• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Gunn Chronicles

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Cho -Ahn walked up the the roof needing to tell them both something not wanting to wait any longer since she had waited too long already .

Getting to the roof with Willow behind her so she didnt have to tell her to later & getting up there they heard what Faith & Charles were saying . Cho -Ahn started getting a little nervous but Willow took her hand & Cho-Ahn relaxed a bit before walking up to them” I got something I need to tell you all . I should have told you yesterday but I didnt want to before thinking about it but now I know I need to be more up front with you so I brought Willow with me so you all can hear me out at the same time & I sorry about taking so long to tell you all “ Cho -Ahn said looking a little guilty .

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Willow spoke up looking at Gunn “ Charles I just want you to know I except you to trust me just like I trust you . And part of that trust is not giving me a attitude. I was worried about you since all magical things have a cost . You could have just told me that & left the rest unsaid . You need to know you not alone so you dont have to take all the burden on your self . I could have healed you this morning just like I did Cho-Ahn . The only reason I didnt last night was because I was worn out from fighting Mary so was going to wait until I had a night sleep since you seemed fine . Remember that next time you spout off “ she said giving him a look . “ Everything cool now ok ? “ she then told Charles .

Willow then looked at Faith “ Funny you said you had a Slayer dream with Buffy in it since Buffy had a Slayer dream with you in it & it really freaked her out . I need to talk to you about it in private since I dont think you want everyone to hear what I going to tell you . And before you say you trust them what I have to tell you is personal . The only reason Buffy told me is she my best friend & it still took a number of hours to tell me ok ?” she told Faith . “And I told you before there wasn’t supposed go be only one . If that the case then Kendal wouldn’t have been called since Buffy wasn’t really dead . And as further proof after Kendal died you were called . If there can be only one then you wouldnt have been called . It the Watchers fault . They never cared about the Slayers so didnt try & bring them back which led to the idea there can be only one” she finished with looking into Faith eyes .

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Cho -Ahn nodded & rubbed her hands toghter a few times “ I just tell you my dream & we go from there ok “ she said before telling them her Slayer dream .

SLAYER DREAM.

Cho-Ahn got off the bed she had been sleeping on & looked around. She was in one of the rooms she sleep in while she was in Chinatown.

"Hi Cho " she heard in a soft voice she knew very well in spite of not hearing it a lot.

"Chloe? " she said shocked ."How can it be you " she said looking at her smiling back at her.

"I had a feeling you knew English what with the way you reacted to the others there" she said taking Cho hands in hers.

"I sorry for..." she started to say before Chloe gave her a brief kiss.

"That's all right I'm not mad at you" she said with another smile.

"Wh...at are you doing here "Cho said almost stuttering.

"This is a Slayer dream "Chloe said back. "And I was allowed to come here & tell you it for all the good it do for you"
she said sitting on the bed & pulling Cho down to so they were sitting close to each other.

"I never had one before " Cho said.

"Well then this is your first " Chloe said smiling.

Cho's smile faded. "I never got to say goodbye...."

"I know, but I couldn't take it any more"

"Willow & Kennedy, they drove you to it...I will never forgive them!" Cho shouted starting to rise to her feet.

Cloe shook her head & squeezed Cho's hand pulling her back down.
"It wasn't them, though Ken was a bitch don't get me wrong, but they were not to blame....It was my mother,
she came to me that night. Part of me knew it was The First but it was so real...I just wanted to be with her again......"
They just stared at each other for a moment. Then Chloe sat up straight, her face concerned.

"Look I don't know how much time I've got. I came to warn you of a great evil that is watching you & the group you are with.
They are an alliance of Demons & men of great power. They know who you are & what you can do & they mean to stop you."

"Who, who are they?"

"I cannot name them" she looked worriedly over her shoulder. "For if I did they would know I was here & destroy me"

"I wont let that happen....how do we fight them?"

"you cannot fight them, they are out of your reach for now, their agents of evil hold back though...."
Chloe paused for a moment as if hearing another voice in her head, then she frowned.
"There is another evil in play, a great power that has slipped back into your world. Though he is not under their control
they wait to see if he will do what they desire & destroy your band of heroes."

Cho closed her eyes & let out a long sigh. "Can we kill this one then?"

"Yes, and you must do it soon. The forcing through into this reality has left him weak, & his mind clouded, but when he regains
his strength he will remember, & will kill any who get in his way on his path to vengeance on those who destroyed him before."

"How do we find him?"

"Seek out one called Cordelia. I met her on the Ghost roads, but it seems she lives again....she knows the shell where the Evil hides"

"I've heard that name....I'm sure Buffy mentioned....Wait, what did you say?"

Cloe looked over her shoulder again. When she looked back her eyes were filled with sadness.
"I have to go now. Be careful Cho. Find Cordelia....Willow will know what to do...She'll help you...."

Cho gripped her hand tighter & shook her head, tears forming "Don't go....why can't you stay?

Chloe smiled. "I have to, & you need to wake up...."
She leant forward & gently kissed Cho on the cheek. "Remember me" she whispered as everything went white......

END SLAYER DREAM TELLING .

Cho sniffled a few times trying to get her self bsck toghter after saying all that .
“ I heard Slayer dreams are crypted but mine wasnt “ she said looking at Faith . “I guess Chloe didnt want to lie to me so she told it to me straight . The only thing she didnt tell me was the name of the evil organization & I can understand that . In Harry Potter they were afraid to say the big bad name since that could call him to them & since we on ground zero here I can see why “ she said looking at Faith still .

Cho-Ahn then looked at Gun “ You don’t need to get me any clothes Gunn . I got a lot of jewerly I taken from Vampires so I just find a few pawn shop & use the money I get to buy some more clothes ok “ she said .

Also this will give me a chance to see Eve again & tell her everything that went down yesterday & thank her “ Cho thought keeping her hand away from her amulet .

Cordeliagirl
Cordeliagirl
Nice one

Cordeliagirl

Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.
Sineya
Cordelia get up and went back to the hotel and order herself a lunch. Cordelia order a cheese sandwich, and water and eat her lunch and drink water, and went to the couch. Cordelia Say i hope Chole tell her friend Choa about me. I wish i was back in sunnydale.
(@Athena , can you merge this post with my other post?, please)

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
"Sunnydale...!" The handsome young wizard exclaimed aloud.

