• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Most Underrated Ships?

Mylie

Scooby
I'm glad I'm not the only one! It makes no sense to me outside the realm of 'two hot chicks making out turns people on'.
I think that is extremely simplistic. They do have a complex history together and it's not like it's a totally out of nowhere thing to ship characters who have a love/hate relationship together.

God, I miss thetopher in times like these. I'm really not eloquent enough to defend this ship like it deserves to.

But I guess it doesn't make sense to you like other ships don't make sense to me so I get it. It's just... I don't ship Fuffy at all because they're 2 hot chicks. I mean they are... but they are so much more than that!

Blaze
Blaze
thetopher needs to come back!
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Indeed he does!

TriBel

Scooby
Is it only me who thinks Robin Hood every time some says his name?
No - you're not alone. I thought it was a deliberate play. It works if you consider the fact he's a secret hero who takes the side of the "friend-poor" Faith against the "friend-rich" Buffy. However, it appears he's named after this guy (below) - Robin Wood, the film theorist. This RW was one of the leading authorities on Hitchcock and I think the naming is partly a reference to Hitchcockian suspense and partly a reference to the fact we should be reading S7 as "film" or a visual text (I think this is key to 7 - it opens the season up to a radical reading). Wood helped shape Film Studies as an academic discipline. This is the opening line from his first book: 'Why should we take Hitchcock seriously? It is a pity the question has to be raised. If the cinema were truly regarded as an autonomous art, not as a mere adjunct of the novel or the drama – if we were able yet to see films instead of mentally reducing them to literature – it would be unnecessary." He's Canadian :). If your country didn't devote so much space to trees and bears you might have bumped into him! :rolleyes::)

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
Is that you I see, behind the tree?

TriBel

Scooby
@GoSpuffy - you do realise your "little box comment" scans don't you? And - for that reason I've just googled it to establish whether it was a literary allusion? :( It should be - even if it's to The Cat in the Hat. As it is - it's very profound. :)

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
Any brilliance on my part is usually just happenstance but thank you.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
I think that is extremely simplistic. They do have a complex history together and it's not like it's a totally out of nowhere thing to ship characters who have a love/hate relationship together.

God, I miss thetopher in times like these. I'm really not eloquent enough to defend this ship like it deserves to.

But I guess it doesn't make sense to you like other ships don't make sense to me so I get it. It's just... I don't ship Fuffy at all because they're 2 hot chicks. I mean they are... but they are so much more than that!
I have been here 10 years. I have read peoples thoughts on Faith and Buffy as a couple many, many times. This includes thetopher. My opinion holds tight. Actually, if anything I have felt even stronger that Faith and Buffy as a couple doesn't make sense. I'm open to hearing your opinions on why but I honestly don't think it would achieve much! I don't mind who people ship but it's unequivocally not for me and it makes me cringe. Give me Spangel anyday of the week!!!

Mylie

Scooby
I have been here 10 years. I have read peoples thoughts on Faith and Buffy as a couple many, many times. This includes thetopher. My opinion holds tight. Actually, if anything I have felt even stronger that Faith and Buffy as a couple doesn't make sense. I'm open to hearing your opinions on why but I honestly don't think it would achieve much! I don't mind who people ship but it's unequivocally not for me and it makes me cringe. Give me Spangel anyday of the week!!!
Fair enough, like I said there are ships I really don't get myself and Spangel is one of them so.

I wasn't hoping thetopher would make you "change your mind", I'm not here to make people change their mind. I simply miss him talking about the ship and feel ill-equipped to defend it as well as him. So it's not for you, it's for me.

Blaze
Blaze
No one will ever even come close to thetopher when it comes to defending Fuffy. I miss the guy

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I thought this thread was about canon romantic relationships...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! It makes no sense to me outside the realm of 'two hot chicks making out turns people on'.
But both shows are full of hot chicks. Literally in both shows all the cast members are very pretty people.
How simplistic to point out this one common thing and see 'yeah, this is the reason'. Nobody ships Buffy/Kendra now, do they?

I see plenty on non-canon ships that fall into this category; but Fuffy has never been one of them.

I don't mind who people ship but it's unequivocally not for me and it makes me cringe.
This is odd given nobody in this thread mentioned Faith/Buffy until one poster dragged the pairing in and specifically told people to stop shipping them and then you and everyone got negative.
It's not like some Fuffy-phile was waxing lyrical and you were telling them to stop.

It's a great relationship and criminally underrated in terms of potential. So yeah, under-rated ship even if we're talking friend-feels,. sexual tension or whatever.
But they share a destiny, that bigger than most canon-ships that we see on the show. Faith's journey literally foreshadows Buffy's later dark turn. The show specifically sets them up to have a deep connection.

But yeah, pretty. :p

Give me Spangel anyday of the week!!!
Now Spangel is truly shallow. I get it, two hot vampire guys who are always snarking at each other, close talking and fighting over girls. Not very subtle.
It doesn't make me want to puke though.

Anyway OT
Fred/Gunn
Giles/Jenny
Cordelia/Groo
Xander/Dawn
(in the comics)

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
I thought this thread was about canon romantic relationships...

But both shows are full of hot chicks. Literally in both shows all the cast members are very pretty people.
How simplistic to point out this one common thing and see 'yeah, this is the reason'. Nobody ships Buffy/Kendra now, do they?

I see plenty on non-canon ships that fall into this category; but Fuffy has never been one of them.

This is odd given nobody in this thread mentioned Faith/Buffy until one poster dragged the pairing in and specifically told people to stop shipping them and then you and everyone got negative.
It's not like some Fuffy-phile was waxing lyrical and you were telling them to stop.

It's a great relationship and criminally underrated in terms of potential. So yeah, under-rated ship even if we're talking friend-feels,. sexual tension or whatever.
But they share a destiny, that bigger than most canon-ships that we see on the show. Faith's journey literally foreshadows Buffy's later dark turn. The show specifically sets them up to have a deep connection.

But yeah, pretty. :p

Now Spangel is truly shallow. I get it, two hot vampire guys who are always snarking at each other, close talking and fighting over girls. Not very subtle.
It doesn't make me want to puke though.

Anyway OT
Fred/Gunn
Giles/Jenny
Cordelia/Groo
Xander/Dawn
(in the comics)
Sorry that my opinion upset you so much, we all view things in different ways and I have found it best not to take things so personally when someone views something differently to you.

thetopher
thetopher
It was that it was off-topic and that the view was expressed so negatively. But I'm over it.

katmobile

Scooby
I too really like the Dander ship of the comics and there's text to support a growing affinity in late season six and season seven.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
I disagree about Season 6 because of Xander referring to Spike as a "thing", then there was the AR.....

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I like Cluffy and Clawn. That's right, Clem with Buffy and Clem with Dawn. Hw respects both of them and never takes advantage of either of them (big + over some of the more popular ships) and he is one of the few characters without a death toll. Surely that's got to count for something. And he has reformed from eating those delicious kittens.

Top Bottom