• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Sharing my own banner art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I did, yeah. Got pissed off at times, but finally got it to work.
I really love it. The composition is great. Very impressed. I don't like the snow text being different, and the word "like" should be centered with the words below it, but other than that, it's very impressive for having just one little gimpy lesson.

Puppet
Puppet
Thanks

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
OK first of all - this is great but second - what the heck? We can do animation on GIMP? Is there a tutorial somewhere around here or did you just pay @Mr. Pole to teach you?
I was getting frustrated not being able to do animation, so I read a guide on Gimp's own website, and was totally confused. But then, a week later, I said 'what the hell' kept trying until I got it right :)

@Priceless Patience is obviously the key with Gimp :-(

Absolutely true, I've been using Gimp for a good 7 or more years, but there are also many helpful tutorials on YouTube, just fyi. It helps because it shows you what's happening, with a voiceover walking you through it :)

Priceless
Priceless
Patience is obviously the key with Gimp :-(

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Absolutely true, I've been using Gimp for a good 7 or more years,
Oh, my bad! I thought you just started. I take back my compliment then. I'm only allowed to give out one a week and I just wasted it.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Been a while, but got in an arty mood today and yesterday. Here are a couple of banners and a slew of icons :)

Banners

(inspired by the Bob Seger song by the same title)

Icons

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Like the Beautiful Loser banner.....Nice!
thetopher
thetopher
These are amazing. The colours alone are so lush! Well done. :)
Octavia
Octavia
OH!! I SO want to use one of those banners - may I?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom