use a mnemonic device : Kevin, Please Come Over For Gay Sex" (Pierce in Community, Virtual Systems Analysis)
The one that still makes me laugh : "Dude, your balls are made of pussy" (Pam talking to Cyril in Archer s05)

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
Day 24: Best Quote?

Apart from the obvious Angel quotes? (Like the Epiphany speech, or the Deep Down monologue, or "Our time is never up, Faith. We pay for everything.", or what he tells Buffy in Amends, or "Let's go to work", etc.).

I really like these quote of Lilah's: "Flames wouldn't be eternal if they actually consumed anything. But it means something that you tried.", and "Funny thing about black and white, you mix it together and you get gray. And it doesn't matter how much white you try and put back in, you're never gonna get anything but gray."

Also, there's one Logan Huntzberger (Gilmore Girls) quote that always speaks to me: "You never really needed rescuing, Ace. You know that." (in response to Rory saying that his days of rescuing her were over.)

I wish I could remember more quotes... My favorite quotes are always the ones I remember randomly. Like, when I'm feeling depressed, I remember Angel saying "I'm weak. I've never been anything else.". Or when someone says a specific word and I instantly remember a joke from Arrested Development...

BuffyBot22
BuffyBot22
Love the gray quote by Lilah!!

Kratos

They talk about me in the chatty rooms?
Day 11: A Show You Plan on Watching
The Avengers: Earth’s Mightest Heroes. I’ve heard it’s a great show around the same level as Spectacular Spider-Man and a good way of learning more about the Avengers without having to read the comics.

Also, The Good Place just to see what it’s like. It doesn’t sound like the sort of show I’d like, though.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Day 25; A show you plan on watching?
There are many, so bear with me.

I really want to watch the new Sabrina, so that means watching Riverdale first, just in case, since one is a spin-off of the other. Hopefully next year I'll finally get around to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, iZombie, and The Good Place. There are probably more, but those are the ones I often think about starting and then instead I watch something I've already seen before :)

BuffyBot22
BuffyBot22
You don't need to watch Riverdale to watch Sabrina
Top Bottom