• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Most Underrated Ships?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I like Cluffy and Clawn. That's right, Clem with Buffy and Clem with Dawn. Hw respects both of them and never takes advantage of either of them (big + over some of the more popular ships) and he is one of the few characters without a death toll. Surely that's got to count for something. And he has reformed from eating those delicious kittens.
Clawn is a no for me (as is Dander and any other Dawn Ship) because I just see her as Season 5 Dawn in my mind. Even though she matures in Season 7, it just seems so wrong to ship her with anyone outside of her age range.

Cluffy is a slight odd one in that I ship them in a certain way but not in a general sense. In my view Cluffy would take the place of Spuffy in Season 6, only it wouldn't be so unhealthy for either participant. Essentially Buffy would be using Clem so she could feel something and Clem would have genuine feelings for her which makes Buffy feel bad because she is literally just using him and makes her feel like a horrible person because he's such a nice guy. Also the fact that he's a demon plays a part in that she knows she shouldn't because she's the slayer in the same way she shouldn't have slept with Spike because he's a soulless vampire. Where Cluffy causes misery for Buffy isn't from Clem, but from Spike who finds out about the relationship and starts blackmailing Buffy over it. This puts even more pressure on a cash strapped Buffy who is already facing financial difficulties. Eventually Buffy breaks down to Tara about what's been going on and Tara takes it upon herself to deal with Spike. She makes a deal with Spike that she will give him a one-off payment of a considerably larger sum if he keeps his mouth shut and stops blackmailing Buffy for good. Spike agrees because Tara points out that he is risking his friendship with Clem by blackmailing Buffy and that if he takes Tara's offer than he gets to keep both the cash and his friendship. Unfortunately, when Tara hands over the cash to Spike (at a slightly later date because she had to get the money together), Willow spots the two of them and fears Tara is in trouble with Spike.

Willow confides this to Buffy and Xander which of course causes Buffy to panic because both Tara and Spike know her secret and Willow is starting to pry to try and find out what's going on. Buffy tells Tara she can't let her pay off Spike but Tara says that its already done and just to consider it as a loan that Buffy pays back when she can (this helps Buffy because it means Spike is off her back and she's not got interest rates to pay). Willow starts to quiz Tara on what she paid money for and she's evasive because she's a terrible liar. This concerns Willow even more etc. Eventually the whole truth comes out. Spike suffers the consequences of his actions when Clem finds out the truth and ends their friendship, Buffy starts avoiding her friends out of shame, Willow and Tara have a discussion where Willow is glad that Tara's not in trouble and Tara explains that she wanted to tell Willow what was going on but it wasn't her place to say. Xander and Anya are also having a discussion where Xander is being quite judgemental because he's still trying to get his head around the revelations whilst Anya is the one who calls him on his hypocrisy because of the fact that she used to be a demon and he's in a relationship with her etc.

Basically Cluffy causes a ripple effect which impacts the other characters. The scoobies try to rally round Buffy and support her, realising she's not been coping well after her resurrection, Xander's black and white views in regards to demons are challenged by Anya who sees nothing wrong with Cluffy, Willow and Tara agree to be more honest with each other, Spike is majorly in the dog house with Clem over his behaviour so has to try and make amends which includes paying back the money he took from Buffy (Clem paid it all back so now Spike has to pay Clem back). By the end of it all, Buffy and Clem agree to just be friends and Season 6 would end on a more upbeat note.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
I vote for Angel/Darla. They were an interesting couple with a long, complicated history and I wish we'd have seen more of their past. I do believe Darla thought she loved Angel, and seeing him cursed and ensouled was genuinely painful for her.

Runner-up goes to Angel/Spike. I'd kill for more flashback scenes with the two of them.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Fred and Gunn definitely. But I also feels Xanya is a bit underrated at times, perhaps because of how it ended, but maybe also because its actually a very long lasting, serious, and mostly happy, relationship so they get taken a bit for granted.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I think Sprusilla are underrated. They were in a loving relationship for over a century, they made each other happy and they took care of each other when one of them was sick/injured.

Top Bottom