"That was it... that was the name. You beautiful woman you... you brought me back." The young wizard said in an appreciative tone as he smiled broadly.

"See sometimes when we skip dimensions, we can lose ourselves. Your body is over here, your mind over here. It's all very troublesome."

"But you know what they say, can't make an omelette..." He stopped all together seemingly not realizing that there was another half to the statement. He sauntered over to the couch near Cordelia, and sat down quickly. From his pocket he pulled out a little scratch pad with some odd insignia on it.

"Ok... lets' see. Your name is Cordelia, and you used to run with a crew of miscreants back in Sunnydale. But your also a princess, and an amazon, and you handle yourself like a fighter." He chipped in happily. He then scribbled down another word that looked like gibberish.

"And... and... and..."

"My name... is Meier."

"No... that can't be right. Major. No. Darn it I had it before."

He scribbled wildly.

"It's all still a jumble. So frustrating..." He said leaning back and putting the pad down in frustration. The words..."Human blood" "Hellmouth Survivor"..."cross dimensional transference"..."Idols of Hecate" were written again and again. Suddenly he popped up to stand in front of her.

"Cordelia. I have to thank you. Your kindness and patience will not go unrewarded. Listen, I'm making a plan, and I want your help."

"I need you to be on my team. Together we could be pretty incredible. You see, I've been thinking." He said putting his leg up on a chair.

"How can I do the world the most good? That's when it hit me like a bolt from the blue. We need to be in charge. Once were in charge we can make the world a better place. Now, I know what your thinking...scary plan, dangerous, maybe it's too ambitious." He said pacing a bit, his words coming fast and loose.

"That's where you come in. See one person can't have all the power, he's got to share it with someone. Plus I can't unlock the power without the perfect woman, which you just happen to be. You've got all the qualifications." He said smiling with a toothy grin.

"This is a big decision, I know. Absolute power and all that. But think about it, if someone has to have power shouldn't it be us? Think how much good we could do?"

"Alright, you think it over... and I'll be back. Have to get the ingredients for the ritual...so exciting! Oh, and we're out of Almond Milk. Bye!" He left in hurry, the door almost slamming behind him.

---

"You need to know you not alone so you don't have to take all the burden on your self . I could have healed you this morning just like I did Cho-Ahn. The only reason I didn't last night was because I was worn out from fighting Mary so was going to wait until I had a night sleep since you seemed fine . Remember that next time you spout off ."

"Spout-?" Gunn almost responded, but then he realized she was right. Maybe not about getting healed... but he did tend to rely upon himself too much when things were rough. A habit he'd never really gotten over. If they were a team he need to rely on them more. He swallowed his response.

“Everything cool now ok?“

Willow's retort was straightforward, and pointed. He could see why Buffy had relied upon this woman. He had to admit, she had a point, though he didn't say it out loud. He simply nodded, acknowledging that he needed her help. Sometimes more words weren't the solution, and so he excused himself to the roof to think.

---

After Faith spoke to him about slayer dreams, he saw Cho approaching them. She looked worried, more than usual at least.

“I just tell you my dream and we go from there ok“, Cho Ahn volunteered.

As Cho Ahn spoke, Gunn listened intently. If what Faith said was true, the dream could lead them to figure out what was coming, or who.

Gunn sat for a moment a little stunned by Cho Ahn's recounting.

"That's... one hell of a dream." Gunn said his mind reeling. Cordelia? A great evil at play... a large fight to come.

"Cordelia... she's gone. Angel said she was-" Gunn thought out loud. Angel hadn't been specific on what had happened. He'd just said she was gone.

"So...how do we find her? I mean, it's a big city. I'm open to suggestions?" He said turning to look at the vista from the roof.

Cordeliagirl

Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.
Sineya
Cordelia say stay away from me, and im fine. Cordelia went downstairs have a dinner and eat her dinner and went to her bedroom and pack her things before she leave and she say if you touch me, this necklace will burn and hurt you. Cordelia shout other door and went to other bedroom.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Faith heard footsteps approaching & turned to see Cho & Willow approaching hand in hand.

Whoa....you didn't waste any time moving in on Red.

She raised an eyebrow & smiled slightly but said nothing.

Willow then started calling out Gunn about some magic use so she let her mind wander back to the dream she had shared with Buffy trying to remember some of the details. As if she had read her thoughts Willow suddenly turned to look straight at her.....

"Funny you said you had a Slayer dream with Buffy in it since Buffy had a Slayer dream with you in it & it really freaked her out."
"I need to talk to you about it in private since I don't think you want everyone to hear what I'm going to tell you."
"The only reason Buffy told me is she my best friend & it still took a number of hours to tell me, ok?"

Faith froze. The news that Buffy had dreamed about Faith was interesting to say the least...and it obviously wasn't the shared Slayer kind of dream or she would have remembered it. But the fact she had told Willow about it totally freaked her out. It took all her willpower not to turn & run. Instead she just stood there like a fox caught in headlights. She has no idea what to say that wouldn't make her sound terrified of what Buffy might have told her...

Probably because I am frickin scared!

She was saved by Cho quietly beginning to recount her dream, but even though Willow seemed to be listening intently to what Cho was saying she kept furtively glancing over at Faith when she thought she wasn't looking....something that didn't help her feeling of impending doom.
There was silence when she finished speaking while everyone took in what Cloe had told her in the dream. Some of it sounded eerily similar to what Buffy had told her in her recent dream. Too similar to ignore! Cho finally broke the silence, turning to Faith with a questioning look.

"I heard Slayer dreams are cryptic but mine wasn't." "I guess Chloe didn't want to lie to me so she told it to me straight."

Faith shrugged & tilted her head to the side slightly.

"Hey I don't claim to even begin to understand how these dream thing work. All I know is that all the ones I've shared with B have been cryptic as hell....and that's when I've been handing out the lowdown. Half the time I had no control over what I said, the words just appeared in my head & I repeated them to Buffy.

Gunn spoke up now as he looked out over the city.

