• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Recommended Buffyverse Podcasts 2

The Ferg

Scooby
Does anyone know of a podcast that goes on to read the comics after the show is over? I haven't found one yet, but man that would be awesome.

Side note: I have listened to all of Buffy Back Issue Bin.

sosa lola

Scooby
I'm a big fan of Pop Culture Role Call. It has 3 host, and each only watches from the perspective of 1 character. It's a really unique take on the show, and makes for some super entertaining moments.
I'm enjoying it, too. But it can be too frustrating sometimes. The Xander guy doesn't know how to defend Xander and argue his case when the other two are upset with him. It was very apparent in the Prophecy Girl podcast.

Mylie

Scooby
I'm listening to Buffering's interview with James Marsters and it's very fun! I haven't listened to many interviews of him though so I don't know how much new stuff there is said in it.

It's amazing how much he loves talking about Spike and his time on the show.

Taake
Taake
I'm impressed they got him to come on the show!

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
I listen to a million Buffy podcasts but my favorite is probably Welcome to the Hellmouth. The hosts are so funny and they have incredible chemistry. They're currently on season 7 and afterwards they plan to do a summary of the first four seasons of Angel before jumping into season 5. I definitely would have listened to them cover Angel all the way through but I'll take what I can get.

Mylie

Scooby
I listen to a million Buffy podcasts but my favorite is probably Welcome to the Hellmouth. The hosts are so funny and they have incredible chemistry. They're currently on season 7 and afterwards they plan to do a summary of the first four seasons of Angel before jumping into season 5. I definitely would have listened to them cover Angel all the way through but I'll take what I can get.
Are they planning on devoting 1 episode for 4 whole seasons or? Because that would be ridiculous... but very telling I guess.

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
Are they planning on devoting 1 episode for 4 whole seasons or? Because that would be ridiculous... but very telling I guess.
They explained it in one of their podcasts that they're probably devoting one podcast episode per season before they get to season 5.

Also, the tone of the podcast itself is really ridiculous which it what makes it fun for me. So anybody who is looking for some deep serious analysis of the show probably would not enjoy this.

Mylie
Mylie
1 episode per season sounds more reasonable. I'll check it out because I've never heard of them before. I'm intrigued.

Btvs fan

Scooby
Just listened to the Buffering interview with Jeff and Sophia. They pretty much destroyed the claims by Sarah or James saying they did there own stunts. They are literally asked if it's true and they say no.
It's also believable as they were told they weren't allowed to put the actors in danger or at risk.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Just listened to the Buffering interview with Jeff and Sophia. They pretty much destroyed the claims by Sarah or James saying they did there own stunts. They are literally asked if it's true and they say no.
I'd take this with a massive pinch of salt. There's a lot of bad blood between these two people and the Buffy show in general/ SMG in particular. There's a rather infamous 'fable' that Pruit wrote about a 'princess' that refers to his time on the show. He was clearly very bitter about how he lost his job.
Not saying that they're lying exactly but some actors were allowed to do some stuntwork themselves.
In fact Eliza has stated that when she came on and starting doing some of her own physical work/fight scenes (she loves that stuff apparently) that made Sarah want to get more involved too. So at least in S3 there's definitely more Sarah involvment.

Btvs fan

Scooby
I'd take this with a massive pinch of salt. There's a lot of bad blood between these two people and the Buffy show in general/ SMG in particular. There's a rather infamous 'fable' that Pruit wrote about a 'princess' that refers to his time on the show. He was clearly very bitter about how he lost his job.
Not saying that they're lying exactly but some actors were allowed to do some stuntwork themselves.
In fact Eliza has stated that when she came on and starting doing some of her own physical work/fight scenes (she loves that stuff apparently) that made Sarah want to get more involved too. So at least in S3 there's definitely more Sarah involvment.
I don't think it was down to bitterness. They were asked directly in relation to what James said about doing his own stunts in a previous podcast interview. Sophia answered and gave a clear No. Ie regards Sarah they said they were told to protect her and as she is the star that rings true
Also Sarah claiming she does her own stunts when it's obvious Buffy literally grows in height during fight scenes is just ridiculous

thetopher
thetopher
Don't know about James, his SD is fairly obvious. Sarah does 'some' of her own stunts but not sure how much.

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
Fire Bad Tree Pretty is an AMAZING Buffy Podcast. It's really funny, and they are going through the whole show. It has a lot of interesting segments, and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Just joined the forums like ten seconds ago, but can't resist posting a little self promotion... 🤗

I do a podcast called Bbuffy Virgin. The show is four of us who were friends back when the show was on the air -- threw of us were fans and one refused to watch until now. We're watching the whole show (now onto season 5 after a few years).

Check it out: www.buffyvirgin.com

My current favorites are Slayerfest98 and Buffering the Vampire Slayer. For those of you that have listened to Buffering, what is one of your favorite episode songs. I love their Drusilla Jingle and I really liked their song for Living Conditions. Even if you don't listen to the podcast I would recommend looking them up on spotify and listening to their episode songs. They are pretty fun!

GaviGrimm

Slayer: She who hangs out a lot in cemeteries.
I really REALLY enjoyed Hush: A Buffy Podcast but I don't know if they cancelled the show or if it's on hiatus for a little bit. They got through half of season 2 and it just stopped.

Mylie

Scooby
My current favorites are Slayerfest98 and Buffering the Vampire Slayer. For those of you that have listened to Buffering, what is one of your favorite episode songs. I love their Drusilla Jingle and I really liked their song for Living Conditions. Even if you don't listen to the podcast I would recommend looking them up on spotify and listening to their episode songs. They are pretty fun!
I'm very partial to all of their s2 Angelus arc songs (especially Surprise, Innocence and Passion) but also I find Hush to be their best and most impressive song so far.

I agree their Drusilla jingle is awesome.

GaviGrimm

Slayer: She who hangs out a lot in cemeteries.
I'm very partial to all of their s2 Angelus arc songs (especially Surprise, Innocence and Passion) but also I find Hush to be their best and most impressive song so far.

I agree their Drusilla jingle is awesome.
They make music? I must have read over that earlier. Now I'm more intrigued!

Mylie

Scooby
They make music? I must have read over that earlier. Now I'm more intrigued!
Yes, they end every episode with a recap song written and performed (usually, sometimes they bring in new singers to perform other characters) by Jenny Owen Youngs (one of the 2 hosts is a musician). It's really great.

GaviGrimm
GaviGrimm
That sounds really great. I'm sold!
Top Bottom