• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Connor/Dawn is it weird?

Is a Connor/Dawn romantic pairing weird to you?

• Yes, it would be weird.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No, it would not be weird.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Yes; but only if Angel and Buffy got back together

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I have shipped Dawn with Xander. Dawn with Jon from Stargate ('mini jack' as some call him), and I've shipped her with Connor. I've never tried to ship Connor with anyone else that I can remember.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I don't the think the pairing is weird, I just think its a bit like a dull/predictable. 'And lo, unto the second generation we will have Bangel reborn.' :p
Also its hard to see a relationship dynamic when the two characters never interact. Chemistry is important.

I'm also not sure what they would have in common apart from age and that their parental figure is basically a superhero.
I can see them bonding like siblings over the actions of their parents and making jokes about how goofy Dad-Angel can be or how fussy and interfering Big-Sister-Buffy can be but the idea of romance never even occurred to me.

Having thought about it a bit I can see how Dawn might interest Connor; he likes a brunette with a feisty personality (like Faith) and normal-S5 Connor has a certain Xander-like goofiness that Dawn might crush on.
Hmn, ponders

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Considering I'm not into messed up relationships. I don't want Dawn&Connor being Bangel #2. It is sick and weird. It would be a lot like saying like lets have another Rufus&Lily/Dan&Serena touch to the Buffyverse. I believe that these shows shouldn't be as sick as Gossip Girl.

I am strongly against this idea.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
How is it sick? They're not related, they're both technically only a few years old, and they didn't grow up being 'as close as siblings'? I honestly don't see the 'sick' part of the pairing.

I do personally think it's a lazy pairing, though - "Oh, their 'parents' (sort of in Buffy's case) were in love? And they're the same age, sorta? Why not pair them up!" Meh.

W

WillowFromBuffy

First date: Connor and Cordelia chop up Dawn with a meat cleaver to bring forth the anti-Christ.

I'm not on board.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
I don't see what they are supposed to share in common. Sometimes it seems the only reason people offer them as a ship in the first place is because people find them both annoying and melodramatic and that they are the youngest people on each show. Beyond that though I don't really see what it is between them that is supposed to be the basis for a relationship.

Ceadsearc03

Potential
I don’t see why it would be weird. Even if Bangel got back together. Buffy isn’t Dawn’s mom. I know she took over that role eventually, but they didn’t grow up like that and Connor and Dawn didn’t grow up together at all.

Whether they have anything in common is a different story, and I could certainly see it being awkward if the 4 of them were all hanging out together. But in terms of icky or incestuous, I don’t see it at all.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
It would seem a bit like cut price Bangel

The writers can't allow actual Bangel to be together so they go for Angel's son and Buffy's sister instead.

Top Bottom