"So...how do we find her? I mean, it's a big city. I'm open to suggestions?"

Faith came & stood beside him following his gaze out over the rooftops.

"Like I said, the stuff B gave me in my dream was cryptic as shit. Something about an Olivecan in the Hall of the High One that's hiding in a shell of Magic. But she also said something about 'The one Reborn not being able to see his true form'. Didn't say it was Cordy, which is odd if it is her, but it's too much of a co-incidence to ignore...."

"Oh, and when I asked her about our little white haired friend Fantome she said he's just a disguise worn by another....what ever that means?"

"It certainly sounds like we need to talk to Cordy...... So, if she's been reborn or whatever where would she go? To Angel's place?"

She glance across to see him frowning, seemingly deep in thought.......

ChaseRules

Sineya
Cho spoke up looking at Gunn . “I got the feeling she living somewhere in LA “ she told him . “You know a lot more about this “ Cordy ?” she said looking at him . “Any clues on where she might hide out . It must be pretty big since this other creature is there with her but this being LA there a lot of places out there that they could be staying at . Any ideas O Wise Leader “ she said with a smirk before sitting down & pulling out some jewelry started polishing it .

Willow walked up to Faith & went to place her hand on Faith shoulder but stopped & dropped her hand . “You want to meet me later since I don't think you want everyone to hear what I need to say . I will tell you that Buffy nervous over why you left . She thinks she drove you away & it ……...” Willow said before stopping . “That another thing I need to talk to you about even thought Buffy should but she thinks you won't now after what happened So I need to talk to you before she goes off from not knowing “ Willow said in Faith mind using magic so no no else could hear them .

Willow looked over at Gunn & told him in a clear voice “ I could use magic to find Cordy but then people will know I looking for someone so if you want to keep it quite we need to not use magic “ she told Gunn.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
The only other place in LA Faith knew about was Angel's new place at that creepy Law firm & she was pretty certain Tall Dark & forehead would have mentioned it if Queen C had turned up alive again there. Lets face it, she was going to be no help finding her, she just needed to be ready to haul ass when the Brain Trust came up with an address.
She was about to go & maybe score another beer when she sensed someone moving up behind her. Turning, she saw Willow standing there looking pensive.

"You want to meet me later since I don't think you want everyone to hear what I need to say. I will tell you that Buffy is nervous over why you left. She thinks she drove you away & it......"

She paused & her eyes flicked over to where Cho stood talking to Gunn.

That another thing I need to talk to you about, even though Buffy should, but she thinks you won't now after what happened, So I need to talk to you before she goes off from not knowing.

Faith flinched & took a step backwards. Willows mouth wasn't moving & her voice seemed to be coming from inside her head.

Ugh! I'll never get used to Red's magic tricks.

Once the surprise wore off the impact of what she had said struck home....she shut her eyes & sighed.

Buffy told Red she thinks she drove me away? Oh that's just great! I come all the way to LA to avoid all the awkward shit after I screwed up again & now she sends Red to lay a guilt trip on me by saying she thinks it was her. I really don't need this right now.......

She bit down the urge to tell Willow to stay out of it & managed a weak smile. But Willow wasn't looking at her any more, she had moved over to where Gunn stood staring out over the city.

"I could use magic to find Cordy but then people will know I looking for someone, so if you want to keep it quiet we need to not use magic."

Faith just stood there silently hoping the hunt for Cordy would keep Willow occupied long enough for her to forget about whatever Buffy had told her.....but she had a nasty feeling she wasn't going to get off that easy. Life had never missed a chance to bite her in the ass before....why should that change now?

ChaseRules

Sineya
TIME SKIP.

Cho-Ahn walked to the street corner that Eve had told her to wait by & stood there there . Only a few minutes later Eve pulled up in a black car . The door popped up & Eve looked at her with a smile “ Get in “ she said waving her hand . “And don't worry if you get anything on the seat “ she then said . Cho climbed in & lay back in the seat . " That feels so good “ Cho -Ahn then said . “It been a busy couple of days “ she said closing her eyes .

“I thought so so I taking you to a place where we can have massages to help you relax . That after you you take a shower so we be clean when we do it & after that I treating you to lunch before heading back to my place where you can tell me everything that happened “ she said while still driving . “And I got you a bunch of clothes -second hand as well as the bag so nobody will ask any questions “ Eve told Cho-Ahn . “Great & thanks for the amulet since it saved my life &^ I sold of the bling for 400 bucks “ she told Eve back as they pulled up to the spa .”How much do I owe you ?” she asked Eve . “I told you before I don't want your money so keep it “ Eve said as she turned off the car . “Now we not talking about work until we back at my place “ she said getting out of the car & when Cho got out locked it & walked with her into the spa .

Willow walked into Faith room casting a spell . “There now no one can come in or hear us Faith “ she said before sitting on a chair a foot away from Faith “ Buffy wanted me to tell you & these are her exact worlds “"I wasn't ready for you not to be here " and after that she looked so lost . What did she mean Faith “ Willow asked but didn't give her a chance to speak .”I was going to be mad at you but Buffy said it wasn't you fault . You did nothing wrong & it was all her fault “ Willow then said . “What did you do to make her so sad & why did you run away . I thought you & Buffy were friends now so why did you leave & why is Buffy so quite when ever anyone asks about you “ Willow said getting louder . “I her best friend but all she will say is it not you fault & she hopes you forgive her so what up Faith “ she finished snapping her mouth shut breathing hard though her nose .

“Sorry about blowing up on you Faith but I just worried over how Buffy acting & you the only one who knows why “ Willow said softy looking at the floor & then back at Faith confused & puzzled.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Willow followed Faith into the room, as she did so she waved a hand & said something Faith didn't understand, which probably meant she was casting a spell.

"There now no one can come in or hear us Faith" She said before sitting down.

Faith froze. She had been trying to avoid whatever it was Willow had to say, hoping the hunt for Cordy would keep her mind occupied for a while at least. But now she was trapped. She was under no illusion that the spell the Witch had cast to keep the others out wasn't also there to prevent her from leaving.....

"Buffy wanted me to tell you, & these are her exact worlds, I wasn't ready for you not to be here! And after that she looked so lost. What did she mean Faith?"

She shut her eyes. Normally when someone put her on the spot like this she fell back on one of two options, either physical violence or bail.....depending on who it was. Only this time she couldn't run and attacking Willow was not an option....she wasn't that person any more....besides, she had seen how powerful Willow had become, if she raised a hand to her she would probably find herself floating in space or turned into a shrimp or something.
Before she could think of a response Willow continued.....

"I was going to be mad at you but Buffy said it wasn't your fault. You did nothing wrong & it was all her fault. What did you do to make her so sad & why did you run away?"
"I thought you & Buffy were friends now so why did you leave & why is Buffy so quiet whenever anyone asks about you?"

Faith felt sick. She hadn't felt so helpless since she faced that monster Kakistos....and then Buffy had been there for her.....
But Willow wasn't finished & her voice was getting louder.

"I'm her best friend but all she will say is it not your fault & she hopes you forgive her so what's up Faith?"

She had really worked herself up & now stood there breathing heavily, but after a moment let out a long sigh & looked down at her feet.
Then she added softly.

"Sorry about blowing up on you Faith but I'm just worried over how Buffy is acting & you're the only one who knows why...."

Faith just stood there for a moment, she could hear her heartbeat pounding out a frantic rhythm and the Slayer within her was desperate for release. But there was nothing she could do, she clenched & unclenched her fists as she fought it down & tried to calm herself.
Finally she spoke.....

"Look Red, me & B are, complicated. There was only ever meant to be one of us you see. That's why we can never seem to exist in the same space without friction. God knows why all those hundreds of wannabee's you created haven't made it a million times worse?"

She ran her hand through her hair & pulled a face.

"I don't know. We've tried to just be friends but whenever we're together there's always tension. Always the expectation that at any moment I'm going to screw up again & ruin everything. I know she tries not to feel like that but she can't help it, I've let her down too many times for her not to."

"So what happened?" Said Willow gently.

Faith closed her eyes & let out a breath she hadn't even realised she was holding.

"Lets just say there was a misunderstanding. B said something & I reacted. Same old dance, different music. So I figured it would be better for all concerned if I put a little space between us."

Willow started to speak but Faith cut her off.

"Look, being best buds with me was just one of Buffy's pet projects that didn't work out. You know how she hates to fail at anything. She'll get over it, then you two can get on with saving the world together again...."

Faith tried her best to sound casual, but couldn't keep a slight tone of regret from creeping into her voice as she spoke.
On seeing Willow about to speak again she held up a hand.

"Just give it a while. Some new apocalypse will come along & Buffy will go back to doing what she does best, being the hero. In the meantime we've got problems of our own to deal with so why don't we concentrate on that now huh?"

She hoped that by her tone & the look on her face that Willow would get the message that was all she intended saying on the matter & move on.
Willow for her part just stared at her for a moment, then finally seemed to come to a decision & nodded slightly.

"Good!" said Faith moving towards the door hoping that Willow's spell wouldn't sit her on her ass as she tried to leave. She was relieved when she grabbed the door handle & pulled & the door opened easily.
She left the room slowly, resisting the urge to run, & headed up onto the roof to be alone for a minute & get some air....

Buffy had managed to turn her world upside down, again....and it seems she didn't even have to be in the same State as her to do it!

"God my life sucks sometimes!" she told the city going on about it's business far below her.....

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
“Any clues on where she might hide out . It must be pretty big since this other creature is there with her but this being LA there a lot of places out there that they could be staying at . Any ideas O Wise Leader?" Cho Ahn asked.

Gunn listened as the ladies came up with plans, or at least the outline of a plan. As Cho-ahn left, and Willow and Faith seemed to leave in an oddly synchronized fashion... Gunn got back to the business he'd had his mind set on...how to find Cordy. The team wasn't completely jelled yet, and at times it seemed they weren't one at all, but that was nature of battling evil. They were of different minds, methods, skills, ways of seeing the world... that part sat just fine with him. It was the differences that made them powerful. Champions all...

'must be a Sunnydale thing'. Gunn thought to himself.

Wes often mused about how folks from Sunnydale seemed to have a 'ridiculous rate of paranormal proclivities'. This far along, Gunn had to agree. They always seemed to be in some intense mental drama, whereas Gunn was least interested. A part of it all, yet apart from it all... a perspective that had been at times troubling and confounding. But he was still here, still fighting... for whatever it was worth. He'd been to another dimension, twice, became a vampire... then got better. Each time his mind had been flayed, he sought out familiar surroundings. It was like a default mode for the 'dimensionally' distressed.

Gunn tried to put the equation together. If he was Cordy... come back from some hell dimension, where would he go? He looked to the distance at the roof of the Hyperion Hotel.

The Hyperion wasn't that far away, a few minutes drive. Boarded up after being purchased by a shell company. Gunn had suspected Angel had used funds from Wolfram & Hart during his tenure as demonically enhanced lawyer extraordinaire. He had thought to go back there earlier, but alone, it seemed like sacrilege. The thoughts of wandering down horror memory lane didn't appeal. But if it meant he could find Cordy...

It was then Faith returned. She seemed to almost not notice him, but he was sure that her razor sharp slayer senses new his heartbeat from her distance. He could tell just by her posture that she wasn't having the best of moments.

"God my life sucks sometimes!"

That erased all doubt. Gunn moved towards her slowly at first, his arms folded. He was nearly certain she was going to knock his head off, but it worth the risk.

"So...things no so great in Faithville?" He asked, leaning back on the ledge. She gave him a look, a mix between frustration and exasperation.

"Yeah... figured Willow would get at you at some point. Nothing like ol' friends to hit you where you live." Gunn said, knowingly. Willow must have given her an earful, just as she had with Gunn a moment before that. The redhead was good at shaking things up that was for sure.

"If it helps, I could grab her by the legs and you could give her a good pummeling." Gunn said jokingly, "Sure I might be fried like a chicken on sunday, but you could get some good licks in." He said imagining the fireworks that would be his inevitable demise. It was his way of being there, even just a little. Faith was a warrior, super powered sure, but there was a soul about her that felt familiar. They both were from places of damage, and they tried to never let it show. He couldn't change the world, but he could be there for her, in the tough moments.

"You're right about Cordy. Having crossed dimensions a few times, I always tend to go back to familiar surroundings." He motioned toward the Hyperion. "IT's not much, but it's a start." He said seeing what she'd think of the idea. "Let's say we leave the sorceress supreme to cool off and go scout it out?" Gunn offered.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Cho -Ahn walked back into the Building after having spent the last few hours with Eve . She was going to tell Eve what had happened to her when she saw her & how the amulet had saved her life or at least her mind but Eve had made her take a nice long bath/soak after she had gotten the massage which had really helped out before she told her anything . When Cho had gotten out & went looking for her with a bathrobe she had found out Eve had already gotten a number of change of clothes for her that were second hand so they would be easy to replace . And telling Eve everything she had taken Cho out to a nice restaurant so she was feeling nice & full. ‘ Eve the best “ she thought to her self away as she walked into her room & & dropped the worn duffel bag by her bed with a soft smile .

Willow had sat down for a few minutes thinking for a few minutes over what Faith had said & hadn't said. “First Buffy & now Faith . One of these days I going lock them away & not let them out until they get over liking/hiding from each other “ she said looking annoyed at what Faith had said/done.

Willow then got up & went looking for everyone “ Hey Charles “ she said when she saw him . Then looked at Faith “You can say whatever you want but we both know Buffy cares for you otherwise she wouldn't be worried about you . That the last world on it “ she thought to Faith . “I still a bit tired after fighting M so what up next “ she said almost falling into a chair & yawning .

Cho walked in . “I got everything I needed & I also sold off all the vampire bling I had on me as well “ she said walking up to Gunn . “Here half of it to help out “ she said dropping a wad of crumpled up & old bills of different numbers on the table next to him . “So what the game plan ?” she asked sitting down on a chair .

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
So...things not so great in Faithville?"

Gunn's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, she hadn't even noticed he was there.
No everything's peachy....It's just great being me. She thought bitterly but didn't answer.

Gunn nodded as if he had read her thoughts.
"Yeah... figured Willow would get at you at some point. Nothing like ol' friends to hit you where you live."
Yeah, but Willow's only landing the blows....the hits are coming from someone else.....

He smiled to himself & raised an eyebrow.
"If it helps, I could grab her by the legs and you could give her a good pummelling."
"Sure I might be fried like a chicken on Sunday, but you could get some good licks in."

Faith stared at him for a moment trying to figure out if he was being serious, but finally decided he was probably just trying to cheer her up or something. She was still trying to think of a smartass comment when the look on his face changed. Something dark had crossed his mind. It was only there for a moment but it was the look of someone who had Demons in their past...it was a look Faith knew all too well.

With a deep sigh he stood up straight & looked out over the City.
"You're right about Cordy. Having crossed dimensions a few times, I always tend to go back to familiar surroundings."
He motioned toward the Hyperion. "It's not much, but it's a start."
"Let's say we leave the sorceress supreme to cool off and go scout it out?"

Faith wasn't sure what he was talking about but the chance of some action sure beat sitting around doing nothing. She flexed her shoulder that was still recovering from the fight with Mary & nodded.

"Sure, could do with a road trip 'bout now."

He led the way down from the roof & they went back into his office to collect some weapons. But before they could make their escape Willow wandered in looking suspiciously at the weapons they held.

"Hey Charles," She said cheerily, then looked at Faith.
You can say whatever you want but we both know Buffy cares for you otherwise she wouldn't be so worried about you. That's the last word on it.

Faith wasn't sure what wigged her out more, the Witch speaking directly into her mind again or what she said about Buffy...it took all of her experience of building walls to hide behind to prevent the others seeing how rattled she was.

But Willow wasn't looking at her any more. She flopped down in a chair & looked over at Gunn.
"I'm still a bit tired after fighting M, so what's up next?"

Before Gunn could answer Cho walked in & threw a wad of money onto the table.
"So what's the game plan?" She asked sitting down on the last available chair.

Gunn glanced across at Faith with a wry smile....Their scouting mission had just become a team affair....

ChaseRules

Sineya
Cho -Ahn looked around at everyone after she dropped the money off. "Don't everyone go for it at the same time. I just though i chip in a little bit and if either of you people have anything you need pawned let me know since i got a good rapport with the pawn shop owners i sell too . They all know the people i get the items from ain't going to complain & since i look harmless they don't think i took it from them & sure a previous owner might have something but in the pawn shop business that a given " she said looking at Faith & Gunn ." I think that you Faith might agree with what i said about Vampires in that since after you kill a vampire they nicely turn to dust so you don't have to get rid of anything but you do have to disable them first .I found out that if you tear the finger off first them it turns to dust but leaves the ring alone & as for necklace if you grab then & pull at the same time the necklace come through all right " she said before seeing everyone looking at her looks at the coke can in her hand & takes a long sip.

"Do you want me to come along with you or should i stay here since it doesn't seem that dangerous . Of course i come along with you if you want to Gunn i just though i ask since i don't want to step on your toes even thought you really needed my help last time & i thinking i should go but if there any magic their me going might alert the people there who are waiting & i babbling right " Willow said finally running out of breath as she looks at everyone .

"So what the plan Gunn since you know this place a lot better then i do " Cho Ahn said . "The only time i left China Town was sell off stuff & that was only every couple of weeks " she said giving Gunn a look . " An after what happened last time i for one think we need a plan because i got beat up because i didn't have one so i stepping back & asking for one " .

Willow looks over at Faith "If i stay back here you will look out for Cho right ??? " she said in Faith mind sounding worried asking Faith & almost telling her at the same time .

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Faith zoned out while Cho was talking about taking stuff from Vampires before dusting them to sell afterwards. The thought had occurred to her in the past, but normally she just went for the kill. There were ways of getting what she needed without looting corpses....although she had once taken the wallet from a vamp in an expensive suit. The fat wad of bills kept her in food & clothes for some time.

Now Red was babbling on about something, but Faith wasn't listening at all any more. she suddenly had a really bad feeling about something & she couldn't work out what. For a brief moment visions of a huge black demon blotting out the sky then a fireball seared across her mind, then they were gone.
The Vision, or whatever the hell it had been, left her feeling dizzy & she had to lean heavily on a filing cabinet to avoid toppling over. She quickly scanned the room, but no one seemed to have noticed.

She was brought back to her senses by Cho asking if they had a plan.

A plan? What good is a plan when it all goes to shit the moment you walk in the door anyway..... Even the great Buffy & her gang hardly ever bothered with anything more than Go in, kick ass, kill the bad guys, try not to die......again!

Just as she opened her mouth to make a snarky comment Willows voice rang loud & clear inside her head.

"If I stay back here you will look out for Cho right???"

Ugh! She needs to stop doing that.....It's just too freakin weird!

She saw Willow looking at her intently so she shot her a hard stare & tried to project her thoughts.

Get outta my head Willow....Yer Mouth ain't broke, so use it!

She had no idea if that was the right way to do it, or even if the witch had the ability to pick them up anyway. The surprised look on her face hinted that maybe she could......

At the mention of a plan everyone had looked at Gunn for guidance & he didn't look too comfortable with it all being down to him, so Faith spoke up.

"Look guys. We're just going over there to scope the place out. We don't even know if Cordy is there."

She shrugged. Great now everyone's looking at me...

"If it turns out she's there, well then we find out what she knows & head back here. Simple!"

Even as she said it memories of a dark tunnel & a bomb counting down flashed across her mind.
For a moment there was silence, then everyone started moving. It seemed Faith's plan, or lack of one, was good enough for the others. That or they just didn't want to have to come up with something themselves. Either way, they all filed out of the office & headed down to Gunn's pickup without further discussion.

Faith let Willow, who seemed to have decided to come along after all, & Cho ride in the cab with Gunn. She jumped in back, something was making her edgy & she really didn't feel like being social right now. She needed to clear her mind, focus on what was bothering her, but she had barely begun when the truck slowed to a stop next to a large building.

"Never thought I'd ever be coming here again." Sighed Gunn as he climbed out of the truck.

He had brought them to the rear of a sad looking building. The place looked like a throwback to the 20's that time had not been kind to. All the windows on the lower floors were boarded up & the fire escape ladder chained out of reach.
As Gunn led them up to the rear door they could see that someone had pried off one of the boards that had been fixed over the door, & the marks in the build-up of dirt by the door showed it had been opened recently.
The bad feeling that had been building in Faith clicked up another notch.

"Looks like we aint the first to show an interest in this place?"

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
"Looks like we aint the first to show an interest in this place?"

"Sounds about par for the course..." Gunn said as they approached. The building always felt foreboding and alien, even when it was home. Gunn tried to remember all of the insanity that had originated there, and hesitated a moment. Steeling himself for a confrontation with... something.

His blood was pumping, adrenaline spiking and all at once Gunn realized just how much he enjoyed this. He was supposed to be a frail human, scared of the dark, running from the shadows, but Gunn wasn't that. What was wrong with him? Why did he plunge himself into dangers above his head, why did he feel a compulsion to confront something others fled from. Faith was meant to do this, she had the call... but what called him? Pride? Foolishness?

"I remember there being a few portals opened here, as well as a ton of magic's being used." He mused as they slipped inside. The lights were still on in the lobby, and the place had clearly been recently occupied. By who or what however was a big question. Gun kept close to Faith, she had slayer senses, and he didn't... simple as that. He realized he was too close when Faith shot him a glance.

Gunn turned aside, his mind shoving aside what he knew was an innate attraction to the slayer. She was everything that Gunn chased, the fight, the battle, the darkness that he always seemed to run to. But those we're not feelings to be shared, certainly not now, and perhaps not ever. There was too much fight left, to many demons creeping about to indulge in his emotions.

"Sorry, this place still gives me the creeps... like nostalgia and the smell of death with a lobby."

"Shhh... do you hear that?" Faith silenced him and looked to her side.

"Hear what...." Gunn snapped back.

"I hear it too..." Cho announced, looking about with surprise.

"It's an old building, your probably just hearing-"

Then he heard it, a low grumble that sounded almost like a whisper. A hooded figure stood in the corner, it's hands rhythmically moving in the air, and chanting something arcane. Two other figures crouched next to her, each fading in and out of reality.

"Yeah... I don't remember that being there." Gunn said as he pulled the short sword from underneath his jacket.

The chanting got louder, and suddenly, the entire room went sideways, and a high pitched sound pierced the air like a cutting scream.

"You must not stop the ritual!" The figure screamed, pulling down the hood to reveal a human face of a woman with blonde hair, black eyes, and other arcane clothing. The two other hooded figures came forward, brandishing axes, preparing to dispatch the interlopers.

"Witches... why'd it have to be witches?" Gunn said, turning to Faith with resignation about yet another fight.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Cho tensed up when she saw the building opened up like it was & got ready for another fight . She hoped that it wouldn't be as hard as her last fight since she had felt like she had been beaten to a inch of her life "I never thought i miss fighting Vampires " she said softy to her self while looking around at everything .
Cho looked at Gunn " And you stayed here after all that ? " she said puzzled . "I would have left after the first portal but that just my own take " she said trying to keep a eye at everything & everyone rubbing her amulet softy as she keep walking & getting close to Willow .
Cho saw how Gunn seemed to be almost happy as he walked through the building & how he seemed to be getting close to Faith like she was getting close to Willow & had a brief though about Gunn maybe liking Faith more then the others .
Cho then heard something & not liking the sound pulled out her sword so she be ready to attack what ever was making that sound if she needed to.
Cho bit back a chuckle as Gunn said he didn't remember the chanting figures being there the last time he was there .
" Nice Indiana Jones quote " Cho said with a smirk as she ran up to Faith & Gunn ready to help them fight .

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
"Nice Indiana Jones quote..." Cho Ahn said boldly.

"They get Jones in China? Good to know." Gunn said as the three approached them.

Gunn tried to assess the situation. There wereFour wicca, each clearly concerned about their interference. The first rushed at Faith, large axe glistening in the light of the magical fire that was clearly being conjured in the middle of the room.

"Sorry to party crash... but this is LA." Gunn said as the other two wicca charged him. The final wicca focused on Cho Ahn with an odd looking spear.

He dodged to the right quickly avoiding what would have been a fatal blow from the first woman. The Second retreated, to the stairs. Gunn bounced up, elbowing the witch attacking him in kidney, then using the blunt end of the blade to knock him down.

"I don't want to kill a warlock... so stay down." Gunn said

The other wicca approaching Faith was knocked back by the slayers tremendous strength, the third wicca who retreated to the stairs saw the move and stopped, putting her hands up.

"Wait!... you're not..." She sputtered, her breath growing short.

"The violence shall cease! We cannot overcome two slayers." She commanded the other two. The woman pulled back her black cowl, to expose a middle aged human, with red hair and large blue eyes. She looked fierce and determined, and Gunn felt that even in her admission that they were out-matched.

At once they dropped their weapons, with a clatter.

"You are not our enemy."

"Depends, what's the deal with the mambo-light show over here?" Faith asked incredulously.

"We we're in the midst of a cleansing and sealing ritual. This place holds much mystical power that must be contained."

"Well there has been at least three dimensional portals opened here, plus some serious magics during the last- thingy." He stopped at the word Apocalypse, not really wanting to think about that time again.

"I am Circe, leader of this Coven. Identify yourselves champions."

"Like the Greek Half-Goddess?" Cho Ahn chipped in.

"An ancestor, I assure you." The woman smiled mischievously, making Gunn wonder just who she was.

"Since we're introducing ourselves... I'm Gunn, Charles Gunn, this is Faith, and Cho-ahn."

"The dark slayer... your reputation proceeds you and therefore-" She looked Faith up and down, almost approvingly. She turned then to Gunn. "Her Watcher?"

"Who... me? No. I mean I do know a little magic, and I have some training and experience in fighting baddies and what-not. But just an ordinary guy here." Gunn said jokingly yest an ordinary twice ensouled, once damned guy. "-'sides, Watcher's are old and...oh god." Gunn realized once more he was no longer considered young by the world any more.

"... and the un-initiated?" Circe said looking at Cho-Ahn, her eyes giving a critical look.

"A Knight betwixt two Queens." Circe said nodding as if this had all happened already. The other wicca assembled behind her, all revealing themselves to be somewhat normal looking humans.

"The signs did say we would encounter to powerful pieces tonight. You have been touched by the one called Willow as well. I should like to meet her, we have much to discuss." Circe said as if she knew of their arrival.

"Pieces?" Faith asked.

"We all have our roles to play... and the two of you are no different. The signs also point to a third with you and not, a fourth of power but wandering intent, and another whose presence is yet to be seen."

"And ...not? Why is it magical folks always speak in riddles?"

"Makes us mysterious I suppose, do you always interrupt others in this manner?"

"Sorry. So why are you here?" Gunn apologized.

"We mean to bind the wound inflicted here, before it grows again. The creatures that may come through-"

"Where were you years ago? I'm just saying you're a little late." Gunn said folding his arms in frustration.

"Our time had not yet-"

"Nevermind, listen we're looking for a friend of ours, Names Cordelia. She may have been transported here through this... rift... thing. Or she may have come here looking for us."

"When we arrived the place had been abandoned, evidence of some habitation of late, but no soul was present. May you find your friend. We must finish our ceremony, for the safety of this realm, and it's people." She said with a gentle nod.

Gunn looked over at Faith and Cho Ahn. "What do you think? We trust them?" He asked his teammates.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
As they entered the building the really bad vibe Faith had been getting became almost physical, as if the whole place was buzzing with evil.

"I remember there being a few portals opened here, as well as a ton of magic's being used."

Gunn's comment really didn't help matters, Faith hated magic....you can't kill magic!
The lights were on, and there were footprints in the dust all over the place...several people have been in here recently. As they crept further into the building Faith noticed Gunn had moved in close, way too close.
Dude, if I have to start swinging this axe you're gonna lose something important.... she thought throwing him a look.
He looked a little sheepish as he put some space between them.

"Sorry, this place still gives me the creeps... like nostalgia and the smell of death with a lobby."
But Faith wasn't listening any more, a faint murmur up ahead had all her attention. She stopped, straining to make out the noise.

"Shhh... do you hear that?"

"Hear what...?" Said Gunn stopping.

"I hear it too..." Said Cho stepping forward, her eyes scanning about, fully alert.

"It's an old building, your probably just hearing-" He didn't finish as the murmur became a voice....a chanting voice.....

Hear it now? Thought Faith with a slight chuckle to herself.

A hooded figure stood in the corner, chanting & waving it's arms around. Three others were kind of flickering, there one moment, kind of see through the next.

"Yeah... I don't remember that being there." Muttered Gunn raising his sword.

The chanting went up a notch, and suddenly, she was nearly knocked off her feet by an invisible force as someone screamed.

"You must not stop the ritual!" The figure cried as it dropped the hood to reveal the face of a Human woman.
But Faith was more interested in the other hooded figures who were moving towards them carrying axes. Party time!

"Witches... why'd it have to be witches?" Said Gunn as they readied for another fight.

Suddenly, two of the figures launched themselves at Gunn. At the same moment the third came straight for Faith.
Two on him, one on me.....amatures! She thought as she faced her attacker.
As the first figure looked human Faith decided not to go for the kill in case these were Human too. She had killed enough Humans for one lifetime. The figure came at her with a clumsy swing that she evaded easily & straight-armed it in the chest sending it flying backwards like a ragdoll. Off to her side she saw Gunn had put one of his attackers down & the other was retreating.

"Wait!... you're not..." Stuttered the one backing away.

"The violence shall cease! We cannot overcome two slayers."
As Faith looked on they all dropped their weapons, & pulled back their hoods to reveal them all to be Women.

"You are not our enemy."
Faith wasn't convinced, flickering lights said there was still some kind of dodgy spell in the making over in the corner.

"Depends, what's the deal with the mambo-light show over here?"

"We we're in the midst of a cleansing and sealing ritual. This place holds much mystical power that must be contained."

"I am Circe, leader of this Coven. Identify yourselves champions."
Faith started to look around the room as the others started introducing themselves. She didn't really care who they were & didn't suppose they cared much about her.

"The dark slayer... your reputation proceeds you."
Faith's head snapped round to see the woman checking her out. Man if a dude looked at me like that I would know exactly what was on his mind......perhaps that's a thing with all Witches?" She thought as the woman's gaze moved to Gunn.

"And therefore......Her Watcher?"
Faith couldn't help a slight grin at that, He wishes!

The woman slowly moved on to Cho regarding her with a slight frown.
"... and the un-initiated?" Faith saw Cho-Ahn stiffen at that, her eyes narrowing angrily.

"A Knight betwixt two Queens."
Sounds like she's got one of the Watchers books stuck up her ass! And I ain't no Queen lady.....

"The signs did say we would encounter two powerful pieces tonight. You have been touched by the one called Willow as well. I should like to meet her, we have much to discuss."
"Pieces?" Faith Didn't like the way this was going, almost as if they were expected.

"We all have our roles to play... and the two of you are no different. The signs also point to a third with you and not, a fourth of power but wandering intent, and another whose presence is yet to be seen."

Gunn shook his head slowly "And ...not? Why is it magical folks always speak in riddles?"

Faith's head hurt. Trying to make sense of what the woman was saying just made her want to hit someone so she tuned out starting to look up at the stairs, looking for signs that anyone had ventured to the upper floors. Even now that these Wiccans had turned out not to be an immediate threat something was still making her feel uneasy, as if something evil was keeping just out of reach of her senses. Probing for a weakness.
Plus she had a really bad feeling there was something important she was missing.....

Her thoughts were interrupted by Gunn, who was looking at her like he was expecting an answer.
"What do you think? We trust them?"

Her first instinct was Hell no! But although she didn't understand a word they said, she didn't feel any bad vibes from them. Maybe it's just a Wiccan thing, perhaps they are all a bit weird....
Suddenly it hit her, spinning around she scanned the whole room then looked at Gunn.

"Where the hell did Red go?"

CharlieGunn1

Ready for battle...
((ooc: If no one objects, I'll control Willow for a few lines, just to keep the plot moving))

"Red... oh, you mean Willow?" Gunn said, taking a moment to pick up on the nickname. Faith and the other Sunnydale crew seemed to have a way with nick names. "When do I get a loving yet short nickname?" Gunn asked sardonically. He then noticed too that she was gone.

"She was right-" Gunn spun about, seeing that only Cho-Ahn was with them.

"She must have stayed outside-" He began to report, until he noticed a heavy electricity in the air. Something was happening. All at once, the room seemed to flex itself, as if reality itself was being reshaped. The faces of the witches coven bent and were distorted, then reformed to look altogether different.

"Hold on!" Willow said, reaching into Gunn, Faith's and Cho-ahn's mind.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Gunn said as world continue to wobble. He saw that Faith and Cho-ahn were experiencing the change as well, but no where near as strongly as him.

"Sorry, but I got a whiff that reality was being warped back there. This room is under a transfiguration spell, very powerful. Just a sec-"

Suddenly a figure appeared behind Circe, the only figure who's face hadn't changed. "The creature was tall and gangly, with features that marked it as some type of demon. It's tendrils, tapping the back of Circe's head. It's eyes glowed with a bluish fire that supremely looked unnatural.

"The hell is that thing!" Gunn asked desperately, his head just beginning to clear.

"It's an Irathi Demon, could be feeding on the rift here..." Willow exclaimed. "Maybe for a while... and it's got young!" Willow informed them, as she clearly strained to keep the room stable.

The other witches looked similar, to this creature, almost like it's young. They all reacted violently to being exposed.

"I Must cOmplete tHe riTual!! Or He will be displeased!" It screeched and hissed, Circe too screeched almost echoing it with a more human voice, her eyes a glow with the same bluish hue repeated the same line "Keep them busy...My childreN!!"

Gunn, seeing the creatures approach them menacingly, turned to Cho-ahn.

"Ok... now it's Indiana Jones." Gunn said still reeling, but steadying himself for the fight that was coming to them.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
"Hold on!"

From somewhere out of sight Willow spoke inside Faith's head & everything went to hell.....
The room lurched like the dancefloor of a backstreet Bar after a bottle of cheap vodka & the Witches faces began to blur...again. She had no idea if Willow was causing everything to change or even if the others felt the same, but a quick glance over at Cho & Gunn told her they were experiencing it as well, Gunn worst of all!

"I think I'm gonna be sick."
She moved a couple of paces further away from him.....just in case.

Willow's voice boomed in her mind again.
"Sorry, but I got a whiff that reality was being warped back there. This room is under a transfiguration spell, very powerful. Just a sec-"

Suddenly a Demon of some kind just appeared out of nowhere right behind Circe, who remained unchanged. The thing was tall with burning blue eyes & weird tendrils that writhed about wildly. One of them seemed to be attached to the back of Circe's head as if it was controlling her like some kind of sick puppeteer.

"The hell is that thing?" Gunn voiced the question on Faith's lips.

"Is it made out of spare parts? It looks like something I drew with my left hand!" Added Faith.

"It's an Irathi Demon, could be feeding on the rift here...Maybe for a while... and it's got young!"
Willow's answer really didn't help. Faith had fought a lot of Demons since her calling, as well as her personal ones, but this was something new. She guessed the mini-me Demons the other Witches had turned into were the 'young' Willow was talking about as they took up defensive screen positions in front of the tall Demon, its tendrils snaking out caressing each one.

"If that thing says 'I am Groot' then I'm definitely trippin out here...okay!"

"I Must complete the ritual!! Or He will be displeased!"
As the Demon screamed, Circe repeated it's words eyes glowing blue like the Demons looking even more like a demented Puppet.

"Keep them busy...My children!!" The Puppet & Puppetmaster shrieked as the smaller Demons started to advance.
With Gunn positioned between the two Slayers the three of them readied for battle.

Faith raised her axe. This time there was no doubt that what she was facing wasn't Human. "Oh well...if in doubt, slice-n-dice!"

Top Bottom